Back-up plan due to injured foot?

The Mister

Our family (husband, wife, DS9 and DD4) is *planning* to go cave tubing and ziplining with .bz. However, a few weeks ago, my left foot gave out, and I'm currently wearing an orthopedic boot. They're saying up to 16 weeks to recover. (3 weeks so far, with little improvement.) No broken bones, just other tissue damage due to 40 years of bad posture.

Of course, the cave-tubing includes a hike to the main cave entrance - a hike that I might not be able to do.

(1) What options do CC-ers here suggest as a back-up plan?

We are already doing a beach resort in Coz and another in Honduras. Given the prices of beach day-retreat excursions in Belize in particular(particularly when booked via the cruise line), we are reluctant to do yet another one. If there are less expensive beach retreat options in Belize, that may be OK. Otherwise, we're hoping for something else.

(2) Does anyone have experience with .bz's (or other private cave-tubing operators') accomodations for someone with reduced mobility? If it can be managed, I don't want to take away the opportunity to explore the ecosystem, as my DS9 loves the life sciences and is looking forward to the hike at least as much as the tubing and zip-lines.

Thanks. :)

If you are not invalid and are able to walk some what, you can bring a collapsible walking stick to assist you. But I would think your biggest concern would be getting the boot/foot coverings wet. You can stay in the park area where everyone parks and gets ready. There's a little shop there and a restaurant.

Contact, .bz and see what they suggest. If you have no problem waiting at the park, or even staying on the ship, then by all means at least have your family go ahead and enjoy the tubing.

Went with .bz in Feb 2014. One person in our group had mobility issues. They were fantastic with her. They actually pulled her from the end of the river to meet us at the beginning so she didn't have to walk. Then we floated down the route together. They were very understanding and accommodating. I'd recommend connecting with them and explaining the situation. I have no doubt they'd be great about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...