Breezing in the Fall - October 18, 2015 Western Caribbean

Winterstale

Hi Brad Welcome !! To my knowledge no this is not Fall break. We'll have our children with us but they miss a few days of school. I have a couple friends who couldn't do this week because their kids wasn't on Fall break so you're good. We just like to sail in October because the price drops, it's still beautiful weather but not summer heat. We also have a anniversary and a birthday in that month so it just works out for us.

Feel free to ask questions, I will help if I can :) This will be our 5 th cruise all with Carnival. Traveling with my family the hubby Tony is 43, I'm 40 you wouldn't know it though we act 20 something when on vacation lol Our sons will be 19, 17 and daughter will be 11 at sailing.

Edited by daydreamer35

We haven't booked yet. We are trying to decide between Breeze and the Norwegian Getaway for the same week. The big difference is the cost, around $800 between the 2 cruises in booking balcony rooms.

Anyway have any input? carnivals reputation for quality sometimes is less than the other lines when it comes to food and such, while they tend to have larger cabins and a funner atmosphere? is this true?

Brad,

We are Platinum on both Carnival and NCL. We have found, especially on the longer cruises (not 3 day cruises), that Carnival's food is just as good as NCL and the nightly entertainment is better. The Getaway is NCLs newest ship which we have not been on but it appears wonderful. We have been on the Breeze and love the ship and thats why we chose it again. Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will have a blast!!!

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can only speak of Carnival since we've never sailed with anyone else BUT I have some cruise friends that sail Norwegian a good bit and they love it too !! I have sent off for their brochures and WOW they have some really nice ships... as a matter of fact my husband and I are really thinking about cruising Norwegian in May or June of 2016 to Alaska heard they are the BEST for their tours. We've been on 4 cruises and all have been great with CC. You're going to find a bad review here and there but just dig in and keep a open mind. I believe Tom is right on the 4 plus day sails food is much better on longer sails, however there is other places you can eat and pay a little more and it's EXCELLENT.... worth the extra IMO. Service is always great, ships are clean, I feel safe, entertainment just depends on which ship you're on.... over all it's good for the price. I have NO doubt the BREEZE will far exceeds all our expectations geesh I'm so excited just talking about it !! Lol Which ever one you decide on it will be wonderful I'm sure :D

I can only speak of Carnival since we've never sailed with anyone else BUT I have some cruise friends that sail Norwegian a good bit and they love it too !! I have sent off for their brochures and WOW they have some really nice ships... as a matter of fact my husband and I are really thinking about cruising Norwegian in May or June of 2016 to Alaska heard they are the BEST for their tours. We've been on 4 cruises and all have been great with CC. You're going to find a bad review here and there but just dig in and keep a open mind. I believe Tom is right on the 4 plus day sails food is much better on longer sails, however there is other places you can eat and pay a little more and it's EXCELLENT.... worth the extra IMO. Service is always great, ships are clean, I feel safe, entertainment just depends on which ship you're on.... over all it's good for the price. I have NO doubt the BREEZE will far exceeds all our expectations geesh I'm so excited just talking about it !! Lol Which ever one you decide on it will be wonderful I'm sure :D

Speaking of NCL, we fly out tomorrow morning for our NCL Pearl Cruise leaving Jan 2. Can't wait!! Talk to you all soon!

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

HELLO.... IS THIS THING ON ??!! :p I sure hope this Roll Call picks up cause I'm ready to pack Lol Do you think it's to soon ?? :D Ohh YES, I'm serious.

Holidays are all over with and Florida has had a cold front move in for the last 3 days, nothing like up north though obviously. Just praying you all are safe and warm. If it helps there was snow flurries reported in Jacksonville the other day :eek: BUT after tomorrow temps should be back to normal here in Daytona Beach. 70 plus

Getting ready to dig in to find some things to do in Grand Cayman Island.... haven't did any research in awhile. One of my besties left on a short cruise today to the Bahamas 3 dayer. She's going Royal can't wait to hear back on her report. Been wondering how Royal vs Carnival measure up. I Almost went with her but things didn't work out so guess I have to wait til October. Booooo :rolleyes:

Well, just sayin HI I'm off to see what I can find. Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend !!

Sheryl :)

Happy Monday everyone!

I'm sure our roll call will start to pick up the closer we get.

I am so excited to sail the Breeze!! We really liked our sailing on the Dream, but we missed the Red Frog Pub - glad this ship has it! Also can't wait to try Guy's Burgers :cool:

Hello everyone! My wife and I booked this cruise yesterday. My sister and my niece along with my aunt and her neighbor will also be cruising with us. Can't wait to get back on the ocean! I'm missing the sound of waves and the feel of sand between my toes! Look forward to getting to know you all as we wait to board. Now... guess I have 4 pages to read, lol. Hope you all have a great day!

Bobby & Sheila

Hi everyone! We are booking this cruise tomorrow. It'll be me, my hubby and possibly a few of our friends we met on the Ecstasy back in 2012. This will only be our second cruise, but I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate my 30th than on a boat in the Caribbean!!

I know its a bit early, but are there any plans for a Meet and Greet going yet?

Hey! glad to see we're getting some activity as we near the "one year to go!" mark - LOL.

We're looking forward to seeing GC and Jamaica for the first time -- we've also been to Coz a few times now but we will still go ashore and head over to Money Bar Beach on our own for a little something to eat and some snorkeling.

We are Bridget (me) and Brian (DH) from Burbank - in our 50's but more like our 20's :D

Cozumel is the reason we chose this one. We (Marcus & Teresa), also 50's Love Cozumel so much we've been there 7 times already.

We are booking today! Yay. I am so excited. My husband and I will be cruising along with friends we met on The Ecstasy back in 2012. Hopefully, our time will fly by and we will be on this ship in no time. :)

Hey guys !!! :)

We just purchased our Faster to the Fun today as well. We've used it twice and now we won't sail without it till we're platinum. Only 30 more days of cruising.

Congrats on the FTTF. We got it a couple of times until we became Platinum. It was really nice going right to your room and having the luggage delivered so quickly!!

Tom

Congrats on the FTTF. We got it a couple of times until we became Platinum. It was really nice going right to your room and having the luggage delivered so quickly!!

Tom

We started getting it at first due to my wife's limited mobility due to an accident. she has to use a cane and it's really nice being able for her to go straight to the room's balcony to rest.