pat james dimentri on QVC

What I was going by when I said Pat James Dementri's age was in her late forties was something she said many years ago around the late eighties on QVC. (yes QVC has been on that long-they were on when CVN was on-QVC just bought out CVN) She said she had graduated from high school in 1973. At that time she would have been in her early thirties and not ashamed to admit her age. The only reason I remember this is I graduated high school in 1972 so I assumed that made her a year younger then me and I turn fifty this July. So Pat looked really great for her age-she could easily pass for 30-35. She did not need a lift.

Anyway the problem with lifts is they only last 2 or 3 years and then you look worse then ever. So once you start this you need to keep getting the lifts if you want to look good. Even if you have millions who wants to have to have surgery every couple of years.

Momofmeg

I don't know where you got your info on face lifts, but it is not correct. Your skin certainly begins to age again when the face lift is done, nothing will stop time. But you do not look worse than if you hadn't had it done and you do not need repeat lifts. I know many women, including my mother and mother in law who have had one face lift, both in their mid 50's...now they are in their late 70's and they both look very good.

And who are you to pass judgement on whether someone does or does not need a face lift? That's for each individual to decide based on how they feel about themselves, not on what YOU feel about them.

natdon- I was not passing judgement anymore the LoisR was -just expressing my opinion. If you read my earlier post on this topic I was talking about Paul McCarntey and Dixie Carter. Both had facelifts done-looked REALLY good and then 2 or 3 years later looked worse then BEFORE they had the facelift.

I have NOTHING against cosmetic surgery. If I could I would have a tummy tuck and liposuction. I just don't have the extra $$$ for that as I am ordinary middleclass turning 50 and need more to worry about the fact I may make it to 90 as my grandmother did and don't want to be a finanicial drain on my daughter.

Yes I do understand those who have jobs exposed to the world feel this need but honestly I thought Pat looked great. I watched her this morning and yes her eyes look younger but I agree with the other post-her lips are a little too full but then I am a WOMAN and it is men who are attracted to the fuller lips. Anyway Pat is beautiful but she was already.

This is what I want to say-Pat if you should read this you look gorgeous but honestly I truly felt you were gorgeous already. I have always admired your beauty and wished I looked HALF as good as You did before your surgery. I sure did not mean to give the impression though that you should not have had your surgery. You are the one in the public eye not me so how could I judge you?

Hi girls...looks like this is a topic we all are going to "agree to disagree" on....

I can feel some tension on the board...remember we are all different...and our uniqueness is what makes us who we are icon_smile.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Lois- I just try to be nice when I post. I can't stand some of these sarcastic posters I find on all messageboards. I go out of my way to be nice AT LEAST I TRY but if I express an opinion I am told I am being judgemental.

Just not true maybe envious but not in a bad way. It was just hurtful that someone could take and twist what I said.

I have never found anything offensive in your posts-and I only mentioned you because someone had blasted you also-when I thought you had said very nice things.

One thing I do feel though is we never know who reads these posts and I would do nothing to offend Pat or anyone else. I guess that is the real bad thing about being in the public eye-that people get on places like these boards and talk about you as if they knew you personally.

Do you remember Kathy Levine? She is on HSN now selling a line of clothes and jewelry. She looks really good-a lot prettier. I don't think she had a facelift though-looks more like she is getting more rest-anyway she looks really good and this is a woman in her fifties I know.

I'm sorry if I was sarcastic. I know I"m a little touchy on this subject. As I stated before, I'm getting a "mini" face lift tomorrow. I've had to defend myself to a few people who think it's terrible or that I've lost my mind, so I've gotten a little defensive on the subject. I try not to pass judgement on anyone's life but I have some family members who seem to think it's their duty to direct mine.

This is just something I"m doing for myself. It's not a big deal and I'm using money I"ve earned and saved.

Don't be so sure Kathy Levine hasn't had a face lift. A good lift is one that makes the person look more "rested", not all tight and stretched like Joan Rivers. I haven't seen her on HSN, but I used to just love her on QVC...her mother too.

Please accept my apologies...I didn't mean to offend.

Nat...and Mom.....ok...lets move on icon_smile.gif...I understand when on the internet things can get taken the wrong way...we cannot see each other.

Anyway..thanks Mom for your explanationicon_smile.gif I appreciate it...and Nat, thanks for the apology. icon_smile.gif..and I hope everything turns out the way you want.

I have seen Kathy on HSN...and (remember this is just my opinion)...I never liked her to start with...well, maybe when I first saw her..but she ended up grating on my nerves.

Oh one story about facelifts....and this is someone in my family...my dad's sister-in-law...my uncle has been gone since I was in 6th grade...anyway...she would be my aunt...this woman has had more facelifts than anyone could ever want icon_eek.gif...I mean it...she is probably about 85 now...well, over the years...she has this tucked, that nipped, this done...YIKES!!!....I remember when my nephew and neice met her (after they got married) I suppose that was about 15 years ago....well, they weren't sure what they were looking at...I know that sounds horrible...but I guess she thought everything would make her look younger....NOT... icon_frown.gif. (my nephew is my sister's son)...neice is his wife...and she had never met my Aunt before!

Her skin is so streched...lets put it this way, Michael Jackson would look pretty good standing next to my Aunt icon_rolleyes.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

[This message was edited by Lois R on 04-14-04 at 05:51 PM.]

Maybe the way I expressed my self was because of previous experiences too. My daughter was born with several birth defects and she has had several plastic surgeries. They can only fix so much plus they take tissue from elsewhere that leaves scars. She won't wear a high cut swim suit for this reason as they have taken tissue from her thigh area for these surgeries. Also too-they make you feel these surgeries will "fix" all these things but they don't-you can still tell there has been surgery. We have been told only so much can be done-as I guess Micahel Jackson has learned the hard way. He has ruint his nose and all his millions can't fix it.

Anyway my daughter is a beautiful girl and I know I am prejudiced ofcourse-but she is still very beautiful despite all the little imperfections she was born with-I just wish she could see it.

Our health insurance covered for these surgeries but we would have gladly used our own money if they didn't. Anyway I sure don't want to judge anyone else and I hope your surgery goes well.

"Mom" - I wasn't going to post anything else on this thread hoping it would just go away. I had to respond to you. This is not a judgement of anyone on this board or anywhere else - we are all born with imperfections - some outside, some inside.

You said that your daughter is beautiful you just wish she could see it - one day she will. Having a mother that loves her and supports her will help her understand that. icon_smile.gif

lszu

Sovereign 7/99

Monarch 7/00

Vision 9/01

Voyager 9/02

Adventure 9/03

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my goodness. I saw Pat today. She has a permanent "surprise look" on her face. Her appearance is as difference as day is to night.

At first I didn't recognize her. Then I remember reading this post and recognized her voice. I wonder if she was treated by Joan River's MD. icon_wink.gif

Karen

Summit 9/3/04 Alaska Southbound

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;9;3;21;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

I finally saw Pat yesterday. I don't know if I'd called it a "surprised look" but she does look different. The one thing I thought looked weird were her lips.

2-14-04 Seabourn Legend

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;2;14;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

6-19-04 Disney Magic

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

3-19-05 Diamond Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2005;3;19;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

I think she's pretty close to 8 weeks now. She was off the air for like 5 weeks and back for a few already. I think this is pretty much what she's going to look like.

lszu

Sovereign 7/99

Monarch 7/00

Vision 9/01

Voyager 9/02

Adventure 9/03

Archived