!!! DIVINA !!! Eastern Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Those spa prices got better as the week went on, the last day 50% off for a hot stone massage those are so nice, I wish I saw that on my cruise, somehow the drinking package came first. haha

You know something, I had not even noticed that. MSC has the best deals on just about everything, that I have ever seen!

I am enjoying your review once again, how is the computer holding up?

It is still alive, I am backing up every hour or so just in case. I think it was related to the BETA OS.

Gambee, was there a camera shop onboard and, if so, did you check out the prices (or is that a stupid question:rolleyes:)?

Yup there is, and I have pictures of the prices. The odd thing is that half on the third day of the cruise we got more inventory. Ill post them as I come across them.

Day 2, Sea Day.

Ok, let’s see. I woke up and turned the TV on to watch some TV. I relaxed in bed for an hour or so. Later on I called my mom and see if they were already up. Little did I know that they had been up for a few hours already. This was the first time that I figured that Ripple basically had to be reset each morning.

So I got ready and went to their room.

Day2-2_zps5e2e1dd9.jpg

The view from my mom's room was really fantastic, almost 180 degree one.

Day2-1_zps6f595ff5.jpg

My uncle told me about his winnings and ventures from the night before.

Day2-3_zps643f06e2.jpg

They finished getting ready and we headed up to the buffet to have breakfast.

Like I stated earlier. Breakfast in MSC Divina is pretty good. I enjoyed a lot of the items and everything is rotated quite often to keep it fresh. The only problem that I saw here was the lack of options. They had 5 stations with the same setup of eggs, bacon and sausage. I also never saw smoked salmon or eggs Benedict in the buffet, for those 2 items you have to go to the MDR for breakfast. We never made it there for them =(

Day2-6_zps8ac7ec73.jpg

Day2-13_zps21a64f99.jpg

Day2-14_zpsbec901bf.jpg

Day2-15_zps84028187.jpg

Day2-16_zps7ce18c6a.jpg

Day2-17_zps61e31915.jpg

This is the station that I was just talking about. I think there is a total of 4 of them throughout the buffet. The bacon was good, I only eat bacon on cruises. Thank God, if not, oh my...

Day2-18_zpsf2325893.jpg

Day2-19_zpsc8c3a5f1.jpg

Day2-20_zps33f0f85f.jpg

The fried eggs were my favorite ones.

Day2-21_zpsc52b6511.jpg

Day2-22_zpsf680f69a.jpg

There is only one toaster, but the good news is that the lines move quickly, I never actually waited longer than 2-3 minutes. I kind of wish that the toaster was set to a higher temperature, but it accomplishes the job, so no complaints :)

Day2-23_zpsa9e75d6c.jpg

Day2-24_zps78c247b9.jpg

Day2-25_zps55b3e231.jpg

I have never seen these baked apples anywhere before. They smelled FANTASTIC!!! I never tried them, not sure why.

Day2-26_zpsf804b3c6.jpg

Dear Lord, look at my uncle's place!!!!

Day2-27_zpsffd19d05.jpg

My moms and Aunts

Day2-29_zps4ca1e884.jpg

And Mine

Day2-28_zps33e1f2c0.jpg

Like I said everything was delicious! I just like to see they made Gambee super happy by adding smoked salmon and eggs Benedict!

This was our view while eating breakfast. Not too shabby, huh?

Day2-30_zpsf1d0944a.jpg

After breakfast we headed downstairs to fix something in the front desk, for the life of me, I just can’t seem to remember what it was… Oh wait, we went there to settle the gratuities and tie all accounts to my credit card.

Day2-33_zpsb99bf4b1.jpg

I also got the pictures of the breakfast menus for the main dining room

Day2-31_zpsb33a107a.jpg

Day2-32_zpsda8cb1e3.jpg

We walked around a little and took a few pictures. My uncle noticed how being down low you could tell much better how fast the ship was sailing VS when you’re in the upper decks.

Day2-55_zpsd0a98c88.jpg

Another ship in the distance.

Day2-56_zps55e40f1c.jpg

Day2-57_zpsfa742b4f.jpg

Day2-58_zpsd7436cf5.jpg

Day2-59_zps9170e385.jpg

Day2-60_zpsbc880c67.jpg

The elevator lobbies are stunning. No one can tell me otherwise. No, wait, the entire ship is stunning. And I dare you to find a spot of rust in that ship!

Day2-61_zpsaa78bf91.jpg

Edited by gambee

We decided to hit the Lido deck and enjoy some of the sun that would become abundant in this cruise. Do you remember my Celebrity Silhouette cruise, where it rained every day? Well, this cruise was the total opposite. The sun was out and shining the entire cruise. It was just lovely!

We first toured around a little before setting up.

Day2-62_zps59255309.jpg

Day2-63_zpsf491ee83.jpg

Day2-64_zpsfc38f590.jpg

Day2-65_zps88704819.jpg

Day2-66_zps00d1cf7a.jpg

Day2-67_zps4c9a2584.jpg

Day2-68_zpse9afad48.jpg

Day2-69_zps7ba17176.jpg

They were prepared for the water spinning classes in the infinity pool.

Day2-70_zpscb71ddc0.jpg

So we decided to make camp in the top aft Jacuzzis.

