Deck Plans

Quayley

Hi everyone, I've kinda got a last minute question here, does anyone know where I can download zoomable deck plans? (Adventure) I've tried Shipmate however I can't seem to download them. When I put my phone into airplane mode, which my phone will be in for the entirety of the cruise, it tells me to connect to the internet to view the deck plans. Thanks! :D

Any chance you have a computer with Windows 7 or 8? First, download and install CutePDF. CutePDF installs like a printer and will show up on your printer list as a printer option. Using the Snipping Tool in Windows 7 or 8, highlight the deck plan you want and save it as a jpeg. Open the jpeg and select print off the File menu. Select CutePDF as the printer. When you hit OK, a Save dialogue box will open that allows you to name and save the deck plan as PDF. A PDF is much smaller than an image so it will be easier to transfer to your mobile device.

If all you have is Apple products, sorry I can't help you. :o

Edit: CutePDF is free.

Edited by Big_G

Sadly, I have a Mac however I guess I'll find a way. Thanks for the info Montekat, I've got those deck plans already, however they're too big for my iPad mini to take a screenshot of.

Quayley, if you click the "save to PDF" link you can save up to 5 decks in one PDF and it opens beautifully on the iPad mini. You could create a few PDFs to have the whole ship.

Quayley, if you click the "save to PDF" link you can save up to 5 decks in one PDF and it opens beautifully on the iPad mini. You could create a few PDFs to have the whole ship.

Wow, thanks so much! I didn't think this as it says "Print to PDF" Now I've got them all! :)

Sadly, I have a Mac however I guess I'll find a way. Thanks for the info Montekat, I've got those deck plans already, however they're too big for my iPad mini to take a screenshot of.

Since you are using an iPad mini you can download the Royal Caribbean app for the device. While you are still on wifi you can access the ship and the deck plans. If you go through each deck plan of the ship it downloads to the device and is accessible in airplane mode. I have done this many times using the app and my iPhone this way. I hope that this helps:D

Since you are using an iPad mini you can download the Royal Caribbean app for the device. While you are still on wifi you can access the ship and the deck plans. If you go through each deck plan of the ship it downloads to the device and is accessible in airplane mode. I have done this many times using the app and my iPhone this way. I hope that this helps:D

Is that still true with the newer version? I thought I read some unhappy people were saying the deckplans weren't being included anymore. The app description doesn't mention them either. Or maybe they heard the complaints and added them back?

Is that still true with the newer version? I thought I read some unhappy people were saying the deckplans weren't being included anymore. The app description doesn't mention them either. Or maybe they heard the complaints and added them back?

You are correct I had not noticed that change since I have not used it in over a year:(. Good thing you said something or I would have found out on my own in a month on my next cruise. :eek:

You are correct I had not noticed that change since I have not used it in over a year:(. Good thing you said something or I would have found out on my own in a month on my next cruise. :eek:

Sorry!! But I'm glad you learned about the change while there's still time to find another solution. Looks like I'll be off to make PDFs now (sigh).