Interesting -- Re: Oasis Dry Dock Changes

Cindy

Royal sent me an email response saying that Deck 3 will be American Icon, Deck 4 will be The Grande, and Deck 5 will be Silk.

Carolyn,

I haven´t heard anything about Wonderland on deck 3. Deck 4 will be Izumi and a new Teppanyaki restaurant. Izumi is not being replaced by the Teppanyaki but both restaurants will be on deck 4 in the now private dining rooms.

steamboats

Lots of information going around. My info came from the Meal with an Officer on Wednesday. It won't be long until those on the WB TA can see what's going on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just got this note from our T/A for our upcoming 11/29/14 Oasis cruise:

Redeployment desk called to tell us that because of the construction going on this ship on this departure these clients were moved to Category D6 Oceanview Balcony # 12314.

We were in a Boardwalk Balcony # 11727 (2nd cabin closest to secret balcony)

While we have been in Boardwalk Balconies many times, this was the first time that I managed to get one really close to the Aquatheater. At least they bumped us up to a higher balcony category as opposed to a less desirable Boardwalk balcony further away from the Aquatheater so I am OK with the change.

So I guess that means Boardwalk cabins 11727 & 11729 (also 11327 & 11329 on the port side) are being converted into suites utilizing the deck 11 secret balconies.

We have 11727 on the 12/6/14 cruising and have not heard anything yet we are going no mater where they put us but why are they waiting until after final payment is due? We had the same room in June and loved the location for the aqua theater and the secret balcony but I will admit there was very little use of the balcony accept when a show was going on.

Redeployment desk called to tell us that because of the construction going on this ship on this departure these clients were moved to Category D6 Oceanview Balcony # 12314.

While we have been in Boardwalk Balconies many times, this was the first time that I managed to get one really close to the Aquatheater. At least they bumped us up to a higher balcony category as opposed to a less desirable Boardwalk balcony further away from the Aquatheater so I am OK with the change.

So I guess that means Boardwalk cabins 11727 & 11729 (also 11327 & 11329 on the port side) are being converted into suites utilizing the deck 11 secret balconies.

I am surprised that the construction will still be going on 2 months after it goes into drydock. I am wondering if they are using the word 'construction' instead of 'cabins are no more' :eek:

This area is visible from the Boardwalk itself. I know when I get on the ship Oct 14 I certainly will be aiming my camera to that area to see what might be visible.:)

I am surprised that the construction will still be going on 2 months after it goes into drydock. I am wondering if they are using the word 'construction' instead of 'cabins are no more' :eek:

This area is visible from the Boardwalk itself. I know when I get on the ship Oct 14 I certainly will be aiming my camera to that area to see what might be visible.:)

This was my thought. Is there enough room back there to fit a whole suite and still have a nice sized balcony without removing a couple boardwalk balconies?

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Are they converting those cabins into suites or will the area just be in construction zone? I am concerned because we are in 11329 in May and our friends are in 11327. If those cabins will be no more why wouldn't they be letting us all know?:confused:

I will be looking forward to seeing those pictures, Emmy!

I would just go ahead and change to an OV balcony cabin, but the prices have gone up so much I will hang tight and let them switch me, if necessary.

I know when we booked Caribbean Princess this spring they showed the deck plans to a certain pre-construction date and then post construction changes. Wonder why RCI doesn't do that for you to see when you book your cabin ?

Edited by buckeye rob

I just did a dummy booking way out - 8/15/15 and I would still be able to book 11327, which is still available. So, I am still hoping that those cabins will be available for us in May. I would hink they would have pulled those cabins from the inventory if they were being converted into suites. I would think....:rolleyes:

Interesting about the Boardwalk cabins, we are on the Oasis on 11/29 in cabin 12727 and have recieved no notification of a cabin change from RCL or TA.

Looked at My Cruise account on RCL site, and it still shows us in cabin 12727 for now.

We booked this cruise to see all the changes to Oasis after drydock, should be interesting.

Interesting about the Boardwalk cabins, we are on the Oasis on 11/29 in cabin 12727 and have recieved no notification of a cabin change from RCL or TA.

Looked at My Cruise account on RCL site, and it still shows us in cabin 12727 for now.

We booked this cruise to see all the changes to Oasis after drydock, should be interesting.

I think only deck 11 is affected. You may be fine as you are on deck 12.

Edited by loudbmw

I don't believe Boardwalk cabins x727 & x729 as well as x327 & x329 could be configured to include the "secret balcony" since the rock wall is between the secret balcony and x729 and x329.

The Aquasuites on deck 9 begin after 9729.

My guess the reason for the relocation is just due to construction. The equipment and noise would be a problem.

I think only deck 11 is affected. You may be fine as you are on deck 12.

Deck 11, 12 and 14 public balcony areas will be reconstructed as well. I have read of others in those last few cabins on each of those decks being relocated

I will be looking forward to seeing those pictures, Emmy!

I would just go ahead and change to an OV balcony cabin, but the prices have gone up so much I will hang tight and let them switch me, if necessary.

Presently I am booked in 11329 for a Feb sailing of Oasis so I am quite interested in what will be post drydock/construction Ginny :)

Presently I am booked in 11329 for a Feb sailing of Oasis so I am quite interested in what will be post drydock/construction Ginny :)

Hopefully, you will be able squeeze out some reliable info about *our* cabin while on the TA! Waiting and not knowing is killing me. I guess I am a little O/C about these things. I looked into what it would cost to move to an OV Balcony and the prices have skyrocketed, so I am going to have put on my patience cap and wait. I don't do that well, LOL!:D

Hopefully, you will be able squeeze out some reliable info about *our* cabin while on the TA! Waiting and not knowing is killing me. I guess I am a little O/C about these things. I looked into what it would cost to move to an OV Balcony and the prices have skyrocketed, so I am going to have put on my patience cap and wait. I don't do that well, LOL!:D

Ginny do you think if I showed up with a PINK hardhat the workers might give me a tour lol ;)

If and when they move you are they giving anyone compensation or upgrades?

I was told that the "secret" balconies would be changed to cabins that may or may not have balconies. It was not specific about a certain deck or side of the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Carolyn thanks for sharing your info I think I have read every one of your posts on CC various threads about the drydock changes :) :)

Have to keep checking back here for more info :eek:. Booked on Nov 15 sailing with my wife, sister and her boys. We are so far confirmed for 12727 and 12729 and haven't received any emails yet. Hopefully there are no issues but I'm sure RCCL will do their best to re-accommodate us if necessary.

Carolyn thanks for sharing your info I think I have read every one of your posts on CC various threads about the drydock changes :) :)

Thanks, Emmy. Information that I have reported has come from lunch on Oasis last Wednesday, Meal With an Officer. He said we could ask him any question, so I asked what he could share about the upcoming changes during the dry dock. .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums