Memories on the Majesty -- a Mother/Daughter Cruise

emeraldcity

Sailing On Majesty this October and came across this review. One of the best I've read in awhile. It just reaffirms our choice on sailing before she moves to another venue. I'm sure the 4 days will fly by before we know it but like the OP, we intend to enjoy every single minute. :cool:

You have eased my mind about the Majesty. I am booked for August 28, 2015 with 5 other amazing women for a Girls Weekend. I have sailed RCI many times but never on a small ship. I get sea sick for one reason and the other reason I just didn't think there was that much to do. You have assured me on the second point how wrong I was. To address the first point, is there an issue with seas sickness? Do you feel every motion of the ocean? :eek: Thank you for a nice review and for the answers to my questions.

You never know if you'll hit some rough seas, but the Majesty sailing we took last fall encountered very mild seas.

The daughter who was on this cruise with me is very prone to motion sickness. All she did was take something before bedtime and she was fine for the next 24-hours. I've had occasional days at the sea where I was a bit unsettled, but the ship was really rolling on those days. Again, all I did was take a couple of the pills they pass out for free at guest services and I was fine.

And I get such a kick out of the current description of the Sovereign class ... "small ship". The Sovereign of the Seas was the first of the mega ships and I sailed on her fourth cruise overall. She was considered HUGE!

Enjoy your cruise! It's a great ship for an all girls cruise. There was a group of 50-somethings wearing tiaras on my last cruise ... how fun!

I just got off the Majesty yesterday. I submitted my review about an hour ago but it isn't published yet. I organized a group of 26 guys for a bachelor party at sea. There were a couple of other bachelor/bachelorette groups also and I expected it could be a wild cruise. There were a couple of bumps along the way that I had to take care of with my group and I was amazed at how the cruise never seemed to get out of hand with partiers. You'll see in my review that I was very pleasantly surprised in all aspects and hope to sail her again before she leaves the fleet next year.

Sailing On Majesty this October and came across this review. One of the best I've read in awhile. It just reaffirms our choice on sailing before she moves to another venue. I'm sure the 4 days will fly by before we know it but like the OP, we intend to enjoy every single minute. :cool:

Have Fun!!!!:D

You never know if you'll hit some rough seas, but the Majesty sailing we took last fall encountered very mild seas.

The daughter who was on this cruise with me is very prone to motion sickness. All she did was take something before bedtime and she was fine for the next 24-hours. I've had occasional days at the sea where I was a bit unsettled, but the ship was really rolling on those days. Again, all I did was take a couple of the pills they pass out for free at guest services and I was fine.

And I get such a kick out of the current description of the Sovereign class ... "small ship". The Sovereign of the Seas was the first of the mega ships and I sailed on her fourth cruise overall. She was considered HUGE!

Enjoy your cruise! It's a great ship for an all girls cruise. There was a group of 50-somethings wearing tiaras on my last cruise ... how fun!

Thank you for your quick response. I have another question about the seasickness :rolleyes: Is it in your opinion more effective to take the Dramamine before bed for 24 hr benefit or every morning? As you can tell I am terrified of getting sick. I get horribly sick even on Navy vessels being that DH was a sailor, lol but for some reason I never got sick on the Oasis or the Allure. I took some meds on the Liberty OTS because I stayed queasy but never really sick. I took pills like every 4 hrs and dont want to do that again. I just want to enjoy the weekend with the girls.

I did get a kick out of the 50 somethings and the tiaras :D:D you spoke of. In our group I am the OVER 50 something lol!!! I think I might bring a tiara just for me;) The others are my daughters and daughters in law, a much younger bunch. Still, we plan to enjoy each other and have the best weekend ever.

I just got off the Majesty yesterday. I submitted my review about an hour ago but it isn't published yet. I organized a group of 26 guys for a bachelor party at sea. There were a couple of other bachelor/bachelorette groups also and I expected it could be a wild cruise. There were a couple of bumps along the way that I had to take care of with my group and I was amazed at how the cruise never seemed to get out of hand with partiers. You'll see in my review that I was very pleasantly surprised in all aspects and hope to sail her again before she leaves the fleet next year.

WoW!!!!! I can't wait to read your review :)

Thank you for your quick response. I have another question about the seasickness :rolleyes: Is it in your opinion more effective to take the Dramamine before bed for 24 hr benefit or every morning? As you can tell I am terrified of getting sick. I get horribly sick even on Navy vessels being that DH was a sailor, lol but for some reason I never got sick on the Oasis or the Allure. I took some meds on the Liberty OTS because I stayed queasy but never really sick. I took pills like every 4 hrs and dont want to do that again. I just want to enjoy the weekend with the girls.

I did get a kick out of the 50 somethings and the tiaras :D:D you spoke of. In our group I am the OVER 50 something lol!!! I think I might bring a tiara just for me;) The others are my daughters and daughters in law, a much younger bunch. Still, we plan to enjoy each other and have the best weekend ever.

I'd really suggest the Dramamine before bedtime ... then you get a great night's sleep and you're good to go for the next 24-hours. Of course, maybe you'll need an afternoon nap ... which is always a bonus!. :)

And a cruise ship is a great place to wear a tiara. I just did a trip to Disney World with my 11-yr old Granddaughter and youngest DD ... we wore tiaras nearly everywhere ... great fun. I'm strongly thinking I need to pack it for my Alaska cruise in July.

I'd really suggest the Dramamine before bedtime ... then you get a great night's sleep and you're good to go for the next 24-hours. Of course, maybe you'll need an afternoon nap ... which is always a bonus!. :)

And a cruise ship is a great place to wear a tiara. I just did a trip to Disney World with my 11-yr old Granddaughter and youngest DD ... we wore tiaras nearly everywhere ... great fun. I'm strongly thinking I need to pack it for my Alaska cruise in July.

Lol....you go girl!!!! wear that Tiara :D Enjoy your Alaska cruise and pray for me this August...I appreciate your advise and will take my Dramamine at bedtime. ;)