!!! DIVINA !!! Eastern Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

We ABSOLUTELY love your reviews! So glad you have another one for us! Thanks so much for all your hard work. As a language/speech therapist, I think your grammar is excellent. Can't wait to read more!

Thank you for your comment, I am really trying to clean up my writing. It is not an easy task, very glad the improvements are being noticed.

Was so glad to see your post on FB, letting us know your review was up and running!!

A Gambee review is not to be missed, whether I have an interest in the ship or not! You're just so darn entertaining!! :D

Can't wait to see what 'trouble' you get into this time! Sounds like you have all the right family with you to keep us smiling!

And as for the comments on your grammar and proofing, folks need to just chill and enjoy the entertainment and education you are providing! I've purchased books that have far more errors and they were professionally edited!

Just keep doing what you're doing!! Your faithful followers adore you! :)

Thank you for your kind words, they are very much appreciated. We did have quite a bit of mishaps on this cruise, I believe the most out of any cruise. I could lived without a few of them.

We definitely had the perfect group this time around, maybe a little too perfect :D

Hi, Gambee. Great to be cruising with you and your family again. Your reviews are always so wonderfully done. I hope your Uncle will enjoy his first cruise. Is there alot of upselling on this ship? Thanks Gary:)

Hello Gary, thank you for joining in the fun. I noticed zero upselling! Well, not zero, but among the least ever.

You mentioned happy hour 2 for 1 specials. Do they advertise them in the daily program

Here is the thing, my mom went to a bar and she was told about it. Then she got 2 drinks for one coupon. She was told that the information would be in dailies, I never looked for it. I also noticed someone saying they are nowhere. I am sorry that I cannot comment more on this, that is pretty much all I know. I am not even sure which bar it was at, I will ask her and let you know.

Yay! I love a Gambee review! I inhaled the previous ones before my first cruise!

The only problem is that seeing these pics is making me feel hopelessly homesick for the Preziosa and kind of wishing we had booked the Divina instead of the Disney Magic. However, it was for our boys not us - otherwise it would definitely have been the Divina!

I am sure you will love the Magic, Disney cruises are in a category of their own.

We chose to go to the room and check if the bags were there.

DivinaDay1-292_zpsa0b5721b.jpg

The main pool was starting to get some action!

DivinaDay1-293_zps11895464.jpg

DivinaDay1-294_zps7e44979a.jpg

Back in the room still no bags, at that time it was officially the latest that we had waited for our bags.

I took the mini bar pictures and room service menu

DivinaDay1-295_zpsffc20c2a.jpg

DivinaDay1-296_zps810176b5.jpg

I never tried the smoked salmon sandwich :-/

DivinaDay1-297_zpsc850b2ed.jpg

The bathrobe was ok, nothing out of this world. The nice one so far, was the one on the Breeze.

DivinaDay1-298_zps11ab5f4c.jpg

You just have to love that view!

DivinaDay1-299_zps7a24bcce.jpg

Well, since I always board with my bathing suit on and my mom and uncle had their suits in their carry-on. That meant that the only one without one was my aunt. So we still decided to go to the Jacuzzi and relax a little. She said she would just relax on a lounger and talk to us from there.

My uncle was still playing all his silly games and taking way more pictures than me.

When we got to the Lido deck, we noticed that the Carnival Victory was pulling out of port. MSC Divina leaves port late at night around 7:30pm. This is mainly due to the fact that it waits for the European passengers to fly in from overseas. So it was around 5pm and no bags. That was really frustrating. We made the best of it for the time being.

DivinaDay1-300_zps020ad815.jpg

I just love pictures like this one. There is some much to it!

DivinaDay1-301_zps7b5d86a9.jpg

This lens is not the best for direct sunlight pictures, but absolutely love this one.

