Breezing in the Fall - October 18, 2015 Western Caribbean

Winterstale

My wife and I (both 30) will be on board! We wanted to take her family on a relaxing vacation and this ship should be it! Everyone is getting pretty excited.

There will be 10 of us (ages ranging from 22 to 60's) and many are first time cruisers. My wife and I have both been to Cozumel a few times and have stayed at all inclusives near Cozumel a few times. We're looking forward to picking out a few great excursions.

Can wait to get on board and grab a drink!

See you all at sea (=

-Jenny

My wife and I (both 30) will be on board! We wanted to take her family on a relaxing vacation and this ship should be it! Everyone is getting pretty excited.

There will be 10 of us (ages ranging from 22 to 60's) and many are first time cruisers. My wife and I have both been to Cozumel a few times and have stayed at all inclusives near Cozumel a few times. We're looking forward to picking out a few great excursions.

Can wait to get on board and grab a drink!

See you all at sea (=

-Jenny

Welcome to the roll call and Cruise Critic. You will find just about anything you want to know about cruising on these forums.

Tom

Hi everyone

My name is Eric. I just booked this cruise yesterday. Traveling with my sister, Minnie. I was actually planning this trip solo. But my sis volunteered to go with me.

We're fresh off a cruise that we took on the Valor, out of Puerto Rico. Absolutely loved the ports on that cruise!

So we're looking forward to this trip.

Hello all. Been away awhile. Shoveling snow but who hasn't in the eastern US? Anyway, Does anyone have any exerience with the Hyatt next to the port or the Best Western by the airport? We are looking to drive down from East TN the day before and we want to stay close to the port. Also, does anyone have info on whether or not Miami Port has valet parking if so how much. I know its a lot but thanks for the help.

Hi everyone,

We are Evan and Terry from just east of Cleveland. We booked this cruise last week. We will be traveling with our grown sons and really looking forward to some rest and relaxation. Looking forward to meeting all of you!!

Well...the bad news is that we are no longer on this sailing...the GOOD news is....we are sailing in a Havana Interior cabin on the Carnival Vista 11-day "Journey" from New York to the Caribbean to Miami. We have 623 long days to wait...but it will be worth it, I think! :D

Have a fantastic cruise everyone!!!!

Yup...it's a little early, but I'm starting a roll call for anyone on this sailing!

We were booked on the Splendor for January 25 and had to change due to work issues interfering....since we had already sailed the Splendor twice, we were kind of happy to move over to the Breeze for this sailing!!

Got ourselves a Spa Oceanview cabin and we are excited....even this far out.

The wife, son, daughter in law, granddaughter and I will be on this sailing. We really don't care for Carnival that much, we prefer Royal Caribbean more, but they have gotten way overpriced, and my granddaughter is looking forward to the water slides on the Breeze. Does any one know of any ups or downs on this ship? The last Carnival ship we were on ( DREAM ) the crew was terrible, they never cleaned the plates off the table in the Lido. Hope to meet some new friends, we are from upstate New York.

We just booked this cruise. Looking into hotels for the night before, any suggestions?

We booked on Hotwire. We are traveling with our sons. We wanted a hotel with breakfast and free wi-fi. They have a $10 shuttle to the port. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express. I know it's not a 5 star hotel, but we get in late at night and will leave for the port in the morning, so it didn't make sense to spend a lot on the hotel.

We've had a change in travel plans for this fall, so we're canceling this cruise in favor of booking an 11-day Panama Canal cruise on Oct 18th. We'll still be on the Oct 10th sailing on the Breeze though.

Have a great cruise everyone!!

Celine (& John)

We've had a change in travel plans for this fall, so we're canceling this cruise in favor of booking an 11-day Panama Canal cruise on Oct 18th. We'll still be on the Oct 10th sailing on the Breeze though.

Celine (& John)

Sorry you won't be joining us!

You're talking about the Norwegian cruise with 6 ports of call, right?

That cruise was actually my first choice. But later on was adjusted, so I could visit and spend more time with relatives. That itinerary looks amazing! I've been cruising since 2006. (sometimes 2 or 3 cruises a year) Been to almost every port in the caribbean. Some ports repeatedly. But that cruise has 5 ports that I've never been to before. I went to Costa Maya once. Which is why I had that as my first choice.

It's a great choice. I hope you have a wonderful time.

Celine (& John)

We decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. We are flying into Fort Lauderdale and we can use SAS to get to the hotel. Also, we will be here around 2 so we will have options of what to do in the afternoon. I may change if the Intercontinental rates go down.

Hi..we will be joining you all on this cruise too! There are 6 of us total. My name is Brenda my DH Rich and our friends Keith, Karen, Tricia, & Doug. Myself & Rich have been to these ports multiple times but this will be the firdt time on the Breeze. I hear very good things about her so I'm very excited. Our group are all early 40's and love to have a good time. Looking forward to getting to know everyone over the coming months.

Brenda

We have been to Cozumel about 4 times, we love it. The best port in the western Caribbean is Costa Maya, but we can't seem to find a Cruise that goes there for more than 6 Hours. This is the 2nd. Carnival cruise we have been on, the other was the Dream. There will be 5 of us, my son, daughter in law, grand daughter, and wife. Hope to meet up with some new people. See you in October.

You're talking about the Norwegian cruise with 6 ports of call, right?

That cruise was actually my first choice. But later on was adjusted, so I could visit and spend more time with relatives. That itinerary looks amazing! I've been cruising since 2006. (sometimes 2 or 3 cruises a year) Been to almost every port in the caribbean. Some ports repeatedly. But that cruise has 5 ports that I've never been to before. I went to Costa Maya once. Which is why I had that as my first choice.

It's a great choice. I hope you have a wonderful time.

Yup... that's the one :) Too good to pass up :)

My wife Cindy and I (Chris) will be on this cruise! Looking forward to a relaxing cruise after 8 days in Disneyland/Universal. We honeymooned in Jamacia and can't wait to be back, even if only for a day.

Welcome to the Roll call and Cruise Critic. Any suggestions for Jamaica? We will have people from 3 to 55... :):)

Dunns River Falls was incredible, but we heard it is really busy on days when the cruise ships are in town. Either way, if you've never been, I can't imagine missing it. We also did a river tubing trip that was so much fun! We did a trip to Mystic Mountain (where they have the bobsled ride) and I would not recommend it at all.

Dunns River Falls was incredible, but we heard it is really busy on days when the cruise ships are in town. Either way, if you've never been, I can't imagine missing it. We also did a river tubing trip that was so much fun! We did a trip to Mystic Mountain (where they have the bobsled ride) and I would not recommend it at all.

We did Dunn's River Falls when we were there last. Its great but they will not allow small children to do the climb. Also it's pretty exhilarating . Wear hard soled shoes when you climb it, as my wife wore a cast on her foot for 3 months after we got home due to a sharp rock she stepped on tearing a tendon in her foot. The water moves very fast but it really is an awesome feeling when you finally get to the top and see what you've done.

Unrelated: Does anyone know if we have only 1 or is it 2 elegant nights. It would be unheard of for my wife to have to wear the same thing twice. lol ;)