Allure -- Chef's Table vs 150 Central Park

Tina99

My cruise on the Allure is just weeks away, and I would appreciate any info anyone has before I make a reservation for the Chef's Table or 150 CP. I've seen videos and menus, and from what I've seen, I'm not that excited about Chef's Table in that library-looking room, sitting around a conference table. The atmosphere of the surroundings is a definite factor for me in the enjoyment of the experience. I love fine dining and wine pairing. On the flip side, 150 Central Park seems lovely, but is the food exceptional? and can I do a wine pairing? Thank you, all.

They are very different experiences, that's for sure.

150 can be very intimate, but some posters have mentioned large groups that are loud. We've dined there on every trip on the Allure/Oasis pair, and really enjoy it. The wine pairings have been exceptional, IMHO.

Chef's Table is more of a group thing where you are enjoying the creativitity of the chef. We've done it twice, and enjoyed it both times. It's less a library vs the top part of the Conciege Lounge, so you have a nice high view of the rear of the ship. It's really cool.

When everything is factored in, the price the almost the same- the wine pairing for 150 puts the price quite near to Chefs Table.

If you are looking for an event that's mostly for a small group, 150 is where you would choose. If you are ok with sharing that experience with quite a few people, then Chef's Table is good.

If you can swing both, do both. Put a few days between them, though.

Edited by alfaeric

We have done both on the Allure.....

Chef's table hands down.....

There you are in room with a long table... yes but the focus is on the food and wine and conversations about food and wine and what ever.

It's a group celebration of food and wine.

The only draw back might be that you don't like the person sitting next to you. But no worries there are 14 people there...someone will be interesting. BUt if not...........you have good food and wine...

I was sick the entire cruise with absolutely no desire to eat so I only tasted the food...............even with that I loved it. It is pricey for sure but worth it.

Edited by JohnSnowGOT

As others have mentioned, if you can swing both, DO IT!!

The experience of each of them is unique in it's own way, and the foodie in you will be so happy you chose to do both!!

150 Central Park is charming, and can be the more initimate setting, whereas the Chef's Table you are instantly friends with the 6 other couples. (and I did make good friends with the couple sitting next to us)

DO it - You're on vacation after all! :D

Plan on at least 2 hours in 150 CP, and possibly 4 hours at the Chef's Table.

We ate at 150 CP and loved the experience. :D Without the wine pairing, it took 2 hours.

We were in the CL Lounge at 7:15pm one evening when our friends walked in to go up to Chef's Table. After our dinner at Giovanni's, and around 11:15pm, we were back in the CL to print flight boarding passes. We ran into our friends again, who were just leaving Chef's Table! :eek: They thought the experience was absolutely wonderful! :)

My cruise on the Allure is just weeks away, and I would appreciate any info anyone has before I make a reservation for the Chef's Table or 150 CP. I've seen videos and menus, and from what I've seen, I'm not that excited about Chef's Table in that library-looking room, sitting around a conference table. The atmosphere of the surroundings is a definite factor for me in the enjoyment of the experience. I love fine dining and wine pairing. On the flip side, 150 Central Park seems lovely, but is the food exceptional? and can I do a wine pairing? Thank you, all.

Given the choice I would do the Chef's Table before 150 CP. (We've done both on Allure several times.) Don't be put off by what you perceive as a library-looking room and conference table. It's been our experience that the guests seated with you typically enjoy excellent food and interesting wine pairings, and conversation is most interesting and pleasant. We have enjoyed the creativity of the chef and the wine pairings are surprising.

Insofar as the 150 CP food...We have found it to be uneven - very good one time, not so much the next. IMO, it seems like the focus is on presentation and if the food tastes good it's great. For me should be equal amounts of presentation and food quality.

We're back on Allure in December and will be dining at both once again. But like I said, if I had to choose one it would be Chef's Table hands down.

We did both on Oasis I was underwhelmed by the meal we had at 150 CP we did the wine pairing at dinner and felt it was really not a good value also thought the meal was just so-so would have to think really hard to do that again. The Chef Table was a pleasant surprise we enjoyed the dinner and wine pairing and had a wonderful evening. I would do the chef table again without any hesitation.

I liked 150 Park but LOVED the Chefs Table! It is a great opportunity to dine with a group of people that love fine dining and enjoying the wine pairings. I have done this every time I'm on the Allure or the Oasis.

150 Park is very lovely and can be a nice romantic restaurant but noise can sometimes spoil the ambiance. The wine pairings are extra cost so understand it is quite expensive if you add the wine pairing.

I thought the wine pairings at the Chefs Table were much better!

Plan on at least 2 hours in 150 CP, and possibly 4 hours at the Chef's Table)

So, would you recommend my changing my reservation if I have a 10:45 show time. On my Oasis cruise, Chef's Table is shown from 7:15-9:45. This is a shorter Oasis cruise in the Mediterranean, so 10:45 is the only Oasis of Dreams show available for my schedule. Looks like I can reschedule to another night - just grabbed a midnight comedy show (although that may mean I'll miss Quest (which I guess I did just see a few weeks ago and it doesn't change that much.)

Hope nobody minds me butting in - hate starting a new thread when one is currently going. Thank you!

We have dined at both Chef's Table and CP 150 on the Allure on different sailings. We LOVED CT both times and thought both the food and wine pairing was excellent. CP 150 was not worth our time or money on our second sailing. The food was disappointing and we felt the wines did not complement the food. We had truly enjoyed it on our 2012 sailing, but will not do it again. The CT was an amazing experience and we were lucky all 16 seats were not filled. We made the

reservation for the 1st night each time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Edited by sauvichick

So, can I RSVP CT in advance? We are doing a family cruise with 12 of us and we thought CT would be a great place to celebrate the recent passing of a dear family member. I thought somebody said I could Email somebody in advance and book CT. We sail March on the Oasis.

I've done both and highly recommend either (or both!).

The best way to differentiate them I've heard is that Chef's Table is more of an experience, Park 150 is more like a typical restaurant. The Chef's Table you're going to be sitting with strangers getting drunk (we really liked our group, and based on posts on the forum, most other people do too). Park 150 you control who you sit with, obviously. Although they tell you about the food and wine at Park 150, the process is much more engaging at the Chef's Table.

The food at 150 tends to be a bit more "foodie" than Chef's Table, but both are very, very good. As others have noted, there is a wine pairing available at Park 150.

Personally I really like the atmosphere in the concierge club. The dinner starts during the evening happy hour for suites but long outlasts them, and you're a floor up, so it is pretty quiet.

I liked 150 Park but LOVED the Chefs Table! It is a great opportunity to dine with a group of people that love fine dining and enjoying the wine pairings. I have done this every time I'm on the Allure or the Oasis.

150 Park is very lovely and can be a nice romantic restaurant but noise can sometimes spoil the ambiance. The wine pairings are extra cost so understand it is quite expensive if you add the wine pairing.

I thought the wine pairings at the Chefs Table were much better!

Hi Tinkerme...how you doing? I would have to agree with you, where I totally enjoyed 150 Park (and loved their special martini), I LOVED Chef's Table! If I had to choose only one I would go with Chef's Table in a heart beat!!