Please explain Loyalty discount to me.

rucruisn2

I have read in these threads that people are getting Loyalty discounts on their cruises. I have been pricing my cruise and entering my captain's club number and see no difference in the price. I have also called Celebrity and of course they don't know what I'm talking about, except for the 1 cat upgrade they offer, which I know about. So, how does one get a loyalty discount?

I have read in these threads that people are getting Loyalty discounts on their cruises.

I have rarely seen a loyalty discount. However there is a limited one or two category upgrade because one is a captain's Club member. Royal offers loyalty balcony discounts. Perhaps you could post a link to the posts that you have seen this

There has been a Captain's Club offer for new season cruise releases - either OBC or discount - for the passed few years but this has only been available for a few months. [by new season cruises, I mean booking 2015/16 cruises in March/April 2014.]

Edited by Project_gal

There is something else as well, I'm not sure how to know what cruises it is on our how much it will be, but when I called yesterday I was able to get a $110 discount on my Jan 2015 Reflection cruise (and I kept the free 1 category upgrade and PYP Bev). When that last loyalty offer was on this cruise was not eligible as it was only for new sailings. The guy on the phone offered me this discount when I called to add the $100 OBC from the current summer sale (I took the $110 discount instead of the $100 OBC).

I have read in these threads that people are getting Loyalty discounts on their cruises. I have been pricing my cruise and entering my captain's club number and see no difference in the price. I have also called Celebrity and of course they don't know what I'm talking about, except for the 1 cat upgrade they offer, which I know about. So, how does one get a loyalty discount?

As with most lines, the loyalty discount are on select sailings. Same goes for where you live - they might offer Colorado resident discounts and not Florida or Florida and not Colorado.

Moral of the story is: if you find a cruise you like, book it regardless of any discount. If it's eligible, great. If not, oh well.