Captain Circle Party

atdahop

Well your answer to the second question was incorrect. The Captain's Circle party now excludes lower-tier members (Gold and possibly Ruby depending on how many Platinum and Elite are onboard) who do have a separate get-together as warthog2608 described.........

No, it was not. Three weeks ago, the Captain's Circle party INCLUDED all CC members, which certainly includes Gold and Ruby. And we have NEVER gotten a voucher for a drink. They bring them to you during the party, AND munchies are brought around as well.

This might vary on different ships. Your definition certainly did not happen on the Royal Princess this month. (Nor on any of our other cruises.) My estimation is that you are describing an exception, not the norm.

If it's the Emerald, and only the Emerald, affected, then stating that exception would be useful rather than a blanket statement saying something has been eliminated fleet-wide. This is my issue. Since I'm no Emerald expert, perhaps you can tell us if bread sticks and butter have also been eliminated on that ship. That hasn't been my experience on others.

Bread sticks are only provided on request. M certain about that. I can't answer about butter. It sometimes isn't on our table but I don't know if that's policy or oversight.

I believe the notepaper and pen in the cabins may be provided on request, too.

This might vary on different ships. Your definition certainly did not happen on the Royal Princess this month. (Nor on any of our other cruises.) My estimation is that you are describing an exception, not the norm.

Yes, it does vary by the ship, and the number of different colors on board, too, I guess. On every one of my recent cruises (for more than 5 years, I think) the party has been split. Before the Ruby card existed, there was a Gold party, which now usually includes the Rubies as well. The Plats and Elites had another party at another time. Always the canapes and the drinks on a tray for the cruises longer than 5 days. I haven't been on the Royal, so I can't speak to their practices. The point is, ships differ. I don't think making blanket statements about how things are done fleet-wide is a useful practice. (I am not suggesting you did this, but others have.) My reports include the Ruby, Crown, Pacific, Star, Golden, Sapphire, Caribbean and Coral, and the previous Regal which I LOVED. Maybe someday I will be able to claim I've sailed the fleet but not yet. :)

Yes, it does vary by the ship, and the number of different colors on board, too, I guess. On every one of my recent cruises (for more than 5 years, I think) the party has been split. Before the Ruby card existed, there was a Gold party, which now usually includes the Rubies as well. The Plats and Elites had another party at another time. Always the canapes and the drinks on a tray for the cruises longer than 5 days. I haven't been on the Royal, so I can't speak to their practices. The point is, ships differ. I don't think making blanket statements about how things are done fleet-wide is a useful practice. (I am not suggesting you did this, but others have.) My reports include the Ruby, Crown, Pacific, Star, Golden, Sapphire, Caribbean and Coral, and the previous Regal which I LOVED. Maybe someday I will be able to claim I've sailed the fleet but not yet. :)

I agree, which is why I usually note "in my experience". (Yes, I sometimes forget.) We have done only 11 Princess ships. Now that some are exclusive to far East, I don't think we'll ever log the entire fleet.