Day2-71_zps186dd3a8.jpg

Day2-72_zps30886c8d.jpg

It was pretty empty at that time. I really do not understand why cruise lines do not cover their Jacuzzis, you will see all kinds of improvisations that we went through to get shade in that area. I think it is something that mom and I have to get used to. But at the very least on the Carnival Breeze I could use the shade of the ship to cover the Lanai Jacuzzis. In this ship, much like on Breakaway and Getaway you have to struggle through the heat.

One thing to note is that there are 9 free of charge Jacuzzis in this vessel, not bad at all. Two of them are super sized.

Day2-73_zpsf91f0c3b.jpg

With the bright sun shining on us, mom over did it a little and over squeezed the sunscreen and spilled a bunch of it. By the way, we ended up using 4 bottles of sunscreen in this cruise. By now you know that mom had basal carcinoma in the past and we take very good care of our skin. Please MSC cover at least some of your Jacuzzis in future cruises!!! Some of you will tell me, why did you not go to the forward ones with the roof. While some of the time they provide some shade, the truth is that the pool area itself is packed with children running around and doing their shenanigans. I much rather a peaceful environment ;) if you catch my drift.

Like I said, from that Jacuzzi area you can see the basketball court.

Day2-75_zps581db9c4.jpg

We must've stayed there for an hour or so. I remember leaving the area because it was too hot and we all agreed to head to the pool area. By the way, I have not mentioned this, but my uncle was always roaming the ship up and down. He rarely remained with us for a prolonged time. I think he simply just wanted to make the most of the cruise.

Day2-76_zpsf26a9657.jpg

Day2-77_zpscbfb0a03.jpg

Day2-78_zpsbfced262.jpg

The infinity pool was amazing that day. It was filled all the way to the top and the water was a perfect temperature. We all went in and sat on the little beach to refresh ourselves. It was just fantastic!!

Day2-79_zps3b2ca38f.jpg

We must have stayed there for another hour or so. Just enough to cool down, enjoy the views and people watch. It is truly a really nice environment and that day it was in fact very much children free. What a lovely environment!

Day2-80_zpsbd6d4041.jpg

I am just right now that the shower comes out of that V shape metal structure, very neat!

Day2-81_zpsed438e8f.jpg

Those look amazing at night, just wait =)

Day2-82_zps9d8f4946.jpg

A lot of handsome fellows that day.

Day2-83_zpsb6208b9e.jpg

Thanks for the great review Gambee and looking forward to my 1st cruise with MSC. Have a question if you could answer - are the doors metal? Want to put a magnetic sign on the door.

We're currently on Divina and yes the doors are metal,,,:D

Then we set out to check out some of the stores that my mom and aunt had missed from the night before. My uncle was nowhere to be seen. I think he had gone on one of his famous walks. I am not entirely sure how he did it. He woke up at 6am and went to bed around 2am nearly every day. Me on the other hand, I took it super easy, this cruise was one that I just took some time to enjoy myself. I have been so busy with school this year, and I am just overall very tired. Fortunately, I am making all A’s in all subjects. Hopefully that will look good for my graduate degree application.

Anyway, we went to the stores, so my mom and aunt could check them out.

Day2-84_zps4a7c8f78.jpg

Day2-85_zpsdfb29e16.jpg

Day2-86_zpsc9957148.jpg

Day2-87_zps49ee02ff.jpg

Day2-88_zps4a0cf465.jpg

I wish to point out that I never noticed any upselling on this cruise. Impressive!

Day2-89_zps66e14ddf.jpg

Day2-90_zpsa4643e3b.jpg

The candy store is just fabulous! So many European candies, I remember them from a few years back. Unfortunately I did not purchase anything, not sure why. Maybe finances, I was truly just trying to keep that onboard account to a bare minimum. Anyway, they had a lot of really nice candies in that store.

This is by far the best candy store that I have seen out of all my voyages.

Day2-91_zpsb00b9a90.jpg

Day2-92_zps3766c20b.jpg

And so affordable!

Day2-93_zps46f28cad.jpg

Day2-94_zpsf435b5dd.jpg

Those are the extra large ones.

Day2-95_zps31389c0d.jpg

Day2-96_zps1313c997.jpg

OMG those Milka products are to DIE FOR!!!! If you never had them, you just have to. I learned to love them in Paris, they were really affordable too. I could be wrong here, but to me it seemed like their hershey's brand.

Day2-99_zps1681d248.jpg

Day2-100_zps742780f9.jpg

Day2-101_zps77a5b21a.jpg

We kept on walking checking some other stores out.

Day2-102_zpsdc003825.jpg

Day2-103_zps407abe46.jpg

The store has a lot of very neat items and all of them appear to be of high quality, the best part are the prices!

Day2-116_zps799fde93.jpg

Day2-117_zps7d301ca1.jpg

Day2-118_zps26b5dd3a.jpg

This is what I bought, the hat, the bag and the model ship for $40!!!!!!!! I mean really $40???? I paid $45 for the NCL Breakaway model ship and the MSC looked 1000% better than the Breakaway one!!!!

I was extremely pleased with this purchase!

Day2-119_zpsf01fdb94.jpg

Day2-120_zps2def5edb.jpg