Regal Princess Marina Deck (or any Ship/deck just below Lido)

Compumom

Hi all, we are booked on the Regal in January and so excited for our first sailing on Princess! Any information WRT noise on the Marina deck? We've always stayed much lower on all other trips we've taken, sandwiched between floors with cabins, and honestly have never taken notice of the deck just below Lido.

Hi all, we are booked on the Regal in January and so excited for our first sailing on Princess! Any information WRT noise on the Marina deck? We've always stayed much lower on all other trips we've taken, sandwiched between floors with cabins, and honestly have never taken notice of the deck just below Lido.

There have been posts (Pam) about noise from above (HC).

If you are concerned about noise, you want to continue to book on a deck with cabins above and below you.

If you are concerned about noise, you want to continue to book on a deck with cabins above and below you.

We are the beneficiaries of a most generous gift :D (I am still speechless!!!!), and did not book the cabin. In addition, we are part of a good sized group and everyone is situated in the same area. I'm asking so I get an idea of what to expect and how much slumber assistance I should bring ;)

There have been posts (Pam) about noise from above (HC).
Awful, awful, awful. I had M611 beneath the HC and the noise started every single day at 3:30am with bangs, crashes, slams and thuds loud enough to wake me up from a deep sleep. The worst was until 4:30am. From then on, I could hear the sound of the serving/clean-up carts rolling on the uncarpeted walkway. My sister was in M525, an inside, and also heard very loud noise, mostly from people walking and the sound of carts overhead. It was as though there was no insulation or sound-proofing. I would never, ever recommend a cabin that's not beneath other cabins. :(

We are the beneficiaries of a most generous gift :D (I am still speechless!!!!), and did not book the cabin. In addition, we are part of a good sized group and everyone is situated in the same area. I'm asking so I get an idea of what to expect and how much slumber assistance I should bring ;)

I always bring a supply of "sleep assistance" in the form of Wild Turkey 101 :D

Awful, awful, awful. I had M611 beneath the HC and the noise started every single day at 3:30am with bangs, crashes, slams and thuds loud enough to wake me up from a deep sleep. The worst was until 4:30am. From then on, I could hear the sound of the serving/clean-up carts rolling on the uncarpeted walkway. My sister was in M525, an inside, and also heard very loud noise, mostly from people walking and the sound of carts overhead. It was as though there was no insulation or sound-proofing. I would never, ever recommend a cabin that's not beneath other cabins. :(

I finally figured out what HC stands for! Our cabin is M312, which puts us forward more, under the pool area and towards the elevators. I think I'm going to mention what's above us and what goes on at night, just as an FYI. I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth and I don't want to offend anyone! But I am really nervous about this one, mainly because I have trouble sleeping to begin with. :(

I finally figured out what HC stands for! Our cabin is M312, which puts us forward more, under the pool area and towards the elevators. I think I'm going to mention what's above us and what goes on at night, just as an FYI. I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth and I don't want to offend anyone! But I am really nervous about this one, mainly because I have trouble sleeping to begin with. :(
That far forward, you should be OK. :)

We have stayed right below Horizon Food Court several times on the Ruby and Emerald had never had a problem with noise. We are staying in a similar location on the Regal in January and expect the same success.