Price Drop - Moving to online only

jmak315

You know, there are actually some people who do not do the computer. What are those folks to do?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

1)Start using a computer - at home or in the library. 2)Ask a friend with computer literacy and accuracy to help. 3)Not get price reductions and pay the price you reserved the trip at initially.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You know, there are actually some people who do not do the computer. What are those folks to do?

If they are not 'doing the computer' . . . it seems (at least to me) there would be minimal chance they'd even know of a later price reduction in the first place.

I have mixed feelings about this potential change. I have submitted a completed form and been denied and called and got an approved OBC and other times I've just called. However I have no problem with their new suggestion or policy to submit the form first. If i'm denied and I have proof (that I always have) that the credit is warranted I will call. No company can stop you from calling there C/S line if you have an issue. I've been a customer service rep, customer service manager, and customer service trainer in the past so this change doesn't alter the fact that if a customer has an issue, someone in that customer service call center is going to hear about it.

I know this is going to sound snarky, but it isn't meant to be. If they don't know how to use a computer to file the form, how are they checking for price drops? Is there a way to do that without the website?

I called for 4 price drops this week and just stayed on the line ignoring the prompt. My latest history is that they are going to deny my request and I am going to have to call anyway. The CSRs that I have spoken to have been more than happy to accommodate.

Edited by Thestapels

Wonder if you can still call in and speak to someone when your ES form is denied? My most recent form about 2 weeks ago and one I submitted for my mother 2 days ago, was denied almost immediately. So I had to call and get them to change it and both times the rep agreed we were eligible for the price drop. Mine was a resident rate I was matching and my mother's cabin was to the sr rate.

In my experience they are ALWAYS denied first time around!:mad:

It's like trying to work with an insurance company -- their SOP is to always deny which puts the onus back on you to get it reversed.

I have always had to follow-up with one or more phone calls!:cool:

Originally Posted by Lovefuninthesun View Post

1)Start using a computer - at home or in the library. 2)Ask a friend with computer literacy and accuracy to help. 3)Not get price reductions and pay the price you reserved the trip at initially.

If you don't have a computer how would you know there was a price drop?

If they are not 'doing the computer' . . . it seems (at least to me) there would be minimal chance they'd even know of a later price reduction in the first place.

That's a good point -- I was just trying to be the devil's advocate!:D

I, however, love the computer and check Fare Viewer every day!

Where, EXACTLY, on the website do you check to see if there are price drops and then where, EXACTLY, is the form located?

Sorry to be so EXACT :o but I do better with step by step instructions. Only 17 more days and I'm starting to feel a little rushed.

Don't mess with doing a mock booking -- check in Fare Viewer:

• Carnival Website > Search Fare Viewer (I would then bookmark it for next time)
  • A program then opens up where you enter the specifics for your sailing, cabin type, fare category -- so you have to know these things ahead of time.
  • Copy screen and save in a document if a fare reduction is revealed.
  • Fillout the Early Saver form -- search to find, it is not right there of course -- that would be too easy! :rolleyes: Attach link to the site, screen print, etc. be complete and very specific when you fill out the form

I noticed last week with the Sail from Florida and Save rate that my price went down. I e-mailed my PVP (who has been great-already had one price drop that she handled) but she said I wasn't eligible for the drop. I really felt that I was eligible, she went to supervisor but no luck. Super crazy week, I just remembered by reading this thread that I needed to submit a price drop. So, I just submitted form 30 minutes ago for 2 cabins. Just received e-mail that it was approved and we have $272 in onboard credit! Woohoo!! Super easy. I used Carnival's fareviewer for the source. Kinda disappointed that PVP wasn't able to handle it but I think it was the supervisors call. But if its this easy, there's no need for my PVP to even be involved. This was much less time consuming than calling IMHO.

I recommend always, always, always making a screen shot of the price drop. I have had issues in the best with Carnival denying the form stating all the cabins in my category were gone. Not so. Easy to prove with the screen shot if you do get a denial in error.

I recommend always, always, always making a screen shot of the price drop. I have had issues in the best with Carnival denying the form stating all the cabins in my category were gone. Not so. Easy to prove with the screen shot if you do get a denial in error.

I always take screenshots, but had an issue a few weeks ago where they would not honor a price drop even with a screen shot. I was told the reason was that "screen shots can be doctored". I got this from the CSR and their supervisor. I called back a few hours later and it was fixed.

It sure seems like the exact same thing is happening to all of us. Very fast denials before they even have time to look at it. This stinks. Very poor customer service. They are trying to play both sides of the fence by using their price guarantee as a marketing tool to get you to book in advance, but then not honoring the price guarantee so in reality they've sucked you in at a higher price that will stand. Just what Carnival needs right now is more damage to their image and reputation.

The price guarantee is different - you have 48 hours to find a lower price. What this thread is about is booking Early Saver, which means you get price drops up until two days before the cruise.

In my experience they are ALWAYS denied first time around!:mad:

It's like trying to work with an insurance company -- their SOP is to always deny which puts the onus back on you to get it reversed.

I have always had to follow-up with one or more phone calls!:cool:

And in my experience, they have ALWAYS been approved first time around. :)

Submitted one this morning for our 4/19/15 cruise on Dream. Put "Fare Viewer" in the field that asks where you saw the rate. Did not link to website or a screen shot. Change was approved in mere minutes, bam, 20 dollars off remaining balance! Couldn't be easier.

Crap! My experience with submitting that stupid form has been frustrating at best! I have experienced denials with inaccuracies, and then have to appeal and call anyway. After 2 or 3 rounds of this game, it is finally accepted and OBC granted. :(

THere could be why the change. People filling out the form wrong then calling and the rep aproves the price drop just to end of the call. With a happy caller.