FTTF and Minor

kbh2

We are going on cruise with my husband and I and 7 adult children and one child who is 16 in March 2015. I purchased FTTF for hubby and I figuring we could board early and drop off carry on luggage and when the kids board they can also drop their stuff in our cabin until theirs is ready. My question is when we get to the port do all of us check in and get sail and sign etc. and then we board early and they wait or is separate lines to check in? My problem may be I may have to be with my 16 year old at check in and don't want to board and then have issues. I don't have a problem with him boarding with the rest of the kids just not sure how we need to do this. Any advice would be helpful.

Will you be waiting in the cabin for the kids to board?

then you tell the 16 year old to have someone call the cabin to get you if there is a problem.

Is someone over the age of 25 will be with the 16 year old for checkingin?

if so I do not foresee a problem

Yes our older children range in age from 27 to 23 I just was not sure if a parent was required for check in or not. He will also be on our sail and sign account as well. We thought it would be a good idea to get on the ship and do a little relaxing and have a drink by ourselves before the crazy started.:p

Edited by kbe2

Technically if you don't have FTTF, you aren't suppose to be beyond those doors. What many have done though is locate your kids after they board, then you take their things to your cabin.

Some have made it through without FTTF and others have been stopped. It's easier if you just take their stuff to your cabin yourself.

I presume that your 16-yr-old is not staying in the same cabin as you? If this is the case, then I would have him board with whomever he is sharing a cabin with. There may be one caveat, though. If I'm not mistaken, you stated that the 16-yr-old will be on your sail & sign account (same credit card). It may be that you and the teen may have to board together for this reason, but since he is a minor and you are his parent, he may be able to board early with you even if he is in a different cabin. If not, then you may have to handle his s&s account at guest services once aboard ship. This may not be an issue, but it occurred to me that it could be since at check-in they usually ask passengers to present the credit card to which all charges are to be made. To be sure, though, I would ask a Carnival rep before you get in line. Are you departing from either Miami or Fort Lauderdale(Port Everglades)?

He will also be on our sail and sign account as well. .:p

Take him off the sign and sail account. State that you are doing a cash account. It will be easier this way

putting him on your account-- you need to check him in with you