Interesting -- Re: Oasis Dry Dock Changes

Cindy

The Living Walls in CP are being..... decimated.... as I write.... we saw workmen carrying plants out through the adjoining 2 staterooms on deck 10.

Are they doing away with the living walls for good? :confused: Central Park is such a beautiful area on the ship - particularly those living walls. I have a CP Balcony booked next year and hope CP is as beautiful as it was last time we were aboard.

Are they doing away with the living walls for good? :confused: Central Park is such a beautiful area on the ship - particularly those living walls. I have a CP Balcony booked next year and hope CP is as beautiful as it was last time we were aboard.

I am of the understanding that they are repainting the planters green instead of blue. That is why is has been disassembled.

NorbertsNiece posted this as well as pictures of the hidden balconies being gutted and changed into suites. She just got off Oasis today.

Originally Posted by NorbertsNiece View Post

Today's Compasses attached.

'Cupcake Cupboard' being moved to the Boardwalk. Will be a designer clothes shop in its place... I forget the name....

Sabor 2.0 where Seafood Shack currently resides.

'Willow' is being replaced by 'Michael Kors'.

The 'Diamond Lounge' will eventually be something called 'Wonderland'. DL moving to Deck 4 as is Izumi on opposite sides.

Viking Crown will be going. 2 new Royal Lofts.

6 new Aqua suites coming.

Whole bunch of rooms across the price range being incorporated but may not necessarily be bookable until end November.....

This is not all happening during refit. It's not all been months in the planning.... some of it has only been weeks....

The Living Walls in CP are being..... decimated.... as I write.... we saw workmen carrying plants out through the adjoining 2 staterooms on deck 10.

Per the above. Is the Viking Crown being converted to Royal Lofts or is the Concierge Lounge moving to Deck 17 where the Viking Crown was? (which was reported in the past)

Dynamic Dining sounds a lot like Norwegian Freestyle. I suspect the change was inevitable, and I for one will welcome it. We were on the Oasis TA, and there were lots of partially filled tables after the first night. On one occasion, new friends invited us to take empty seats at their table. The waiter had to "check" first, but they accommodated us. The new system will be much more efficient, as long as you don't try to dine at the same time as everybody else.

I thought the food on the Oasis was great, and we didn't even get to all the free options available. Paying for a speciality restaurant is nice, but not necessary in order to enjoy your cruise.

Per the above. Is the Viking Crown being converted to Royal Lofts or is the Concierge Lounge moving to Deck 17 where the Viking Crown was? (which was reported in the past)

Not exactly, the Pinnacle Chapel and Lounge are being converted to the new Royal Suites (not "Loft"). The VCL is being converted into the new Concierge Lounge.

steamboats

Not exactly, the Pinnacle Chapel and Lounge are being converted to the new Royal Suites (not "Loft"). The VCL is being converted into the new Concierge Lounge.

steamboats

What will become of old concierge lounge?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

At the rate that RCCL is doing away with public space to add cabins and specialty dining.

Soon you will be restricted to your cabin unless you are in an up charge specialty dining area.

But then that would be the most cost efficient and would make the efficacy experts very happy! LoL

At the rate that RCCL is doing away with public space to add cabins and specialty dining.

Soon you will be restricted to your cabin unless you are in an up charge specialty dining area.

But then that would be the most cost efficient and would make the efficacy experts very happy! LoL

Theoretically it bothers me but when I think about what they're actually doing, and remember my 3 weeks so far on Oasis Class ships, it doesn't bother me anymore. They're basically making better use of very lightly used areas and rearranging other areas in a way that makes more sense. For example, the existing DL couldn't be used most weeks because it was simply too small. So, the DL winds up as wasted space and a second venue, Blaze, has to be used. Makes more sense to me to put a small restaurant or bar in the existing DL space and move the DL to a more suitable location.

The only real loss here IMHO is the VCL, which was very lightly used on my Oasis Class sailings to begin with, and the secret balconies which were also lightly used (by non-CC members lol).

In any event, I look forward to seeing the finished product!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I've heard mention - earlier in this thread and I believe in another thread recently - that something called "Wonderland" will be added to Oasis. Does anyone know what Wonderland is?

It is a new upscale pay restaurant that is being introduced first to Quantum class and now being added to Oasis.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options

Edited by Ourusualbeach

It is a new upscale pay restaurant that is being introduced first to Quantum class and now being added to Oasis.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options

Looks like lots of liquid nitrogen needed

Just found it interesting that they haven't removed that from the charts

FYI, if you go back to that thread regarding the supposed "new Oasis deck plans" from the UK site, you'll find that I debunked that whole thing. It turns out that those plans everyone was looking at were actually current Allure plans, not Oasis. So that's that. :cool:

Funny thing is, the ship's webcams (at least as of now) are still fully operational. Kinda weird to see things getting ripped up, taken apart, and covered with plastic:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/multimedia/webcam/ship.do?shipCode=OA&cameraLocation=

I hope they keep it running! It looks like a lot of work being done on the Boardwalk already. It could be fun to keep an eye on the changes that we can see.

Unfortunately, I think they are turned off. This image hasn't changed in 15 minutes and they are suppose to update every 60 seconds. This is the Boardwalk.

Screenshot2014-10-01113349_zps60f402a6.png

Saw that guy an hour ago :D

Unfortunately, I think they are turned off. This image hasn't changed in 15 minutes and they are suppose to update every 60 seconds. This is the Boardwalk.

Might be true, but I know for a fact that these webcams are extremely notorious for not updating as advertised. I know in the days/weeks/months leading up to our past Oasis/Allure sailings, we'll watch the webcams and always notice that they sometimes go 2-3 days without updating, then all of a sudden they're back on a regular schedule again. So I'm not surprised at all that they don't update perfectly (I'd actually be very shocked if they did :cool:)