Box wine

jayseal01

I know that you can only bring one bottle of wine per person but has anybody had any luck getting on with box wine. Could we just take out bag and put in checked luggage. We will be leaving in 10 days, it's really sneaking up on us

No, you cannot carryon a box of wine. However, as other has posted you can try to sneak it on in your luggage. However, if it breaks open, I would think you may have quite a problem on your hand with your luggage, and potentially ruining others luggage as well.

Black box wine sells smaller boxes. I've packed 3 of the small boxes equivalent to the amount we can bring in my carryon the ship luggage. No problem. It also flew OK in our checked luggage on the plane. Of course I used a ziplock bag also.

And on the flip side - last girlfriends cruise 2 of us had box wine taken out of the box and put into our checked luggage and BOTH were confiscated. Plus we could not go and get them at the end of the cruise because they were considered opened.

And on the flip side - last girlfriends cruise 2 of us had box wine taken out of the box and put into our checked luggage and BOTH were confiscated. Plus we could not go and get them at the end of the cruise because they were considered opened.

The moral here is to never risk bringing any contraband you can't afford to replace or be unable to replace. Or regret having tried.:rolleyes: For every anecdote like Frank12's or KP's posts, there are many more like bwlr1985's, including those we don't see here because the cruisers don't post on CC. Wine, like water weighs a lot. 5 liters is about 13 pounds with packaging. 750 ml box is around 2 pounds. Best to pick up after flight than bring from home and take up room in suitcase. Extra weight baggage fees will quickly drink up any savings you though you were getting.