ORD-SIN via HKG question

voyager70

Hi,

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I'm looking at a flight (UA 895) which is direct ORD-SIN with a 3.10 hr layover in HKG. I assume everyone will need to deplane and go through immigration. Any idea (roughly) how long this process will take at HKG?

Hi,

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I'm looking at a flight (UA 895) which is direct ORD-SIN with a 3.10 hr layover in HKG. I assume everyone will need to deplane and go through immigration. Any idea (roughly) how long this process will take at HKG?

No need to go through immigration as you won't be entering the Hong Kong SAR. What you will do is exit the plane, and you will end up in a lower level with restrooms and moving walkways. Head towards "flight connections", or whatever it's called in HKG (I forget). This will lead you to security and back up an escalator to departures. From exiting the inbound plane to clearing security is usually quite speeding at HKG - 15 minutes, give or take.

We did this about 2 years ago and it took about 45 minutes to an hour to do this.

Wow, I've never really come across HKG being that inefficient, and I connect through there quite often. Longest it has taken me, even without priority, from exit door of the aircraft to the escalator after security has been like 25 minutes. Fastest was about 5.