Breeze or Freedom?

KPfromCT

I am taking my mother-in-law on her first cruise in 15 years.:eek:

Actually, she has only been on one, and it was an older RCCL ship.

She's 69, single, active, likes to drink, dance, gamble.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Leaving DD home with DH, as it's January, and she has school:mad:

Looking at the 6 day Breeze, which hits Ocho Rios, Grand Caymen, Cozumel.

Freedom hits Key West, Grand Caymen, and Cozumel.

We (DH, DD, and myself) have been on the Breeze twice, and LOVE it.

Never did Freedom......

The thought of a new ship is kind of cool, but I know what to expect on the Breeze:D

What would YOU do?

Thank you, ALL.

Your mother in law sounds like a mother in law I could like:D.

Im sorry, but I have only been on the Freedom (pre 2.0 upgrades), but love what I see and read about the Breeze. Freedom will seem like new to her since she has not been on a cruise in while, and will be something new for you too.

For you, you just need to remember it is not like the Breeze, but has been updated with 2.0 guy's and Blue Iguana. Also if you have been on other conquest class ships, then you will know the layout.

Im going on the Freedom for the second time in Nov. Rare for me to go same ship twice, but after that, I will just need to try a different ship, just to keep things interesting. But have to say that I liked the Freedom well enough to book a cruise on her again.

Whichever you choose, I hope you and your mil have a great cruise.

Edited by SMSACE6

Just off the Freedom. Never been on the Breeze (looking at it for next year). We had a great time on the Freedom. I was working on a review but the pics got screwed up so I won't direct you to it, but I took alot pics that I can put in this thread if there's something you wanna see. I've repeated one ship twice. Wouldn't do it a 3rd time. I can' think of anything you and your mother-in-law wouldn't enjoy about the Freedom. We stayed in the new oceanview rooms on the Lido Deck. Loved the location and the room. Food was great (although the deserts were horrible IMO) and lots of cool places to enjoy a drink. Any questions, just ask.

I've been on both ships in the past year and if the price was the same I'd choose the Breeze without hesitation. Much nicer ship, more amenities, newer, staff have been the best I've encountered on Carnival and they seem to get the best piano entertainers and comedians.