Next dining that was anounced today... Date???

radzer0

I see tons about it even the live feed but nobody says a word about when its coming other than the french restaurant isnt getting a new menu untill 2015.

Does anybody have a date when the new menus go into effect?

They are on most ships right now.

I didn't notice any mention of the menu for Le Bistro changing. Where was that?

It was in one of Frank's comments to someone earlier on. He said Le Bistro and La Cucina are up for 2015.

And I think the lack of dates was because it's a rolling thing, since there is some dry-docking involved and whatnot. Hard to give exact dates on that kind of thing.

It was in one of Frank's comments to someone earlier on. He said Le Bistro and La Cucina are up for 2015.

And I think the lack of dates was because it's a rolling thing, since there is some dry-docking involved and whatnot. Hard to give exact dates on that kind of thing.

Thanks, I'll have a look for that.

The need for a dry dock mainly relates to the Moderno / o'Sheehans changes. The menus themselves have been being introduced over the last few months. From memory, only the Jade, Pride of America and one other ship don't currently have them.

Thanks, I'll have a look for that.

The need for a dry dock mainly relates to the Moderno / o'Sheehans changes. The menus themselves have been being introduced over the last few months. From memory, only the Jade, Pride of America and one other ship don't currently have them.

Adding those is part of it all, though, from how I see it. It's all about updating and making over the dining. I've never cruised before, so I won't have anything to compare to when I go next month, but I'm hoping my fears about my over-sensitive stomach will not even be a thing. I don't want to spend the week choosing between starving myself or evaluating the qualities the porcelain throne possesses. I feel like both options would undermine my plans to photograph as much of Bermuda as possible.

Anyway, they are still rolling out menu changes over time. MDRs, specialty, whatever. It takes time redevelop a menu to the match the quality they want. With each new item comes training, acquiring the necessary amounts of ingredients, etc.

Adding those is part of it all, though, from how I see it. It's all about updating and making over the dining. I've never cruised before, so I won't have anything to compare to when I go next month, but I'm hoping my fears about my over-sensitive stomach will not even be a thing. I don't want to spend the week choosing between starving myself or evaluating the qualities the porcelain throne possesses. I feel like both options would undermine my plans to photograph as much of Bermuda as possible.

Anyway, they are still rolling out menu changes over time. MDRs, specialty, whatever. It takes time redevelop a menu to the match the quality they want. With each new item comes training, acquiring the necessary amounts of ingredients, etc.

I'm sure you'll be able to find plenty. There are so many options that you should be able to find somewhere that you like.

The introduction of Norwegian NEXT has been a bit confusing. It is really just an amalgamation of many different things which have been being rolled out over the course of this year. They announced the introduction of o'Sheehans to more ships back in January and at that time they introduced some new menus to the Breakaway and Getaway (which was just launched). After trying those out for a few months they started rolling them out across the fleet. When I was on the Epic in May we had the new menus and o'Sheehans had its themed nights (Prime Rib etc).

They also started offering reservations to the MDR on some ships as a trial and then rolled that out fleet wide during the summer.

The press release about Norwegian NEXT was made at about the time that everything was pretty well in place across the fleet. As I said, just three ships don't now have the new menus and obviously the movement of venues is dependent on dry docks. Other than that, it is all pretty well done now and on some ships has been done for a few months.

I'm sure you'll be able to find plenty. There are so many options that you should be able to find somewhere that you like.

The introduction of Norwegian NEXT has been a bit confusing. It is really just an amalgamation of many different things which have been being rolled out over the course of this year. They announced the introduction of o'Sheehans to more ships back in January and at that time they introduced some new menus to the Breakaway and Getaway (which was just launched). After trying those out for a few months they started rolling them out across the fleet. When I was on the Epic in May we had the new menus and o'Sheehans had its themed nights (Prime Rib etc).

They also started offering reservations to the MDR on some ships as a trial and then rolled that out fleet wide during the summer.

The press release about Norwegian NEXT was made at about the time that everything was pretty well in place across the fleet. As I said, just three ships don't now have the new menus and obviously the movement of venues is dependent on dry docks. Other than that, it is all pretty well done now and on some ships has been done for a few months.

Haha, I'm not worried about finding food I'll like. I'm not someone who would ordinarily be classed as picky and I'll try almost anything at least once. My stomach is far pickier, sadly, and has been known to reject fresh vegetables grown by local, organic farmers. "Spinach, carrots, and tomatos? You're funny if you think I'll let you get anything from that!"

It really is pretty huge, though. Lots of changes to make and they're moving fairly quickly through them, considering what it entails on some ships and the fact that people want to sail on those ships and all that. Exciting stuff, though! I love food!

Divineeternity....most of the food is bland...even a dish that might be spicy is not...just a hint of most spices...you could have crohnes(?) ..and still find plenty to eat...the fancy descriptions have little to do with what shows up on the plate....the food is not poor quality just bland....

Divineeternity....most of the food is bland...even a dish that might be spicy is not...just a hint of most spices...you could have crohnes(?) ..and still find plenty to eat...the fancy descriptions have little to do with what shows up on the plate....the food is not poor quality just bland....

