English premier league football

cdphil01

Yes you will.

Schedule here :

http://www.sport24-tv.com/Schedule

Where does the schedule say that the games are on NCL ships? Last time I was on the Pearl, there was absolutely nothing regarding English football either recorded or otherwise. Trouble is the Premiership or Championship is all alien to the majority of the passengers

Where does the schedule say that the games are on NCL ships? Last time I was on the Pearl, there was absolutely nothing regarding English football either recorded or otherwise. Trouble is the Premiership or Championship is all alien to the majority of the passengers

The Jade is in Europe, so it makes sense for them to offer English football matches, especially since a percentage of passengers are from Europe.

Here in the States (which is where the Pearl sails), everyone wants to watch American football or Nascar Racing (yawn).

At least we have a NBC Sports channel broadcasting Premier League games here on local cable and Direct TV.

Edited by CTCruisers

I have rarely seen any football on an NCL ship. On the Spirit, I remember one evening on the Spirit they showed a European game at Henry's Pub, and occasionally I see what looks like highlights (I hate football so don't take much notice). The most common sport to be shown seems to be Tennis.

You may get to see some, but don't count on there being much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by KeithJenner

On the ships sailing in Europe they take Sky Sports. Jeff Stelling was doing his thing on the Saturday afternoon and kept me in touch with what was happening to my team. This was on the Spirit but should be true for the Jade too.

I did find I had to persuade the barman to change the channel for me and I got to watch Sky Sports News on both Saturday and Easter Monday at a bar. Sky Sports News was available on the TV in our room too. I didn't watch any live games as at that time my team were in Div 1 so the best I could get was updates. They did show the European Cup Semi Final Live and it was very popular as there were a lot of Germans and Spanish on that particular sailing. We watched a few minutes on our way to dinner but didn't really linger.

I am on the jade last 2 weeks of September...will I see any English football shown live onboard....???

I just got off in Barcelona. There were some matches screened, but it was a mess.

They're not allowed to show Manchester United fixtures anymore, as it violates the European Court of Human Rights rulings on torture. The passengers were almost all English, so there might not have been any MU fans aboard regardless.

The Newcastle matches were on, but only in French.

Liverpool supporters refused to watch the new flatscreens, demanding justice for the old cathode-ray televisions.

Chelsea supporters didn't mind that there were no lobster tails, but were bitterly disappointed at the lack of prawn sandwiches.

Luis Suarez was actually aboard, disembarking in Barcelona disappointed, claiming the "all-you-can-eat" component of the Freestyle Dining was false advertising. Good bloke, but we had to spend the night in town drinking out of bottles--all the cups are in Madrid.

I'll get my coat.

Edited by Shawnino

I just got off in Barcelona. There were some matches screened, but it was a mess.

They're not allowed to show Manchester United fixtures anymore, as it violates the European Court of Human Rights rulings on torture. The passengers were almost all English, so there might not have been any MU fans aboard regardless.

Liverpool supporters refused to watch the new flatscreens, demanding justice for the old cathode-ray televisions.

Chelsea supporters didn't mind that there were no lobster tails, but were bitterly disappointed at the lack of prawn sandwiches.

Luis Suarez was actually aboard, disembarking in Barcelona disappointed, claiming the "all-you-can-eat" component of the Freestyle Dining was false advertising. Good bloke, but we had to spend the night in town drinking out of bottles--all the cups are in Madrid.

I'll get my coat.

Too funny. Thanks!!!

I'll get my coat.

I even find this funny and yes I am a united fan....hahahah

We were on the Epic in May and the Spirit in November last year and there was loads of premiership matches on - basically every game - on Sports 24. This can be watched in your room or in the pub (not always in the pub on the Spirit though). They do show lots of repeats but my football loving husband was over the moon with all the live matches. There was also sky sports news in your room.

We found the Sport 24 schedule very useful and accurate - we had to write it down before we went so we could plan our holiday around it!

We were on the Epic in May and the Spirit in November last year and there was loads of premiership matches on - basically every game - on Sports 24. This can be watched in your room or in the pub (not always in the pub on the Spirit though). They do show lots of repeats but my football loving husband was over the moon with all the live matches. There was also sky sports news in your room.

We found the Sport 24 schedule very useful and accurate - we had to write it down before we went so we could plan our holiday around it!

Thank you for this info

I'll get my coat.

Now we need a poll to see who actually "got" this post. I found it very funny myself. :D