DivinaDay1-302_zps011469c3.jpg

As I said yesterday outstanding job Gambee I was just wondering I see you have tried multiple lines any chance you might go on the new Regel princess and do a review?? Have it booked for my 50th next Oct and your reviews are so good I'd love to see one:):) heck if I could afford it I'd pay for you to go and do one:):D

Can someone please tell me where that cloud came from?

DivinaDay1-304_zps7389e1c1.jpg

As usual you could hear the music from the Carnival ship, they had a grand party going on!

DivinaDay1-305_zpsb70c5074.jpg

Here we go, the first of many "illustration mode"pictures! How cool is that?

DivinaDay1-306_zps9ad23c19.jpg

I just love when everyone waves back!

DivinaDay1-307_zpse499b43b.jpg

DivinaDay1-308_zpsd78bad3e.jpg

Such a smooth reflection.

DivinaDay1-310_zps34f352fa.jpg

As I said yesterday outstanding job Gambee I was just wondering I see you have tried multiple lines any chance you might go on the new Regel princess and do a review?? Have it booked for my 50th next Oct and your reviews are so good I'd love to see one:):) heck if I could afford it I'd pay for you to go and do one:):D

She is my # 1 choice for my March cruise, we just have to see if the stats align and we can make it happen :)

Thank you for your comment, I am really trying to clean up my writing. It is not an easy task, very glad the improvements are being noticed.

It's hard to believe English is your second language - your writing style is excellent and entertaining to read.

Bytheway, I'm finding it hard to get any packing done I'm so caught up in both this and Mike's reports:rolleyes:

DivinaDay1-311_zpsd800e39f.jpg

Then we got to the Jacuzzi and stayed there for about an hour or so.

DivinaDay1-303_zps143bf1f4.jpg

DivinaDay1-309_zps112e94f5.jpg

It was really a relaxing time. We ended up getting out of the Jacuzzi because they made an announcement for my least favorite part of the cruise… Muster…

We headed down to the room to get changed from the wet clothes and head down to Muster. Oh, but wait still no bags… And that was the only change of clothes that I had, so that means that I had to go to muster in a soaking wet bathing suit. So we all grabbed our life vests (they are mandatory) and headed down. This was a first for me. I have never taken the life vests with me.

DivinaDay1-312_zps4b1268cd.jpg

DivinaDay1-313_zps31f1636a.jpg

Our muster was inside, needless to say that I was not a happy camper. I was soaking wet with a towel wrapped around me. Muster was really annoying. They make the announcements in 6 different languages. The staff only makes sure you are there, by scanning the cards. After that they really don’t care what you do, my uncle pose for about 30 pictures doing silly gags. I had my headphones on and I was on the Internet, and mom was people watching. I am not convinced that I want to be aboard this ship during an emergency…. Not that I was doing something to help the situation.

Once in the room we waited some more for the bags, but still nothing. We also decided to open one of the bottles of Asti.

DivinaDay1-317_zps6fc1cc23.jpg

DivinaDay1-318_zpse2d3c2fc.jpg

I know, I know. This is not safe. However, I could not resist the temptation!

DivinaDay1-320_zpsa4a41c83.jpg

I think I took some of my best pictures that day. I love that lens!

DivinaDay1-319_zps79bb02ef.jpg

DivinaDay1-315_zpseb181dc4.jpg

We were enjoying the champagne when a miracle happened!!!

One bag arrived… It was my aunt’s bag, I was happy for her. It was around 5pm already...

That meant that at least one of us had clothes for the cruise!

DivinaDay1-322_zps33f1d703.jpg

A frustrated Gambee went out looking for the bags, then when I got to the bag dispatch area, I noticed about 20 people, everyone very upset about this. Some people even went as far as going inside and looking for their own bags. I talked to my room steward and she told me that they were running a little late with the process. So what else to do but wait…

DivinaDay1-323_zps9fcf2a9b.jpg

Of course, it was not long until silly me started spilling drinks. It was an accident, I was trying to carry too many items in one hand. Half of it went on top of the cell phone, and so I rushed to clean it.

