Interesting -- Re: Oasis Dry Dock Changes

Cindy

Theoretically it bothers me but when I think about what they're actually doing, and remember my 3 weeks so far on Oasis Class ships, it doesn't bother me anymore. They're basically making better use of very lightly used areas and rearranging other areas in a way that makes more sense. For example, the existing DL couldn't be used most weeks because it was simply too small. So, the DL winds up as wasted space and a second venue, Blaze, has to be used. Makes more sense to me to put a small restaurant or bar in the existing DL space and move the DL to a more suitable location.

The only real loss here IMHO is the VCL, which was very lightly used on my Oasis Class sailings to begin with, and the secret balconies which were also lightly used (by non-CC members lol).

In any event, I look forward to seeing the finished product!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

DH and I have not been on Oasis, but we were just on Allure, which up until now has basically been the same. We enjoyed the DL a great deal and would hate to see it moved from its current location. It was a great place to sit and enjoy a drink before dinner and be able to look out over the Promenade. It was a nice venue to watch the parades from as well. It was always in use with a nice number of people, not overly crowded at anytime, but being used a lot.