Getaway mini suite MX

Just got upgraded and was wandering if this has a larger balcony. Any info is greatly appreciated!

Hey LTC. i am on the same cruise and was wondering if you got upgraded or purchased an upgrade? I was thinking of doing the same thing.

It only has a larger balcony if it is one if the only 2 true MX cabins on deck 8, an aft M1 or if you were assigned a category M6 on deck 8. Any other mini suites to my knowledge just have the standard small balcony. Hope this helps! 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks LTC. Your on the October 18th roll call.

I kind of want to do the same thing but I am traveling with others and want assigned cabins. NCL is playing games with the mini-suite categories by designating a MB and sometimes a MA as a guarantee as well. It is my guess that they are not filling the family mini's because of the time of year and will ultimately be putting guarantees's in those. I would like to be in an assigned mid-ship mini, but I may not get the opportunity.

No I was in a balcony, there had been a price change and my TA called so I got I upgraded. Maybe I should have asked for OBC instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After final payment, one should not expect OBC or price reductions. Once in a while one might get a token OBC after final payment, but one should not expect it. NCL is pretty good about allowing upgrades. Perhaps the price of an MX guarantee cabin dropped, the TA got you that as an upgrade and you were then assigned a mini suite on deck 9. Enjoy the extra space.

After final payment, one should not expect OBC or price reductions. Once in a while one might get a token OBC after final payment, but one should not expect it. NCL is pretty good about allowing upgrades. Perhaps the price of an MX guarantee cabin dropped, the TA got you that as an upgrade and you were then assigned a mini suite on deck 9. Enjoy the extra space.

Agreed!

It's all gravy.

Thanks LTC. Your on the October 18th roll call.

I kind of want to do the same thing but I am traveling with others and want assigned cabins. NCL is playing games with the mini-suite categories by designating a MB and sometimes a MA as a guarantee as well. It is my guess that they are not filling the family mini's because of the time of year and will ultimately be putting guarantees's in those. I would like to be in an assigned mid-ship mini, but I may not get the opportunity.

I got a family Mini with my upgrade but hey it was free.

Just went 10 rounds with NCL on this very subject. My "Vacation Summary" says "MX" category but my cabin is an M3. They said that it was a glitch in how they processed my upgrade. Ok.......

Now look....I'm going from a Balcony on 14 to a mini suite on 12 so I really have no complaints but....I wanted the extra square feet (M3 = 239 MX = 310) no matter how many times the CSR tried to tell me that my M3 was better. Really.....are you trying to tell me that a cabin with 70sqft less is better? Because I am on deck 12 and not 8? Then they said there were "very few" MX cabins.....ahhhh...no kidding.....like 2?

Even at this moment if you start a new reservation for the 9/13 sailing you are offered an MX Mini Suite. I just think it is a crappy way to business and I wanted to communicate that to them and everyone else.

With all that said........I can't wait to go but RCCL will be on the top of the list next time.

Just went 10 rounds with NCL on this very subject. My "Vacation Summary" says "MX" category but my cabin is an M3. They said that it was a glitch in how they processed my upgrade. Ok.......

Now look....I'm going from a Balcony on 14 to a mini suite on 12 so I really have no complaints but....I wanted the extra square feet (M3 = 239 MX = 310) no matter how many times the CSR tried to tell me that my M3 was better. Really.....are you trying to tell me that a cabin with 70sqft less is better? Because I am on deck 12 and not 8? Then they said there were "very few" MX cabins.....ahhhh...no kidding.....like 2?

Even at this moment if you start a new reservation for the 9/13 sailing you are offered an MX Mini Suite. I just think it is a crappy way to business and I wanted to communicate that to them and everyone else.

With all that said........I can't wait to go but RCCL will be on the top of the list next time.

I did the mock booking for that date. When I select MX, it offers me a minisuite gty. Honestly, that is what most MX bookings are...minisuite guarantees. Especially those booking MX in the final weeks before the cruise; odds are very, very high that the 2 assignable MX cabins are long since booked.

I do not like the way NCL classifies their cabins, but M3 is a higher category that MX. That is important if one accepts the risk of booking a gty. MX is the lowest minisuite category. If one books MX without a cabin number (ie MX gty), one should not be surprised to get an M3 ( or any other minisuite cabin).