DivinaDay1-324_zps495df8db.jpg

We relaxed on the balcony, as we all waited for the bags to arrive.

I managed to get it cleaned fast enough to prevent any damage.

DivinaDay1-325_zpsb9a692c0.jpg

What a view!

DivinaDay1-326_zps867cf80d.jpg

DivinaDay1-327_zps58db913c.jpg

I decided to get my zoom lens to get some pictures of a private yacht parked at the port and I noticed that at some point in time the lens UV filter got busted. Thank God it was not the actual lens, this is why I always invest on these protectors. That reminds me, I need to order the replacement. Not exactly something good, that filter is about $40 :-/

DivinaDay1-328_zps12327deb.jpg

Can you spot my heli?

DivinaDay1-329_zps3362ed08.jpg

Isn't she gorgeous? I wish the view was not blocked by the containers.

DivinaDay1-330_zpsa419db3b.jpg

DivinaDay1-331_zpsed7fea01.jpg

DivinaDay1-332_zpseb345293.jpg

DivinaDay1-333_zps482f6243.jpg

This camera is truly amazing!

DivinaDay1-334_zpsc78957c6.jpg

So buttery, LOVE IT!

DivinaDay1-335_zpsa018e22e.jpg

Does anyone know what this building is all about? I loved the red lights on it!

DivinaDay1-336_zpsd3a1c617.jpg

DivinaDay1-337_zpsdc1fed99.jpg

DivinaDay1-338_zps804c3a57.jpg

Soon I noticed some action and we were getting ready to set sail.

DivinaDay1-339_zps8a0e93be.jpg

We all grabbed our stuff and headed out to the sail away area that I had planned for us. Just so you know, any of the decks have side aft balconies that are accessible to anyone. We chose to stay on deck 11 and head aft. The spot was everything that I had dreamed of, we were the only ones there and it was a really large area. It was perfect for the noise that we were about to start making!

DivinaDay1-341_zps050b54fc.jpg

DivinaDay1-342_zpsc781b04b.jpg

DivinaDay1-343_zpscfbc640e.jpg

Priceless!

DivinaDay1-344_zps1e116bc3.jpg

That looks like a similar building on that side.

DivinaDay1-345_zps28224bb3.jpg

DivinaDay1-346_zps137631f4.jpg

And you ask how we were going to make noise that everyone around us would be disturbed?

Here you go!

DivinaDay1-347_zps1839d777.jpg

Trust me those things are incredibly loud, and we each had one of them. The folks on the private balcony next to us told us that it sounded like New Years Eve, we agreed, it was loud as hell, and it was about to get even louder!

I got some nice pictures of the sunset

DivinaDay1-348_zpsfdafc5e6.jpg

DivinaDay1-349_zpse7b7b71f.jpg

DivinaDay1-350_zps21d358bd.jpg

That's the Bimini Express.

DivinaDay1-351_zpse5b594df.jpg

DivinaDay1-352_zpsf548e1e5.jpg

Just an incredible sail away!

DivinaDay1-359_zps1a43c019.jpg

DivinaDay1-360_zpse9c7d07d.jpg

That late departure time really worked great for us! Just look at those pictures!

DivinaDay1-361_zps95b42f65.jpg

DivinaDay1-362_zpsf4c14035.jpg

And here is when it started getting really LOUD!!! We called the cars out and A LOT of cars would blow their horn back at us. This happened during the entire stretch of that street. It was amazing. I have to say this was the best sail away EVER!!! A lot of cars would stop and wave, and you could tell they were mainly waving towards the super loud party in the back. Meanwhile, all the people on the balconies were staring at us, it was really funny. But I think none of us care.

It was AWESOME!!!!

DivinaDay1-363_zpscc850d01.jpg

At one moment one crewmember came in and I thought he was going to tell us to quit it. He simply waved at us and smiled.

DivinaDay1-364_zps5133ad83.jpg

Edited by gambee