Clarification please on the saver programs

sapphiregem

So after reading threads on here and snooping on Carnival I think I understand the different saver programs Carnival offers...but just to be sure, as this may help others as well, please correct my areas that I am wrong.

Early Saver - they will price adjust up to 2 days prior to sailing IF the price drop is the same ship, same date and same stateroom type. (the little number letter combo they assign for each category room). ES will NOT price adjust without that criteria.

Super Saver and Instant Saver - No price adjust. These 2 offers cannot coincide with the ES due to the fact that NO stateroom type can be booked via Super and Instant (which in essence makes them a cheaper rate than a Early Saver with a cabin selection would ever be)

Easy Saver - No price adjust. (this available after Early Saver fares close)

Early Saver must be booked 3 months in advance of short cruise and 5 months in advance of long cruises

Here is where I am confused....

Do you put in a claim at any time for any program or does it have to be AFTER final payment??

If (and is it worth it) to purchase Fun Select Plus for the upgrade? Do you actually get an upgrade and is that comparable with price adjust?

Arent Super and Instant Saver the same thing? Am I missing something?

Thanks as always!

Funny but I have not thought about those other names for bookings that you have listed!

The easier way to think about all this is:

Early Saver-price adjustments up to 2 days before sailing

IF you have a rate(whatever it is called) where you do not pick your stateroom then you canNOT get price adjustments at all!

ANY other rate (no matter what it is called) you can get price adjustments up to your final payment date unless they specifically say that you cannot do this.

IF you have a rate that can get price adjustments you just call up Carnival the minute you see a price drop!!

I hope this helps to simplify things for you.

This is what I know about Early Saver:

After you book your cruise, if at anytime you can book the same cruise by choosing your stateroom and it is in the same category, for example: lido deck midship balcony, at a lower price, you then summit the early saver form. If you have not made a final payment, your final payment will be less. If you have made a final payment, you receive on board credit. If there are no rooms available in the same category, then you cannot receive any credit.

I hope this helps.

Cannot address your oother questions but with regard to Early Saver two comments. In addition to criteria you mentioned also the same number of people in the cabin. Also you apply for every price drop when you see it. Both before and after final payment. I have seen the price go back up and if you didn't apply for the reduction at the time it was offered you can't do so retroactively.

If (and is it worth it) to purchase Fun Select Plus for the upgrade? Do you actually get an upgrade and is that comparable with price adjust?

Thanks as always!

Go through a mock booking online to see what rooms you're offered and the price differences. (Basically, go through the steps to book but exit out before you've given the passenger names or payment info.) The only "upgrades" I've seen offered are for a higher deck and midship versus back or front. Whether those are of value to you depends on where you want to be on the ship. I personally prefer the highest deck where I still have cabins above and below, but everyone has different preferences. If you book Early Saver, it usually gives you a choice of "upgrading" for a little extra and still ends up cheaper than Fun Select. Just keep in mind the Early Saver rules for changes and cancellations. With Fun Select, you can get price adjustments until final payment.

Might wanna check out the fine print in regards to price drops with early saver. Their "policy" is any sale that says 'for new bookings only' that you cannot get a price reduction. The problem is that almost every sale they have says this. I'm really starting to think there isn't much point in booking early saver when you can just wait until within 60 days of the cruise and you'll likely do better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Might wanna check out the fine print in regards to price drops with early saver. Their "policy" is any sale that says 'for new bookings only' that you cannot get a price reduction. The problem is that almost every sale they have says this. I'm really starting to think there isn't much point in booking early saver when you can just wait until within 60 days of the cruise and you'll likely do better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

This is a good point but I think its meant for you cannot cancel your booking and re-book the cruise under the sale. Im pretty sure the early saver applies to those sales for 'new bookings only', I received over $350 credit my last cruise.