Summit - pics wanted!

TifffanyD

I know next to nothing about Celebrity but booked a cruise on the Summit next year. It may become a back to back. I am looking for some good pics other than the standard pool deck shots I have found everywhere. Although I will take those too! Reviews with lots of pics are great as well. :)

TiffanyD -

Welcome to Celebrity if this is your first cruise with Celebrity. Based on 500+ posts here, I imagine you are not new to Cruise Critic or any of the many other sources of information you can find by doing simple searches. :rolleyes:

Here is a wonderful YouTube video from Celebrity on M Class ships, specifically featuring the Summit.

Also, here is a recent review thread that features pictures of both the ship and sights along the way to Bermuda.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2067725

Also, last but not least, you should really spend some time reviewing the FAQ on the Celebrity website. It really does do a wonderful job at answering all the basic questions you may have about what to know and expect when taking your first Celebrity cruise.

Enjoy!! :)

Edited by vulcan1971

Hello and thank you! You are correct on all accounts. I have not sailed Celebrity before but have been around cruise critic and other sites. I have searched and found some pics but not a ton (and I am never quite certain which are before or after the refurb).

I will definitely check out that review! I found another last week but it didn't have many pictures. And I look forward to watching the Youtube video later! :)

Hello and thank you! You are correct on all accounts. I have not sailed Celebrity before but have been around cruise critic and other sites. I have searched and found some pics but not a ton (and I am never quite certain which are before or after the refurb).

I will definitely check out that review! I found another last week but it didn't have many pictures. And I look forward to watching the Youtube video later! :)

I found the YouTube video quite informative and entertaining on a number of levels as it highlights the ship in its full glory and also points out what "sosticizing" means along with before / after shots of various areas that were updated.

The review is recent (as in this year). Any review that is dated 2013 or newer will be after the updates made to Summit.

Search for Havana Daydreamin (no g) from fall 2013 NE/Canada cruise. There are many photos of ships common areas, bar and dining venues, etc. Most are without passengers in them and the camera work very good. Pics of ship are not at the very beginning of his "live" review but more towards middle. Another from fall 2013 is the Preismans review to take a look at.

Dig around some and you will find probably all the info and pics that you want!

These 2 photo commentaries were used when we were contemplating New England and Canada and I have looked at all the Bermuda reviews this summer. Booked it and we leave in less than 2 weeks. Have fun planning!

I know next to nothing about Celebrity but booked a cruise on the Summit next year. It may become a back to back. I am looking for some good pics other than the standard pool deck shots I have found everywhere. Although I will take those too! Reviews with lots of pics are great as well. :)

Here are some of mine from last summer: https://www.flickr.com/gp/petesfamily/2y0ZyJ/

Definitely! And I appreciated that you didn't send me back to google :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually, the thought crossed my mind. ;)

Most people that post your kind of question are perfectly capable of finding the info on their own if they just actually try to look for it.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

Here is a great one to read, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1987902

Heather liked it so much she took her Mom a couple of months later!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2037736

So you have 2 with great pics to go thru.

Edited by wallie5446

Hi,

congrats at choosing my favourite ship!! :)

Size is neary perfect, food and service were great, and you get very much for your money!

I try to attach some pictures.

My favourite spots:

-Oceanview Bar (aft area of Oceanview Buffet) --> nice terrace with great views

-Observation Lounge at the bow

-Grand Foyer (atrium)

2014-04-06%2B07-59-29.JPG

DSCI6236.JPG

DSCI6836.JPG

DSCI6241.jpg.fca33c69c84482637c75802cb62f30e3.jpg