Hypothetically, if just before your cruise RCCL had a price drop and agreed to give cruiser a free upgrade from a balcony to a JS gty (W), one should remember to feel grateful they even got the upgrade, because RCCL sometimes says those last minute prices are for "new bookings only." But having secured that hypothetical upgrade, would you be upset with them when you do not get to select your JS cabin? I am unconvinced this would have gone any better with RCCL; it might have gone worse ("new bookings only" might have been heard over and over)

I think the issue is that the room description for MX says 310 sq. ft. It really should say (since it is a guarantee) the range of minisuite square footage available. Or list the smallest square footage it could be, and then anytime someone is assigned a larger mini-suite they will feel like they got an upgrade! Currently it is very confusing/misleading. It may not QUITE cross a legal line into false advertising but it sure isn't what I'd classify as highly ethical. :)

I do not like the way NCL classifies their cabins, but M3 is a higher category that MX. That is important if one accepts the risk of booking a gty. MX is the lowest minisuite category. If one books MX without a cabin number (ie MX gty), one should not be surprised to get an M3 ( or any other minisuite cabin).

I didn't book a guarantee. I booked a BA upgraded from BC and I happened to notice last week that the mini suite's were cheaper than what I paid. So I called and they assigned me an MX category, which implied I had a bigger cabin, but was assigned an M3 cabin. It is misleading. As this isn't my first rodeo I know how guarantees work

Hypothetically, if just before your cruise RCCL had a price drop and agreed to give cruiser a free upgrade from a balcony to a JS gty (W), one should remember to feel grateful they even got the upgrade, because RCCL sometimes says those last minute prices are for "new bookings only." But having secured that hypothetical upgrade, would you be upset with them when you do not get to select your JS cabin? I am unconvinced this would have gone any better with RCCL; it might have gone worse ("new bookings only" might have been heard over and over)

Not sure why you chose to focus on my RCCL comment when the real issue is how NCL handled it but I'm sure they appreciate you trying to defend them.

-g

All the minisuites are the same size internally except for the HC cabins.

The 2 BA/GA actual cat MX cabins are indicated as having more "total" square feet because the balconies are larger than any other minisuites.

All the minis have the same small balconies except the 2 cat MX units on 8 way forward.

ETA; Any "M" cat is larger than a "B" cat. An MX or M3 is larger internally than a BA, BC, or B6. It just the balconies vary in some cats.

Edited by bear3412

I didn't book a guarantee. I booked a BA upgraded from BC and I happened to notice last week that the mini suite's were cheaper than what I paid. So I called and they assigned me an MX category, which implied I had a bigger cabin, but was assigned an M3 cabin. It is misleading. As this isn't my first rodeo I know how guarantees work

Did you pick a cabin number when you upgraded to MX? If not, it would seem likely that you upgraded to an MX gty. Not your first rodeo, but maybe your first MX ride? In case you join another NCL rodeo, please know that most "_X" bookings on NCL are gty bookings, though gty is available in many categories on NCL. So, cowboy, if you do not want a gty, be sure you get an assigned cabin number before you book or upgrade, espcially if it is an "_X" category

Not sure why you chose to focus on my RCCL comment when the real issue is how NCL handled it but I'm sure they appreciate you trying to defend them.

I'm just saying RCCL has its own upgrade idiosyncrasies

-g

Have a nice day.

The 2 BA/GA actual cat MX cabins are indicated as having more "total" square feet because the balconies are larger than any other minisuites.

All the minis have the same small balconies except the 2 cat MX units on 8 way forward.

There are also minisuites with very large balconies (same as actual MX balconies), category M6.

Edited by Demonyte

You might have not originally booked a guarantee but it sure sounds like you upgraded to MX GTY as the actual MX cabins were already sold out. Category MX is the lowest minisuite category so any other minisuite regardless of balcony size is an upgrade to higher category so nothing misleading there. Sorry to say but your statement about having been mislead doesn't sound like you really know how guarantees or category upgrades work.

Just wish I could book a MB assigned room. Not suppose to be a guarantee!

If you can't, that means that all cabins in that category are already either sold out or reserved to group blocks etc (if the cruise is still far away).

Category MX is the lowest minisuite category so any other minisuite regardless of balcony size is an upgrade to higher category so nothing misleading there. Sorry to say but your statement about having been mislead doesn't sound like you really know how guarantees or category upgrades work.

Nobody likes a troll. Either add something to the conversation or stay out of it.