Sunshine Aft Balcony Review

CruiseFan3035

We had 7327 in May, we love the aft cabins having sailed in several of them, but this one is on my no no list. There is no seating in it, no sofa or chairs (except on the balcony). there was no fridge. But the worse part was the tv is mounted on the wall behind the headboard, so you have to lay upside down or across the bed to watch it. Maybe nitpicky but I'd never book it again. Ship was good though.

We have cabin 7329 booked for October. Was the cabin smaller than the other aft cabins you have had in the past, since there was no sofa or chair? Was the bed configuration different? My husband will freak if the TV is behind him. How was your a/c, did your room get cool enough? If you have any pictures, I'd love to see them.

We have cabin 7329 booked for October. Was the cabin smaller than the other aft cabins you have had in the past, since there was no sofa or chair? Was the bed configuration different? My husband will freak if the TV is behind him. How was your a/c, did your room get cool enough? If you have any pictures, I'd love to see them.

I kinda freaked out reading the reply. No sofa or chairs and a tv behind you??? Sounds odd. Hoping that's not true.

Me 😃

We had 7327 in May, we love the aft cabins having sailed in several of them, but this one is on my no no list. There is no seating in it, no sofa or chairs (except on the balcony). there was no fridge. But the worse part was the tv is mounted on the wall behind the headboard, so you have to lay upside down or across the bed to watch it. Maybe nitpicky but I'd never book it again. Ship was good though.

Do you have any pictures? I am in cabin 7329 in Oct and would love to see the layout.

I will take good care of the room, maybe!

I hope you like my cabin. lol After your cruise, please let me know if you liked it. I would love to see the layout if you take pictures and would like to know if it was cool for sleeping. My last balcony cabin on the Liberty was warm, so I will bring a fan with me, if need be. Hope you have a great time on your cruise, in my cabin. I cruise on 10/17. Thanks.

Our room steward told us that 7327 and the one the other end of the row are the only ones with the weird tv configuration. The cabin was defininetly smaller than others we have had but I accounted that to the remodel on the sunshine. I did like the position on the end next to the wrap around, made it seem more open on the balcony and you could see sideways and back.

• 2 weeks later...

Our aft balcony on the 8th floor was booked for 3 adults. NEVER try to put 3 adults in it. 2 adults and a child maximum. The only time we had problems with the noise was the very last night when they did a late night dance party in the Havana Lounge directly above us.

• 1 month later...
How was your 9/5 cruise on the Sunshine? I will be in cabin 7329 next week. Was wondering how the temperature in the cabin was. Any pictures?

the temp was great . no pictures it is the same as any balcony. The floor was wet by the door and at the foot of the bed and it stunk the room up bad. The next day they came in and shampoo the carpet ,it did help but still smelled a little . At the end of the cruise it was pretty good . Have a great cruise . Scot

We sailed in 7331 last month and it was a good cabin. Try not to get 7324 or 7327 next to the wraps. They are smaller with no couch and the tv is positioned strangely. Our friends had 6379 aft facing and the cabin was good but the large balcony was not usable most of the time due to lots of standing water. They complained to Guest Services but were told it was because it rained. Except it did not rain and our balcony was dry. They complained again and someone came to look at it. Friends were told it was because there was no drain and nothing could be done about it. Our balcony had a drain. So, after spending more for a nice aft balcony they couldn't use it because of allof the standing water. The cabins next to theirs also had water and there were no drains either.

We sailed in 7331 last month and it was a good cabin. Try not to get 7324 or 7327 next to the wraps. They are smaller with no couch and the tv is positioned strangely. Our friends had 6379 aft facing and the cabin was good but the large balcony was not usable most of the time due to lots of standing water. They complained to Guest Services but were told it was because it rained. Except it did not rain and our balcony was dry. They complained again and someone came to look at it. Friends were told it was because there was no drain and nothing could be done about it. Our balcony had a drain. So, after spending more for a nice aft balcony they couldn't use it because of allof the standing water. The cabins next to theirs also had water and there were no drains either.

I have heard that 7324 and 7327 are smaller and had strange layouts. That is why I booked 7329 for my October cruise. Now I am worried about my December cruise on the Sunshine. I have aft balcony 6377 for that cruise and that is the one next to your friend's balcony. There better not be water on my balcony, as we intend to spend a lot of time out there. Thanks for the heads up.

the temp was great . no pictures it is the same as any balcony. The floor was wet by the door and at the foot of the bed and it stunk the room up bad. The next day they came in and shampoo the carpet ,it did help but still smelled a little . At the end of the cruise it was pretty good . Have a great cruise . Scot

Glad to hear you had no ac problems. I will pack an air freshner just in case. I appreciate the info, thanks!

Ok I hate to sound stupid but how do I look at your stuff? Lol

Me 😃

I hope the link still works. On the bottom of my signature, there is a link that is underlined right after the words Carnival Sunshine. Just click on the underlined part. It should bring up the review so you can see the photos.

I hope the link still works. On the bottom of my signature, there is a link that is underlined right after the words Carnival Sunshine. Just click on the underlined part. It should bring up the review so you can see the photos.

Hey In your review you said that all 5 aft extended balconies had 2 chairs, a lounger and a table. What deck was that on? We booked 7333. I would be so excited if we get a lounger!!!

On the Sunshine right now in Port at Key West. So far we enjoy the ship however there are a few things that are not so enjoyable. First, while our room is well air conditioned, most public areas are not. Very hot in the market place sometimes and very warm in the Mezzanine hallway to the comedy club. That area is very congested especially waiting for the doors to open to see the comedy act at night and it is very, very small inside so go early and be prepared to wait in a hot hallway. Overall we are having a great time. No buckets all over or bad smells at all that we've noticed just some crowded & warm areas with little to no air. Wouldn't stop us from sailing her again. Ok out of Port in a few hours then off the Nassau. Tootles for now.

Me 😃

• 4 weeks later...

For those who are interested, we loved the Aft balcony. Very roomie. One thing to keep in mind is that the separators on the balconies are at an angle because of being in the back so when you're looking over the rail if you look left or right you can totally see onto the balcony of the person next to you. Not a big deal for us. We loved the room regardless. We had 7331 and my family had the room right next door. Hope the pics attached ok.

ImageUploadedByForums1415704051.156212.jpg.63be0353df3145447475aee57b07c95f.jpg

Me 😃

ImageUploadedByForums1415703964.142281.jpg.66e482c1cfc63583bfe0cbdbfe38fa92.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1415703994.128995.jpg.0d9db970196cc9db609d684c317e6312.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1415704014.090520.jpg.531edfa2802de95cb75f47edee4cbf76.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1415704030.209049.jpg.bb7f053bbd8d8fb116cd3a7684de2ebe.jpg

Thanks! I hope we get them too!!

We were in 7329 last month. It was wonderful. A/C was great. We even had two ceiling vents in this room. We had 2 chairs, a table and a lounger and pleanty of room on the balcony. We are cruising on the Sunshine again next month in extended aft balcony cabin 6377. Any reviews on this cabin? Just wondering about the A/C.