Just Back From the Summit! Great and interesting week!

tymike

What a wonderful review!!! Thank you thank you thank you! We are leaving on theSummit in 4 days I am so excited I can't stand it!!! I am so looking forward to relaxing, spa 'ing and meeting some really great people!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just want to do this the last day also, in the am. Wierd that Celebrity doesn't offer it on that day. Glad you had a nice cruise.

Sorry for the delay in responding...I was out of town with (gasp) no internet!! I think the captain said that ship excursions are ship specific the first two days and that the a.m. trip the last day is only offered through the on shore vendors. They probably do this because the ships don't want responsibility for having to wait if anything goes horribly wrong on the trip on the last day. I could be wrong about that last part, but we had people from our ship and the BA on our snorkeling trip.

Have a great cruise!

tymike -

First, late me echo the sentiments of many of the posters here by saying that your review was an enjoyable read. I thought your organization of the review and the level of detail provided was great! I have cruised with Celebrity the most but my favorite cruise line is NCL for when I book a suite in the Haven. I have yet to travel to Bermuda or do an Alaska cruise, but my 2015 calendar is wide open and I am discussing with my partner about whether we should try Alaska or Bermuda.

Glad you had a wonderful experience on Celebrity and hope that you have many more.

Walter

can someone tell me which are the formal nights on the Summit Bermuda Cruise? Thx

Just off the ship yesterday too ... Monday and Friday are formal.

Very nice cruise by the way. Enjoy your trip!

tymike -

First, late me echo the sentiments of many of the posters here by saying that your review was an enjoyable read. I thought your organization of the review and the level of detail provided was great! I have cruised with Celebrity the most but my favorite cruise line is NCL for when I book a suite in the Haven. I have yet to travel to Bermuda or do an Alaska cruise, but my 2015 calendar is wide open and I am discussing with my partner about whether we should try Alaska or Bermuda.

Glad you had a wonderful experience on Celebrity and hope that you have many more.

Walter

Thank you Walter! I love things on both Celebrity and NCL as well. Isn't it wonderful to get familiar with more than one line so there are even more choices?? As I said, I have an AK cruise booked on NCL's Pearl next summer for myself and my bf but I might have changed it over to Celebrity save for the fact that we will have younger 'kids' (teens and 20's) with us so we are staying with NCL for that one.

I share the same hope for many more great cruises for you as well! :)

Just caught your review, thanks! We sail this Sunday. So you didn't have a reservation at Coco Reef? I'm trying to get in touch with them, but haven't gotten a reply to my email. Maybe I should just call them.

We didn't have a reservation because they told me they were sold out when I contacted them.

We arrived with two people who did have a reservation relatively early in the day (around 11:30) and somehow they allowed us to 'get in' although the desk person sort of indicated that she shouldn't be doing it. In sum, advance reservations would be a great idea; you don't have to pay in advance, so if the weather is bad you lose nothing. I think we got very lucky due to our timing and the fact that we were with 'reserved' people.

Glad you liked the review and I hope your cruise is as wonderful as ours was! :)

We didn't have a reservation because they told me they were sold out when I contacted them.

We arrived with two people who did have a reservation relatively early in the day (around 11:30) and somehow they allowed us to 'get in' although the desk person sort of indicated that she shouldn't be doing it. In sum, advance reservations would be a great idea; you don't have to pay in advance, so if the weather is bad you lose nothing. I think we got very lucky due to our timing and the fact that we were with 'reserved' people.

Glad you liked the review and I hope your cruise is as wonderful as ours was! :)

Add: I recommend calling them!

• 1 year later...