!!! DIVINA !!! Eastern Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Day2-121_zps4cbf1c44.jpg

Day2-122_zps023995b0.jpg

Day2-123_zpsbe493c88.jpg

Mom bought a pair of those shoes, I think they amounted to $35. She did not buy them that day though. I believe it was the next day. That day they did not have her size.

Day2-124_zpsc24d6eb5.jpg

I saw several people on board with that cute hat.

Day2-125_zps639c5386.jpg

We also got one of those chunky large pens for my uncle’s wife, which by the way broke and we had to get it changed. Ironic that I said high quality in the earlier post, lol.

Edited by gambee

Day2-132_zpsd47f5407.jpg

We then decided to head back up to the room and drop off what I had bought. On the way up I noticed a service dog exiting the elevator. My mom spoke to the lady, she said that she is not capable of leave the house unless the dog is with her. But here is the thing, what happens if the dog dies? Anyway, I am no one to judge here, and I was devastated when my dog died. However, to me it seems a bit much that you cannot leave the house without your dog.

He was a sweet, well behaved dog.

Day2-134_zps4e27c07a.jpg

When we got up to the room, we found that our fantastic room steward had rearranged our sleeping arrangement. She moved one of my beds to the other room and arranged them really neatly. It really worked wonderfully for the rest of the cruise. Having that extra late room really helped us during this cruise.

Here is my room.

Day2-135_zpsc0cc2486.jpg

And my mom’s room.

Day2-137_zps3cd2f509.jpg

She also rearranged the chairs nicely.

Day2-139_zpsc73ad79f.jpg

Edited by gambee

We unpacked my new toys and relaxed on the balcony for a little while. We were also waiting for my uncle to reappear from his ship explorations :D.

Day2-143_zps0131e694.jpg

I love the back of the hat. BTW, this is the same hat that the crew uses.

Day2-144_zps0f9f9fc1.jpg

The quality of that model is just fantastic! I love it!

Day2-145_zps9e576c09.jpg

I am not even sure when I will use the bag, now that I think of it, I should have sent it to my uncle's wife.

Day2-146_zps4e352940.jpg

I remember saying in my Breeze review that I did not understand people who bought cruise brand products, and here I am with an arsenal of them, lol. Oh well, I guess humans do change ;)

Day2-140_zpsf651f04d.jpg

You see the wall there? My room is just there. I rarely used my balcony on this cruise, whenever I wished to be on the balcony I would go to my moms room. I really disliked that wall blocking half of my view.

Day2-141_zpsb2e33d3f.jpg

Day2-142_zps5fed962b.jpg

And you guys all know my closet right there on the sofa, by the cruise end, it was a complete catastrophe! I will show you later on :D. You know I am not one to shy away from stuff like this.

Day2-147_zpse03b0c7c.jpg

We decided to go and have lunch since it was about noon. Mom took one of the fruits from our fruit basket.

Day2-148_zps57376dc9.jpg

I took some pictures of the options that day. Here is the set.

Day2-149_zpsbcff11ee.jpg

Day2-150_zpsad332005.jpg

Day2-151_zps1c2f8be1.jpg

Again, their bakery is phenomenal!

Day2-152_zps3073e201.jpg

Day2-153_zps43658da5.jpg

Day2-154_zpscca0cda4.jpg

Day2-155_zpsacc42800.jpg

Day2-156_zps250fe7fb.jpg

Day2-157_zps4ac6be7c.jpg

Day2-158_zps03ca92a0.jpg

So that was not parma ham, it actually had another name. Maybe I get the picture later on, I just can't seem to recall the name. It was really good, but rather fatty. Took me a while to clean up all the fat.

Day2-159_zps82576106.jpg

Day2-160_zps6a2f2e1f.jpg

Day2-161_zpsbd3ed2e9.jpg

My mom's. She said the meat was really good, I actually made her get a little more so I could try it. While in line the guy behind her kept giving us dirty looks. I am not sure why, there was plenty for everyone.

Day2-163_zps577e4c51.jpg

My aunt's.

Day2-164_zps22ae9053.jpg

And here is mine. Everything was pretty good, I really enjoyed the gnocchi Alfredo. Actually, that mini sandwich was a vegan one, I was not a fan of it.

Day2-162_zpse5f436e7.jpg

Here is our view that day eating lunch.

Day2-167_zps36102eee.jpg

Day2-169_zpsdf5af201.jpg

Day2-168_zpsbdb98ab8.jpg

Day2-170_zpsb26a4447.jpg

And I was sporting my new hat.

Day2-171_zps1bb4f280.jpg

The day was going just like a perfect sea day should go, nice and smooth. Little did we know that our cruise was about to turn a bit sour very soon... The story is coming up on the next set.

That is it for this set, more later =)

Yup there is, and I have pictures of the prices. The odd thing is that half on the third day of the cruise we got more inventory. Ill post them as I come across them.

Thanks, Gambee. Did you think the prices were good value? I'm on Preziosa on Saturday and will take a look but I wouldn't be au fait with costs of equipment so I'd have no idea what would be a bargain.

