Changing room with early saver?

bigdawg_cb

Is it possible for to switch rooms with early saver? Let me explain. .. I booked interior early saver had a price drop so it was 499 pp and we have 119 obc at the moment. Now if I were to let carnival pick my balcony room is would be 479. Is it possible to switch without losing my obc?

Is it possible for to switch rooms with early saver? Let me explain. .. I booked interior early saver had a price drop so it was 499 pp and we have 119 obc at the moment. Now if I were to let carnival pick my balcony room is would be 479. Is it possible to switch without losing my obc?

They might tell you that you cant do this. Early saver rules say you can not price match to guarantied rooms. Some workers at Carnival have been known to let you even though the rules say you can not so be prepared for a no you can't do this.

So I just called they told me that I'd lose my OBC of 119 if I switched to guaranteed balcony. BUT, I'd get a credit of 39.06 because the guaranteed balcony rate is cheaper than my current rate. I am currently interior 4G. So basically for 80 bucks switch to guaranteed balcony should I switch???

Or is their a way to get the guaranteed balcony and keep my OBC. I'm really not looking to get MORE OBC I just feel I should keep my OBC because I already paid that amount, had I not called about a price drop I would have got the OBC when I switched to guaranteed balcony. IDK I really think switching is the best choice but I feel the principle of it is bothering me.

If you would be happy with a balcony located anywhere on the ship and location doesn't matter, I would switch. $80 to go from an interior to a balcony is probably worth it. There is no way to keep the OBC if you switch, as whenever you price match with ES, you always calculate based upon bottom line of both promotions, so you must factor in the OBC when calculating your rate. What they told you would be right, you lose your original OBC and get the new OBC based on the new rate versus your old rate. Just remember, the location of your balcony can be anywhere on the ship and you will no longer be eligible for price drops.