I wish it was that simple... anyway, don't want to derail the thread. I'm very good at doing that. Here's to hoping for the best for my stomach, and my boyfriend's, for that matter. He has the same problem. Dinner is a BLAST in our apartment.

I actually eat lots of spicy food with no problems, and sometimes the blandest foods ever leave my stomach going nuts.

I'm going to go over the menus from the chat today to get an idea of what I'm facing so I can hopefully make good choices next month.

I always get a chuckle over the threads about menu, menu changes, what will be on the menu, etc.

Does anyone really have a clue what they are going to feel like a month for now? Heck, we went to dinner tonight and nobody knew what they felt like ordering.

We just show up on the ship and figure out the menus and pick somewhere to eat.

I always get a chuckle over the threads about menu, menu changes, what will be on the menu, etc.

Does anyone really have a clue what they are going to feel like a month for now? Heck, we went to dinner tonight and nobody knew what they felt like ordering.

I agree, but for some reason we cruisers find it necessary to try to plan everything at least 45 days in advance! :D

I don't think it's about making plans for what you are going to be doing, but just getting to know what is likely to be offered.

Personally, I like to have had a look at previous freestyle dailies and have seen some sample menus. We know it isn't going to be exactly the same on our cruises, but at least it gives us an idea what to look out for.

In previous cruises I have missed something when looking through the dailies (I never seem to get chance to do more than glance at them when onboard) which I would have enjoyed and had I known of beforehand I would have looked for. We have also made dinner plans during the day, only to realise later that there was something on the menu at the MDR which I would have liked to have had. Knowing the menus a bit better helps avoid that sort of thing.

It's about being prepared, not about committing to anything. In fact, having more idea about what is being offered makes it easier not to have to commit to things.

The hygiene standards on these ships is second to none as far as the food is concerned. They cannot afford to have people falling ill at sea I guess so everything is spotless and hand sanitising is compulsory at the entrance to all of the restaurants and buffets and all over the ship in public areas for that matter. Hopefully you'll be OK.

The hygiene standards on these ships is second to none as far as the food is concerned. They cannot afford to have people falling ill at sea I guess so everything is spotless and hand sanitising is compulsory at the entrance to all of the restaurants and buffets and all over the ship in public areas for that matter. Hopefully you'll be OK.

Good to know. That'll help my boyfriend more than me, since his issues follow two patterns, mostly. Spices and sanitation/hygiene are where problems stem for him. I, meanwhile, can eat Indian food more comfortably than a salad I prepared at home sometimes.

My only known, 100% sure thing is farm-raised fish, which have dye and stuff injected in. Last time I had farm-raised fish I was seconds away from an ER visit. One more bite probably would have pushed me over. I now have to be very careful about fish as a result and am weary of trying any on-board. I tried to ask about the fish in the chat, but my question didn't make it through.

I don't think it's about making plans for what you are going to be doing, but just getting to know what is likely to be offered.

Personally, I like to have had a look at previous freestyle dailies and have seen some sample menus. We know it isn't going to be exactly the same on our cruises, but at least it gives us an idea what to look out for.

In previous cruises I have missed something when looking through the dailies (I never seem to get chance to do more than glance at them when onboard) which I would have enjoyed and had I known of beforehand I would have looked for. We have also made dinner plans during the day, only to realise later that there was something on the menu at the MDR which I would have liked to have had. Knowing the menus a bit better helps avoid that sort of thing.

It's about being prepared, not about committing to anything. In fact, having more idea about what is being offered makes it easier not to have to commit to things.

Absolutely exactly 100% that what you said. :D

Exactly. If you can't find something to eat, there is a problem.

Some of us just enjoy reading what all the yummy dishes are being served on board and adding to the anticipation of the cruise. I like to read cookbooks too. It's just a "foodie" thing, I guess.

I really don't try to plan anything in advance as far as dining is concerned. Who knows what I'll feel like doing until the time comes. But I do know that there will be some awfully good sounding meals to choose from and that it will probably be hard to choose between them.

Good to know. That'll help my boyfriend more than me, since his issues follow two patterns, mostly. Spices and sanitation/hygiene are where problems stem for him. I, meanwhile, can eat Indian food more comfortably than a salad I prepared at home sometimes.

My only known, 100% sure thing is farm-raised fish, which have dye and stuff injected in. Last time I had farm-raised fish I was seconds away from an ER visit. One more bite probably would have pushed me over. I now have to be very careful about fish as a result and am weary of trying any on-board. I tried to ask about the fish in the chat, but my question didn't make it through.

Maybe you don't have stomach issues, maybe it's allergies. You had best be very careful! :eek:

Why do you wait until the last minute? :eek:

Some might consider it last minute.

But, I look at it this way. For example, if I know I am going out to dinner next week with my honey, I make sure I am not doing something else. I put ZERO thought into what I will order until maybe that day. When I sit down at the restaurant, I look over the menu and pick something.

And, more often than not, my first choice is not my final choice. Is that "last minute planning?"