Have you carried your own fan?

MTinGA

I have been reading about how warm the cabins are lately. I was on Freedom in February and nearly roasted. Will the cruiseline let you carry your own fan onboard or let you borrow one for the cruise? Did the fan help with temps?

We've brought a small one in checked luggage a few times and it was confiscated once, but I don't remember which ship. It did help a little with temperature and air circulation. Main reason for bringing it is that DH is used to sleeping with it on. We've never thought to borrow one, but we might do that this cruise.

We carry two, one plug in one battery operated. Carry in carry on, never had any trouble with it. Fans are allowed per John Heald, as long as they are in good shape and not a fire risk. There're in for a fight if they try to take ours. LOL

I've never tried this, but I purchased the 02cool battery/AC 10" fan which uses 8 D batteries to try on my next cruise. I paid right around $30 with shipping and tax. Yesterday I saw an identical fan (different brand) for sale at Walmart for $14.99. Naturally...

I have packed it four times (8 inch battery operated fan, takes 2 D cells), never used it. Am packing it again for it's 5th cruise-because my BF says she hates hot, and needs the noise, but, she has never sailed on a lower deck before, so she may not need it for the noise.:rolleyes:

I carried the 10" O-2 on two cruises with no issues- the 8 batteries it takes are heavy so I put them in my carry on so I did not have to worry about my suitcase being over the weight limit. But on my last cruise we purchased the smaller 5" O-2 and it worked perfect. I ran it every night of a 6 day cruise, it sits perfectly on the side table and provided both the noise and breeze we wanted.

I carry a small fan in my luggage on every cruise.

The temps very like crazy. We cruised twice in June on the Triumph and our 9th floor balcony was warm all day. The second cruise we were on the 7th floor and never used it.

It's in the luggage right now!

Edited by BallFour4