Question for Copper John

Barkevko

Thank you Copper John for always being 10-8 for us!

I hope Capt Ane Jan Smit stays on the Maasdam for her return TA voyage (westbound) as we will join the ship in Rome. We had Captain Smit on his first sailing as Captain, or Master, a few years ago and he took very good care of us ;) and I'm sure he will again. Quite handsome too! m--

Capt Ane Jan is scheduled to be there for your wb crossing

Nooit van gehoord, is hij goed?/Never heard of him is he good?;)

Misschien maar eens vragen om een goede curryschotel/might ask for a good spicy curry.

Ook nooit van gehoord/mee gewerkt maar denk niet dat hij het tot die positie gemaakt zou hebben als hij niet goed was ;) Geniet van de goeie curry schotel / Also never heard of him/worked with him, however don't think he would have made it to that position if he wasn't good ;) Enjoy the spicy curry plate

Edited by Copper10-8

Early 2015 Sir; You're gonna come visit? ;)

John:

Are you going as a passenger or are you working? I am supposed to be Chaplain on the NA from March 1-8 but I am not a definite until I am within 6 months of a cruise. Still hope to meet you some day. After I mentioned your name to Pieter Bos, he always greeted me. He rates you quite high.

John:

Are you going as a passenger or are you working? I am supposed to be Chaplain on the NA from March 1-8 but I am not a definite until I am within 6 months of a cruise. Still hope to meet you some day. After I mentioned your name to Pieter Bos, he always greeted me. He rates you quite high.

Doesn't look like it Father, but definitely hope to meet you one time! Captain Bos goes out of his way to take care of his crew (and pax). Great captain to work for!

John, Do you have any idea if Mark Pells is scheduled to be the HD on the January 10, 2015 sailing of the Westerdam. If not, any info?

Thanks

It looks like he'll be on vacation at that time, kjw, although the position currently shows open

John, do you know who the officers will be for Ryndam TA on Nov 1?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Scheduled for RYDM's TA on that date are:

DRM Johny Frederix

Ex Chef Udo Sandering

Ex HK Tetet Prihatnoko

CD John Clelford

The captain and HD positions are open at this time

It looks like he'll be on vacation at that time, kjw, although the position currently shows open

Thanks.. Maybe we'll see him on his boat in SW FL after our cruise. :)

Edited by kjw869

Very possible! ;)

John, I have a ? for you, and you may know the answer. I'm also from Southern California as I lived in Newport Beach before relocating to the Midwest/FL. In 1972, I took a cruise from the LA area (I think it was San Pedro) to Hawaii. Because I had a situation where I had to fly back to LA as soon as we disembarked, I only spent about three hours in Hawaii. I don't recall if it was a looped cruise back to LA.

My question is, what cruise lines were operating out of the LA area in 1972--I don't think it was Princess. As I recall, it was named after a US President (but what do I know?)

Any info you may have? I've been racking my brains for over two decades.

Thanks

Edited by kjw869

John, I have a ? for you, and you may know the answer. I'm also from Southern California as I lived in Newport Beach before relocating to the Midwest/FL. In 1972, I took a cruise from the LA area (I think it was San Pedro) to Hawaii. Because I had a situation where I had to fly back to LA as soon as we disembarked, I only spent about three hours in Hawaii. I don't recall if it was a looped cruise back to LA.

My question is, what cruise lines were operating out of the LA area in 1972--I don't think it was Princess. As I recall, it was named after a US President (but what do I know?)

Any info you may have? I've been racking my brains for over two decades.

Thanks

Well, there were the ss President Cleveland and the ss President Wilson, originally both former WWII military transports, which sailed for American President Lines from the west coast to Asia with stops in Honolulu until sold in February and April 1973 respectively

http://www.lastoceanliners.com/cgi/lolline.pl?APL

Well, there were the ss President Cleveland and the ss President Wilson, originally both former WWII military transports, which sailed for American President Lines from the west coast to Asia with stops in Honolulu until sold in February and April 1973 respectively

http://www.lastoceanliners.com/cgi/lolline.pl?APL

That was it--American President Lines! I think it was President Cleveland ship. I was not too happy about the cruise, nor the fact that I had to fly back home unexpectedly. Forty plus years ago I thought I'd never take another cruise. :rolleyes:

Thanks again for the answer and the link.