Mayan Ruins

robindina

This will be our first cruise to Cozumel and Belize and I was debating on which port to see the Ruins. I don't want to do an all day tour. So what can you guys tell me about San Gervasio Mayan ruins or should I wait and see the Altun Ha ruins in Belize?

This will be our first cruise to Cozumel and Belize and I was debating on which port to see the Ruins. I don't want to do an all day tour. So what can you guys tell me about San Gervasio Mayan ruins or should I wait and see the Altun Ha ruins in Belize?

I have done both. While I enjoy San Gervasio as interesting and a pleasant walk through the jungle, Altun Ha is a much better example of ruins.

There are plenty of activities to choose from on Cozumel depending on your preferences. Excursions and tours on Belize are much more limited unless you already have an alternative activity in mind.

I would say - do the best ruins possible. Coba in Cozumel and Lamanai in Belize are both INCREDIBLE. They both take quite a bit of effort to get to - but well worth it. Of 100's of excursions we've take - these are some of the most memorable. They both have large Myan pyramids that you can climb to the top. There are few left that allow you to climb. Truly, amazing experiences!

• 2 weeks later...
I would say - do the best ruins possible. Coba in Cozumel and Lamanai in Belize are both INCREDIBLE. They both take quite a bit of effort to get to - but well worth it. Of 100's of excursions we've take - these are some of the most memorable. They both have large Myan pyramids that you can climb to the top. There are few left that allow you to climb. Truly, amazing experiences!

We will be on MSC Divina stopping in Cozumel in November. This is our secind visit here - first time we did an island tour + San Gervasio ruins. This time we would like to see the Tulum Mayan ruins. I am looking for recommendations as to which is the better ruin to visit from Cozumel - Tulum, Corba or Chitchen Itza. Also do you have any recommendations for tour operators? Any help/recommendations would be appreciated.