!!! DIVINA !!! Eastern Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Are they seriously serving Coca Cola Light? That's the European calorie-free version of Coke, and to any Diet Coke addict like myself, it is not the same! I find it to be a little impractical for them to serve Coca Light, considering they probably restock in Miami? Why are they not serving the US Coca Cola products?

Are they seriously serving Coca Cola Light? That's the European calorie-free version of Coke, and to any Diet Coke addict like myself, it is not the same! I find it to be a little impractical for them to serve Coca Light, considering they probably restock in Miami? Why are they not serving the US Coca Cola products?

We can get Diet Coke here in "Europe" too. What we call Zero Coke is maybe Coca Cola light in your neck of the woods.

Phew managed to get the end of day 1 - fab review so far as ever Gambee!

I have always been curious about MSC as their prices are often really great for UK cruisers but never been too sure about their product but we don't mind trying out different cruise lines ourselves!

Got to say a Miami sailaway is just the best - loved it each time I've sailed out of Miami! :D

If you like superyachts then you will love Europe - saw quite a few of them on my Azamara Quest cruise!

We can get Diet Coke here in "Europe" too. What we call Zero Coke is maybe Coca Cola light in your neck of the woods.

Where in Europe do you get Diet Coke? I lived in Italy and have traveled throughout Europe (but not the UK) and never encountered good 'ol American Diet Coke.

What I did learn is that people who drank Diet Coke for the zero calories tend to prefer Coca Light because it's a bit sweeter and softer.

I think it is around April of 15, and then bringing her back for the season. It just won't be a year around cruise like they had previously stated. MSC stills wants a presence in the US market, but they are not as committed as they originally stated.

Hey Gambee! You know us, we love to cruise!

A couple of reasons why The Divina is being pulled from the market. Ken Muscat, the Vice President of MSC USA explained to us on our sailing that The Divina was going to have further upgrades to entice the American Market, which included additional super technology upgrades and enhancing the entertainment venues to bring bigger shows in. Also, the secret building that is going on with their two new Technology Driven Ship builds, two new mega ships, are going to take their place in the American Market in 2016 and 2017. Much like the Quantum, they too will be very far reaching in the techno world. That being said, the Divina is still sailing full, the competition is worried, so much so that I know of a couple of Celebrity folks sailing on the September 6th sailing in disguise. Whoops, let that cat out of the bag.

One other point I wanted to make is that MSC is a private family owned company and do not have to answer to investors or share holders or hedge fund operators. Therefore, they can play with the pricing as much as they want. First and foremost, the company is a Shipping Company. On the downside, MSC is a European cruise line and in as much as they want to cater to Americans, it ain't gonna happen for most folks. The line is too entrenched in European standards. Which, being fans of the original Costa (Pre-Carnival) we loved The Divina for what it was offering.

We are going back on the Divina for the second time, to complete our "Adventures", very, very soon as well. Your review as always is priceless, informative and honest. Thank you so much!

Love your pics and your new website!

Where in Europe do you get Diet Coke? I lived in Italy and have traveled throughout Europe (but not the UK) and never encountered good 'ol American Diet Coke.

What I did learn is that people who drank Diet Coke for the zero calories tend to prefer Coca Light because it's a bit sweeter and softer.

Ireland!

Based on the photos in this review, the cans that are offered on the menus above show all three - Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Light and Coke Zero available at the bars and restaurants. It looks like the mini-bar in the room doesn't offer the full variety and selection of cans.

A couple of reasons why The Divina is being pulled from the market. Ken Muscat, the Vice President of MSC USA explained to us on our sailing that The Divina was going to have further upgrades to entice the American Market, which included additional super technology upgrades and enhancing the entertainment venues to bring bigger shows in.

I was under the impression that the Divina was being brought back to Europe for upgrades but I've looked at her itinerary for next year and nowhere can I see where she'll be out of commission :confused:

I've devoured all your other reviews after booking a cruise on the Silhouette, and this is the first time I'm following one "live". It's very exciting :D

I love your pictures. They're so beautiful! Thanks for posting pictures of the accessible room. There aren't nearly enough out there.

Can't wait to read the rest!

Based on the photos in this review, the cans that are offered on the menus above show all three - Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Light and Coke Zero available at the bars and restaurants. It looks like the mini-bar in the room doesn't offer the full variety and selection of cans.

I bet if you asked, they would stock it with your choices. Worth a try.

I didn't see a picture with Coke light, maybe I missed it, but if they have coke light its most likely stock refill from Brazil that they are still going through. Otherwise they will be getting diet coke from Miami once stocked was deminished.

Edited by Bosjoe

I just have to admit that as of now I don’t like the tone of this review. Everything that I say seems to come out negatively. Nonetheless, all I am doing is writing from my personal experience. We truly did have a wonderful cruise, but there is certainly a lot of room for improvement from MSC.

That's it for today. I will post more tomorrow.

Your pictures are extremely good!