Thanks, Gambee. Did you think the prices were good value? I'm on Preziosa on Saturday and will take a look but I wouldn't be au fait with costs of equipment so I'd have no idea what would be a bargain.

I was not familiar with any of the equipment, let browse quickly and I will let you know.

Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Amazon $340, MSC 310

sony cx250 Amazon $500, MSC 525

A lot of the models are not coming up on the US amazon. I have never seen these cameras, I think they are Euro models?

MSC Divina is pulling out of the Caribbean next summer just because they can make much more money out of her sailing in the Mediterranean sea. She will be doing western Meds because demand seems to be quite high there. I don't believe she's back only to be enhanced for the American audience, that's a very polite way of putting it.

And also summer is high season for European holiday makers, I think they can fill the ship much more easily. Maybe europeans do not worry about every single little insignificant detail and tend to look at the broader picture for a holiday to be successful.

MSC Fantasia ships were never built to be based in the Caribbean year round, they are built to offer slower service and more relaxation. I would not be surprised if they built one of they newer ships from scratch if they really want to be successful in the Caribbean market.

By the way, I think the ship has three very large jacuzzis, two in the pool deck and one in the covered pool area. At least that was the case with the MSC Fantasia

Hi Gambee - I have been reading along and really enjoying your review so far. Nice cliffhanger - I can't wait for the next installment!

I didn't post earlier bc I didn't want you to feel obligated to respond. But here I go. I decided maybe it's more important for you to know you have another reader that appreciates your work!

Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Amazon $340, MSC 310

sony cx250 Amazon $500, MSC 525

A lot of the models are not coming up on the US amazon. I have never seen these cameras, I think they are Euro models?

Appreciate the info, Gambee. Looks like it'd be best to check out prices on Amazon before shopping onboard!

MSC Divina is pulling out of the Caribbean next summer just because they can make much more money out of her sailing in the Mediterranean sea. She will be doing western Meds because demand seems to be quite high there. I don't believe she's back only to be enhanced for the American audience, that's a very polite way of putting it.

And also summer is high season for European holiday makers, I think they can fill the ship much more easily. Maybe europeans do not worry about every single little insignificant detail and tend to look at the broader picture for a holiday to be successful.

MSC Fantasia ships were never built to be based in the Caribbean year round, they are built to offer slower service and more relaxation. I would not be surprised if they built one of they newer ships from scratch if they really want to be successful in the Caribbean market.

By the way, I think the ship has three very large jacuzzis, two in the pool deck and one in the covered pool area. At least that was the case with the MSC Fantasia

You're right, there are 3 of them, I forgot about the one in the covered pool.

Hi Gambee - I have been reading along and really enjoying your review so far. Nice cliffhanger - I can't wait for the next installment!

I didn't post earlier bc I didn't want you to feel obligated to respond. But here I go. I decided maybe it's more important for you to know you have another reader that appreciates your work!

Hello there, nice to see you here :). Glad to know you liked what I have done so far.

Edited by gambee

Appreciate the info, Gambee. Looks like it'd be best to check out prices on Amazon before shopping onboard!

I am not a fan about shopping on board, but MSC does offer good prices. Just keep that in mind.

I finally caught up!

I just got back from Peru two days ago and have been reading this in between unpacking and returning to work. I was so excited to return from vacation to find another Gambee review!!! It is like my vacation is extended as now I can live yours through the pictures and narrative HAHA.

So far there have been boobs, spilled drinks, more boobs, cute guys, and a lot of fun with your family! I am so happy you got to enjoy your family on this trip. I know it has been a rough year for you so this was well deserved! Can't wait for the rest! :D

Amazing pictures! Have seen the groupon deals for MSC but never thought much about it. May actually have to try them out.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Those groupon deals are unbeatable. At that price this cruise is one not to be missed. It is beyond me why people say "Never again". The cruise line is by no means perfect, but for us it was a great cruise!

Same here. Somehow we usually skip shopping on board cruise ships.

Agreed. But as I said, if I was going to shop on any ship, it would be on this one. As a matter of fact, I was actually looking at one watch. Everything looked great and the price seemed to be right. The only reason I did not purchase it, was because I could not do research on the price. I never buy anything unless I know I am getting the best deal. Now I am home and realized that it was actually about $10 below anywhere on land. Not a great deal, but a good one yes.

I finally caught up!

I just got back from Peru two days ago and have been reading this in between unpacking and returning to work. I was so excited to return from vacation to find another Gambee review!!! It is like my vacation is extended as now I can live yours through the pictures and narrative HAHA.

So far there have been boobs, spilled drinks, more boobs, cute guys, and a lot of fun with your family! I am so happy you got to enjoy your family on this trip. I know it has been a rough year for you so this was well deserved! Can't wait for the rest! :D

Well hello there! Hope you had a nice trip to Peru. I have never been there, but would love to visit machu picchu one day.

Glad you like the review so far. The more I work on it, the more I see new things that I missed on the ship. Funny how that works.

Thank you for dragging along my adventures, it is really nice to see you following again :)