Captain Circle Party

atdahop

Is it also a Voucher for 5 day? I prefer the voucher.
We had a Captains Circle party on our 5-day cruise on the Ruby in March. There was only one formal night (on the second night), and they held the champagne waterfall event on it. The Captains Circle party was later in the cruise on the next to last (fourth) night.

Yeah, but no voucher for those tasty little quiches they hand out at the party.:(;):D:D

Wouldn't know. Haven't been to a Captain's Circle party in many, many years. :)

I always make it to one but haven't seen any hors d'oeuvres since at least 2007.

I always make it to one but haven't seen any hors d'oeuvres since at least 2007.

We had some delicious nibblies on the Pacific in December. Probably another benefit of the little girls: lots of waiters circulating with hors d'oeuvres, lots of waiters circulating with drinks, and dead easy to get a drink of one's own choosing. Everything is just that much nicer on the smaller ships, in my opinion.

We did not get served any food on the Caribbean Princess last week at the Captains Circle party. I found out later that there were waiters circulating with trays of things. We were sitting down front with the most traveled passengers. It seems that someone should have told the waiters to be sure to offer some bites to them.

We did not get served any food on the Caribbean Princess last week at the Captains Circle party. I found out later that there were waiters circulating with trays of things. We were sitting down front with the most traveled passengers. It seems that someone should have told the waiters to be sure to offer some bites to them.

Our 10 day partial transit Panama Canal cruise did NOT have a Captain's Party. There was a little thank you show and you got a voucher at the end for a free drink.

Our 10 day partial transit Panama Canal cruise did NOT have a Captain's Party. There was a little thank you show and you got a voucher at the end for a free drink.
That was probably because there were too many past passengers on that cruise. If there are too many, there is a regular party for the Platinum and Elite passengers on one night and what you described for the Gold and Ruby on a different night :(

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That was the equivalent to the party, which isn't all that much better. At least you got some entertainment thrown in besides some watered down drinks and dry appetizers with your drink coupon. Believe me, you didn't miss all that much.

That was the equivalent to the party, which isn't all that much better. At least you got some entertainment thrown in besides some watered down drinks and dry appetizers with your drink coupon. Believe me, you didn't miss all that much.

We found out that if you don't like the drinks being served that you can order whatever you want @ the party. Many tables around us including ours ordered something different than what was being served.

We did a b2b2b (4/5/5) on the Ruby in April...

4 day = voucher

5 day = Capt. Circle party with hors d'oeuvres.

Hi, I was wondering if you could provide the link to your adorable butterflies in your signature? Thanks! :D

I always order a glass of red wine. You're right about the watered-down drinks. I think they prepare them in advance and the ice melts.

We found out that if you don't like the drinks being served that you can order whatever you want @ the party. Many tables around us including ours ordered something different than what was being served.

I always order a glass of red wine. You're right about the watered-down drinks. I think they prepare them in advance and the ice melts.

We often do the same. At least they don't let the ice cubes melt in the beer or wine :D

I wouldn't even bother going any more since it's just turned into one big advertisement about future sales but my wife insists on it.

Now if we're in the top three that's a different story. At least they take the drink orders ahead of time so your drinks are waiting for you at your table. ;)

We often do the same. At least they don't let the ice cubes melt in the beer or wine :D

I wouldn't even bother going any more since it's just turned into one big advertisement about future sales but my wife insists on it.

Now if we're in the top three that's a different story. At least they take the drink orders ahead of time so your drinks are waiting for you at your table. ;)

We were most travelled on several of our cruises and no drinks were waiting and since they seated us up in front we had very little service since the food and drinks come from the back.

We were most travelled on several of our cruises and no drinks were waiting and since they seated us up in front we had very little service since the food and drinks come from the back.

That's the job of the Capt circle host if he or she is doing their job properly. We even go to invite another couple & got their drink selections in advance also. There was no problem getting refills or food & we stayed until they practically threw us out. :D