2014 Norwegian Fjords & North Coast Shore Excursions

Host Jazzbeau

I have just booked the 2016 Norwegian Fjords & North Coast cruise. It's obviously too early for Azamara to have shore excursions planned -- but can anyone send me a link (or email me - see my sig) with the Shore Excursions that were offered on the 2014 cruise? Thanks in advance!

I have been to Norway four times .. Twice on the Journey. Many of these ports you can walk around for hours by yourself. Just depends on how much museums and hiking you do. You can walk all over Bergen and several museums or hike up or down the mountain. Ashland has 402 steps to climb plus a great little museum.

Some ports they have changed tours from even last year. Flam take the train and back... That is easier to do with ship only as the whole world does it once. I have dine it twice.

This cruise dies it stop at North Cape?

Tromo .. Music museum

Type in each port and tons of museums, things to see show up. I had some great meals in towns and some just ok.

I have just booked the 2016 Norwegian Fjords & North Coast cruise. It's obviously too early for Azamara to have shore excursions planned -- but can anyone send me a link (or email me - see my sig) with the Shore Excursions that were offered on the 2014 cruise? Thanks in advance!

Hi Host Jazzbeau,

As the sailing is complete, might you know the ship (I believe it was Quest) & the sailing date ? I have a list of all 2014 sailings on my usual pc, but I'm away this weekend. If you can provide this information, I may be able to provide a link for you.

I will check this thread in the morning. Thanks !

Thanks Andy!

The dates were 14-June to 28-June 2014, Hamburg to Copenhagen, "Norwegian Fjords & the North Cape" on Journey.

I'm still around - coudn't sleep !

Here's the excursions link for the 6/14/14 JR sailing : http://browse.azamaraclubcruises.com/shoreExcursions/brochure/download.do?brochureFileName=SHXJR140614USUSD08242014.pdf

Have a great night.

I'm still around - coudn't sleep !

Here's the excursions link for the 6/14/14 JR sailing : http://browse.azamaraclubcruises.com/shoreExcursions/brochure/download.do?brochureFileName=SHXJR140614USUSD08242014.pdf

Have a great night.

Awesome! Exactly what I wanted, and such quick service. You're a gem.

Jazzbeau

Hi Jazzbeau,

Check the 2014 Norwegian Fjords roll call. We were on a similar cruise in 2013 and posted (#17) information what we did and saw in the ports we visited.

It was a great cruise. Just be forewarned, Norway is very expensive!

Norway is the more expensive country in europe more thank Denmark.. i was in both countries this summer.. never stops me from eatng out and shoping..

i was in molde a coupleyears ago for the jazz festival with the ship.

I find doing some of my own private tours i see more. I left out so many things i have done but you will figure it out.

Hi Jazzbeau,

Check the 2014 Norwegian Fjords roll call. We were on a similar cruise in 2013 and posted (#17) information what we did and saw in the ports we visited.

It was a great cruise. Just be forewarned, Norway is very expensive!

Thanks, I found it. The roll call in general was very helpful.

We were fortunate to be on the June 2014 cruise. Just a few tips to offer.

Bergen was one of our favorite ports, we took the funicular and also managed an English tour of the Hanseatic museum, all within easy walking distance as is the fish market.

We booked the seven hour tour that included the Flam Railway, Voss, and Stalheim Hotel as we were fearful that we wouldn't be able to replicate this tour independently. It sold out before departure. Once back on the ship at Gudvagen. we sat out on the back deck enjoying a drink and the scenery we had missed on the way in.

In Lofoten, we rented a car from Hertz, the location is very close to where we were tendered. When I asked about the GPS, the guy said we wouldn't really need any more than the map as there was only one main road. Book early if you need an automatic as the quantity is very limited.

At the North Cape, a fellow cruiser arranged a private tour with Arctic Guide Service--great experience. In addition to the North Cape we visited a Sami Camp, fishing villages and artist's gallery. Guide was very knowledgeable and spoke excellent English.

In addition to the roll call, there is a thread on Alesund and the Fjords by I-cruiser on the Northern European Ports Board that we found most helpful.

This was one of our most scenic cruises and we enjoyed the experience of the "Midnight Sun" as we were there over the summer solstice.

• 2 months later...

Hi Host Jazzbeau,

I and my wife, Liz, are booked on this cruise also. I was looking for a roll call for this cruise when I found this thread. Since I can't find one for the 2016 cruise, I'll start one.

Don

Hi Host Jazzbeau,

I and my wife, Liz, are booked on this cruise also. I was looking for a roll call for this cruise when I found this thread. Since I can't find one for the 2016 cruise, I'll start one.

Don

There is one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2108053