I don't think you're being negative at all!

You stated the ship is beautiful, extremely clean, you liked the cabins, and you mentioned you got a great deal which gave you the opportunity to pick a balcony instead of an inside cabin, all positive comments!

You were not impressed with the food, but reading your comments you also wrote you liked a lot of them also!

I would disagree with you about the quality of food on the Divina, but that's OK because food is subjective!

example: The buffet on our last Allure cruise, one night the only hot dishes were curry dishes, and we don't like curry:mad:, so off to the dining room we went, no big deal! Didn't ruin our cruise!:)

We drink most of our drinks on RCL for free because of our loyalty club status, but MSC has the best drink prices, and drink programs we've come across on any cruise line! :D

Why did we choose an MSC balcony over an RCL balcony? Because we saved over $1500. for our 2 week back to back cruise by choosing MSC!:eek:

I was under the impression that the Divina was being brought back to Europe for upgrades but I've looked at her itinerary for next year and nowhere can I see where she'll be out of commission :confused:

The Divina will go into dry dock for about a month before she returns to the US is what I remember others stating a few months ago!

The Divina will go into dry dock for about a month before she returns to the US is what I remember others stating a few months ago!

I was on the US website earlier today as Divina's itineraries are more widely available to that market. For example, she's doing a couple of 10 nighters and an 8 nighter in Sep/Oct 2015 that aren't showing on the .ie site - she seems to be sailing routes right up 'til her repo to Miami on Oct 24th.

I'd love to know what MSC's plans are for her as I'm hoping to book a sailing while she's in the Med and Sep/Oct would be ideal.

Here is the thing, my mom went to a bar and she was told about it. Then she got 2 drinks for one coupon. She was told that the information would be in dailies, I never looked for it. I also noticed someone saying they are nowhere. I am sorry that I cannot comment more on this, that is pretty much all I know. I am not even sure which bar it was at, I will ask her and let you know.

Thank you, I would appreciate that. I love a good bargin :)

Hi Gambee.....so glad to see another of your fantastic reviews! We learned the Breakaway from your review(and it was spot on). We are going on her again in 2 weeks, but this time to Bermuda, were again all your tips and experiences will come in handy.

Leslie and Bill

DivinaDay1-383_zpsc3246c37.jpg

I have always loved the pictures when you finally leave the city and your vacation truly starts!

DivinaDay1-384_zpsf443600d.jpg

DivinaDay1-385_zpsd5716e39.jpg

These pictures came amazingly sharp for such a slow lens.

DivinaDay1-386_zps4ff58f0a.jpg

DivinaDay1-387_zpsc2005385.jpg

Love it! The water so still.

DivinaDay1-388_zpsa9a0cf73.jpg

Gambee, my friend, these are some of the best night shots I have seen (with a nod to Little Miss Magic) and I agree that the cruise really gets started....the stress level dips to zero (if you have your luggage, that is) as you leave the port in your wake. Did you use Lightroom to enhance these shots? A tripod?

As usual-wonderful review and your passion for cruising and sharing is evident.

Thanks for sailing MSC who have more than a fair share of "never again" reviews.

I am currently happily married to Princess where I have never had my luggage show up more than an hour after I boarded.

The Duty Free liquor prices and the wine lists are excellent.

Glad to be aboard and in your company once again.

Best wishes,

Norris

Yay, another Gambee review! ^__^ I really enjoyed your Breeze one and this has already proved to be highly entertaining so far! I haven't heard of MSC so it's nice to learn about a new line, though it's troubling to hear about the website. I've heard about RCI's IT issues and that already makes me cautious about thinking of booking with them in the future (but I'm probably getting a little ahead of myself as I haven't even gone on my first cruise yet xD).

Also loving your pictures as always! I recently got a new camera for my upcoming trip (as my previous one is at least a decade old...) and seeing those illustration mode pictures from your Breeze review really pushed me towards a Sony, haha. I almost live in that mode now, haha, it's really beautiful.

Can't wait to read more!

Hi Gambee.....

I'm thoroughly enjoying your review. Your pictures are so much better this time. I am really blown away by the sunset pictures you posted. The colors were amazing. What a beautiful sunset. I can't wait to read more, and check out more pictures.

As you said, the review is somewhat negative, but you simply raise good points. MSC should have invested in better marketing. The price is right as you said. The food not being so good is another biggie for me. I hope it gets better as you go on. The service seems good so far.

My wife loved the Swarovski Crystal staircases. I show her pictures as I go through them. I'm sure pictures don't even do them justice. I'm glad you got to go with your family, and seem to be having a great time. Sorry you busted the lens filter, but glad it wasn't the actual glass. Once again, I see you are spilling drinks. :D

Hello there, glad you like the pictures. I am very happy with my new setup, the size is perfect and the results are very impressive. Good to know that the is not being perceived as negative. I am just trying to state a few points that MSC should be addressing.

Thank you for commenting, it's always a pleasure to have you aboard.