!!! DIVINA !!! Eastern Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

I'm really stumped on why MSC is so quickly pulling Divina from the US, as well. MSC had two options when deciding to cruise out of the US - to market the cruise to Europeans wishing to sail the Caribbean, or to reach the US market. MSC claims to have chosen the latter, but seem to be doing a haphazard job.

MSC hasn't made much of a marketing presence in the US. There are no television or radio campaigns that I have noticed on US networks. What I have seen are unbelievable Groupon deals, offering a 7-day cruise for $269 per person in an inside stateroom. If I could fit it into my schedule, I would snatch one up! They've also been rather present on Twitter and hosted a Cruise Chat on family cruises several weeks ago.

Clearly, MSC's attempt to reach the US market was a failure.... but so much that they determined that it's best to withdraw, rather than to hire a marketing executive who is familiar with and successful in the US market? It makes me wonder if they didn't allocate enough funds (or funds in the appropriate sector) to begin this expansion in the first place.

I am really enjoying the interior of the Divina, though. It's a very forward design... a bit flashy, but tastefully so.

Europeans love Nutella. I ate it for every meal when I was living in Italy.... didn't even need to spread it on anything. I could suck it right out of the packet! So after returning to the US, I quit Nutella cold-turkey.... but that giant container has me craving a taste.

They are not pulling out of the USA market.

Great start for another wonderful GAMBEE review ! The ship looks amazing and the prices are reasonable but it looks like they need to decide who they want to attract. Your pictures and commentary were worth the wait . Hope your computer is working now. Can't wait to see more !

Gambee.......thank you so much for this review......we are going on the 20 Sept for our first ever MSC cruise........we are 30 in with other cruise lines and I've heard good and bad....and after reading your previous reviews I was so excited to read this true review.....

Like you we aren't American born and bred.........so we look at our experiences differently too...........we so don't take things like our American friends.........whom we love all of them..........so we are travelling with great American friends and can't wait for the experience.............I love your totally honest approach..........can't wait to continue to read............and loved the bar menus and the dailies.........

For us....we just go with the flow.........I had to tell my hubby about the popcorn shrimp at the kids area.............whenever have I been on a cruise that had a segregated kids area................now I've never travelled Disney..and they likely do...but RCL, Celebrity and NCL and Carnival don't..........how cool is that....

OMG! Have a great cruise! Mom and I are debating between Alaska and Europe for next year, although I am pretty sure Europe will win.

As far as mega reviews, I feel honored :o. I would love to read your review, please post a link on this thread so I am aware of it.

Thank you :)

A Gambee review has become the new standard in CruiseCritic Reviews. They are a category all their own!

Alaska will be our first non Caribbean cruise and the wife and I are doing it for our anniversary. We too had thought about Mediterranean, but Alaska was easier to get to and a bit cheaper. Although, not by much. The excursions are real expensive in Alaska, but then again, where else are you going to walk on a glacier?

Really digging all the pictures in this review. I had never even considered MSC before and this review is opening my eyes.

I know in the past you have used the RX-100 and we just bought it for Alaska, so I hope our pictures look half as good as yours in this review and I will be happy.

I will be sure to link to the review once it is up. We are going to try and do a little live review on CC and on social media, but not sure how good the internet will be on Celebrity.

Back to reading! :cool:

Was so glad to see your post on FB, letting us know your review was up and running!!

A Gambee review is not to be missed, whether I have an interest in the ship or not! You're just so darn entertaining!! :D

Can't wait to see what 'trouble' you get into this time! Sounds like you have all the right family with you to keep us smiling!

And as for the comments on your grammar and proofing, folks need to just chill and enjoy the entertainment and education you are providing! I've purchased books that have far more errors and they were professionally edited!

Just keep doing what you're doing!! Your faithful followers adore you! :)

Hi, Gambee. Great to be cruising with you and your family again. Your reviews are always so wonderfully done. I hope your Uncle will enjoy his first cruise. Is there alot of upselling on this ship? Thanks Gary:)

Marty,,,I'm currently sailing on Divina and there is no upselling at all.

