red sox on caribbean princess

mick1234

does anyone know if they show the red sox games on the caribbean princess? if so, where? thanks

Nope - but you may get a Tigres de Mexico game.

Except for Sunday/Monday night football, the satellite feed is all Central/South American. Hope you like soccer.:)

Actually they do show them..but, unfortunately, the times they are on the TV, that is when all REd SOX fans are required to row so the Captain can go water skiing.

Take a cruise during the World Series, it will be another 80+ years before you ahve to worry about missing a game at taht time of year

Very funny, Jim........ The Caribbean Princess will show the playoff and World Series games, so of course anyone sailing will see the Red Sox at those times. But, unfortunately, there is no access to any of the regular season games.

I really wouldn't count on any of the baseball playoff games, unless ESPN carries them (not likely, unless its the 1st round). Last year, I was on the REGAL PRINCESS, Canada/New England cruise, during the World Series. We were in Boston, and didn't get any of those games!

Drop me an e-mail re: Golden last April (saw one of your other postings). We are doing that cruise next April. Second time on the Golden (have also sailed the Star and Grand) and we've done the Southern route a couple of times too but I'm wondering if there are any new things about the Golden we should know (new excursions, etc.). Thanks!

Your neighbor in West Falmouth,

Gene

Night_Fisher51 <at> yahoo <dot> com

Remember the guy who caused the firestorm early summer (late srping?) who said that his honeymoon would be ruined if he could not watch sports while on board ship??? :eek:

I, for one, am glad to leave sports and TV behind when we get on ship. We may get some reception sailing up the Pacific Coast to Alaska but thereafter, coverage will be in Russian, Korean, and Japanese. :confused:

hmmm, only in about 26 Octobers. Seriously, being a born and raised Californian, I sure enjoy watching both the Red Sox and the Yankees...even better if they're playing each other. California baseball is a bit boring right now...well, the Angels are doing well and also the A's (but we don't root for No.Cal teams down here).

Just got off the ship, and none of the games were on. It was fortunate for Yankees fans, because the lead went from 2 1/2 to 5 while we were gone.

Wear your shirt proudly on board. Mine said: "I support two teams..the Red Sox, and any team that beats the Yankees"

It may be 26 series to one, but what a one!

hmmm, only in about 26 Octobers. Seriously, being a born and raised Californian, I sure enjoy watching both the Red Sox and the Yankees...even better if they're playing each other. California baseball is a bit boring right now...well, the Angels are doing well and also the A's (but we don't root for No.Cal teams down here).

And we don't root for SoCal team up here either. :D

Hey I freely admit it, I bleed Green and Gold, but I'm glad they don't show the games while we're aboard the ship. I'll follow the scores as best I can, but I'm on vacation after all. I'd rather do "vacation-y" things while I'm gone, not glue myself in front of the screen (because I would).

On our most recent cruises the only sports channel in our cabin was ESPN International and we saw plenty of Spanish and Champions League soccer, but no baseball.

I have to agree. As much of a baseball fan as I am, I would rather do something fun... actually playing a game, or going on vacation is a heck of a lot more fun than watching a game on T.V. Even a world series game can't hold a candle to a great cruise.

OK, I've got state for the record...GO YANKEES!

Now that that is out of my system ... Oct 2003 we were on the Golden (NE itinerary) and were able to watch the playoffs games. Oct 2004 we were on the Caribbean Princess (Eastern itinerary) and Red Sox fans could watch the games (Yankee fans were drinking and wishing the year away).

The way that I see it, Mr. Steinbrenner could have paid for the Caribbean Princess with about 2+ years for Yankees team payroll. It probably would have been a better return on his investment for the past few years!

Just having a little fun, because the Red Sox aren't too far behind. With 2+ years for their team payrolls, they could probably buy a Carnival ship!

Before last year, I took these comments much too seriously. Too all, enjoy your cruises and root for your favorite teams (Yanks fans, please do it quietly!)

Just got off the ship, and none of the games were on. It was fortunate for Yankees fans, because the lead went from 2 1/2 to 5 while we were gone.

Wear your shirt proudly on board. Mine said: "I support two teams..the Red Sox, and any team that beats the Yankees"

It may be 26 series to one, but what a one!

you were just on this ship? do you know if they had a sports bar that at least shows the baseball highlites? last year on royal caribbean there was a sports bar with several tvs that showed recaps all day. we're all bringing our sox shirts. last year our cruise left from ny and we forgot our sox stuff. we were surrounded by yankees fans and they kept shouting "no more nomar". my kids were going nuts!

Just got off CB last week. I couldn't find any sports bars, and I thought that I hit them all (at least my liquor bill seems to substantiate that!) Almost all of the sports comes from an ESPN channel. I don't recall if they even had the Sports Center show on, but I didn't spend a lot of time watching TV. Be sure to wear your Sox duds proudly!

Archived