Activities for an 18 year old on the Breakaway?

dvond

Yes... Club Entourage in the aft of the ship, port side, deck 16 if my memory serves. There was always a cluster of teens there each night. We traveled with friends and family, who had a mix of kids 16-21 - everyone had a group of friends within a day or so.

Edited by VickiD59

Yes... Club Entourage in the aft of the ship, port side, deck 16 if my memory serves. There was always a cluster of teens there each night. We traveled with friends and family, who had a mix of kids 16-21 - everyone had a group of friends within a day or so.

Oh that would be good, usually there is nothing for 18 and over

Thanks!

Just came off the Breakaway with a 19 year old and I can confirm that the teen club is strick about ages. There was plenty for him to do, but he did it with us. Maybe on your roll call you can see if there are others in that age group and they can meet at the meet and greet.

She will make friends! We saw groups of teens hanging out all over. By the arcade, just inside Uptown Grill, on the pool deck, at mini golf, by the Ropes Course and rock climbing wall.

At night, Spice H2O is all lit up with people dancing and hanging out.

I hope she has a lot of fun.

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

She will make friends! We saw groups of teens hanging out all over. By the arcade, just inside Uptown Grill, on the pool deck, at mini golf, by the Ropes Course and rock climbing wall.

At night, Spice H2O is all lit up with people dancing and hanging out.

I hope she has a lot of fun.

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Thanks, she always loved the kids camp, been going since she was 4 and never did not go on any cruise, going to be weird for her, the key was always 1st night and she had friends then for whole cruise. My 11 yr old cannot go enough as well

Club Entourage is the teen club - they are strict about ages, and those 18 and older (and under 13) are not allowed.

When I said that our group had kids 16-21, I didn't mean that they all went to Entourage (I worded it wrong), but the 16 year old.. and my niece who had turned 18 on this trip (but looks younger) would frequent it. They wouldn't stay there all night, but they did make friends from meeting others there, and then would hang out in other places.. usually anywhere where there was food to be had. Also, the Arcade was popular.

When I said that our group had kids 16-21, I didn't mean that they all went to Entourage (I worded it wrong), but the 16 year old.. and my niece who had turned 18 on this trip (but looks younger) would frequent it. They wouldn't stay there all night, but they did make friends from meeting others there, and then would hang out in other places.. usually anywhere where there was food to be had. Also, the Arcade was popular.

And that is the issue with the 18+ crowd - the first night, the teens gather in the club, meet up, have some activities to break the ice, and are friends for life. The 18+ don't get to do this, so it's harder to meet others. Your group had kids who were allowed in, and met others.

And that is the issue with the 18+ crowd - the first night, the teens gather in the club, meet up, have some activities to break the ice, and are friends for life. The 18+ don't get to do this, so it's harder to meet others. Your group had kids who were allowed in, and met others.

Yup you hit the nail on the head, that 1st night was always key especially as they got older, a shame they dont have meet and greets for kids this age

Yup you hit the nail on the head, that 1st night was always key especially as they got older, a shame they dont have meet and greets for kids this age

I am in my mid - 20's but have been cruising since I was a teen. I can talk to people easily so I usually start talking to those who appear my age at the pool or jacuzzi during the day and then I usually start hanging out with them again at night by spice h20.

I just got off the breakaway and I met about 20 people around my age and we all met in the jacuzzi and hung out during the day and night.

18 yo is a bit tricky because most tines those in their early 20's just want to drink and I'm sure your DD isn't doing that just yet. I am sure she can meet other 18yo and just not be shy, everyone is looking to make new friends.