Yay! I love a Gambee review! I inhaled the previous ones before my first cruise!

The only problem is that seeing these pics is making me feel hopelessly homesick for the Preziosa and kind of wishing we had booked the Divina instead of the Disney Magic. However, it was for our boys not us - otherwise it would definitely have been the Divina!

Yay! I love a Gambee review! I inhaled the previous ones before my first cruise!

The only problem is that seeing these pics is making me feel hopelessly homesick for the Preziosa and kind of wishing we had booked the Divina instead of the Disney Magic. However, it was for our boys not us - otherwise it would definitely have been the Divina!

read Gambee's Disney cruise report you will get excited about that cruise.

read Gambee's Disney cruise report you will get excited about that cruise.

:D

I'll read it again. :D

The problem is that I have experienced MSC and can place myself in everything he says and posts. It's not so easy with Disney yet. I loved our MSC cruise. And I am sure I will love our Disney one too - I certainly loved Gambee's review when I first read it!

You mentioned happy hour 2 for 1 specials. Do they advertise them in the daily program

Sharon,,,they are not mentioned in the Daily's,,and I have been all over this ship so far looking for a happy hour special and have yet to find one. I asked our One Bar bartender who also works in the lounges at night and he hasn't heard of them,,,so I'm still on the hunt,,haven't given up yet.

Great start for another wonderful GAMBEE review ! The ship looks amazing and the prices are reasonable but it looks like they need to decide who they want to attract. Your pictures and commentary were worth the wait . Hope your computer is working now. Can't wait to see more !

Currently on my computer, hope that it stays alive for the rest of the review. Thank you for the kind comment, I will try to do my best with this review as well :)

My friend! It is good to see you again doing another one of your fantastic reviews! I am following along and enjoying your report very much :)

Hello there Chris, very nice to see you here in the early stages :). I hope you like the review :)

Gambee.......thank you so much for this review......we are going on the 20 Sept for our first ever MSC cruise........we are 30 in with other cruise lines and I've heard good and bad....and after reading your previous reviews I was so excited to read this true review.....

Like you we aren't American born and bred.........so we look at our experiences differently too...........we so don't take things like our American friends.........whom we love all of them..........so we are travelling with great American friends and can't wait for the experience.............I love your totally honest approach..........can't wait to continue to read............and loved the bar menus and the dailies.........

For us....we just go with the flow.........I had to tell my hubby about the popcorn shrimp at the kids area.............whenever have I been on a cruise that had a segregated kids area................now I've never travelled Disney..and they likely do...but RCL, Celebrity and NCL and Carnival don't..........how cool is that....

I also noticed the buffet for kids rather unique, it was really funny that the only shrimp were there as well. I think you will have a good time aboard Divina, especially with such a large group.

Thank you for following along, I hope you continue to enjoy the review.

A Gambee review has become the new standard in CruiseCritic Reviews. They are a category all their own!

Alaska will be our first non Caribbean cruise and the wife and I are doing it for our anniversary. We too had thought about Mediterranean, but Alaska was easier to get to and a bit cheaper. Although, not by much. The excursions are real expensive in Alaska, but then again, where else are you going to walk on a glacier?

Really digging all the pictures in this review. I had never even considered MSC before and this review is opening my eyes.

I know in the past you have used the RX-100 and we just bought it for Alaska, so I hope our pictures look half as good as yours in this review and I will be happy.

I will be sure to link to the review once it is up. We are going to try and do a little live review on CC and on social media, but not sure how good the internet will be on Celebrity.

Back to reading! :cool:

The RX is a fine camera, certainly the best of her kind. I just could not accept going down from the NEX sensor, they are just in a different segment alltogether.

I think we will end up going to Europe, mom is dying to see the Vatican. We will see nothing is writen in stone.

I did notice that the price of Alaska and Europe are very similar. Who knows we might do Alaska in 2016 or 2017.