Beverage List

rayjames7

There is no standard list -- a few regulars but the wines change often depending on contracts and availability. Current cruise a nice Malbec and both the Wingspan and Oyster Bay sauv blAnc. Also a Pinot noir, Santa margarita Pinot Grigio , cotes du Rhone, dry reisling and of course many lovely Bordeaux we picked up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And the champagne is extremely likely to be Nicolas Feuillatte, far from my favourite, but drinkable when raising a glass in celebration.

Nicolas Feuillatte passed away about a month ago (http://www.winespectator.com/webfeature/show/id/50407). He built a very large business. We visited the production facility last year. The tour was very intersting as the facility is huge. Nothing like the houses with caves in many parts of France. The blue label non vintage that Seabourn serves has improved over the last few years.

On our 2013 cruise on the Pride we were able to get a bottle of our current favorite (2002 Taittinger Champagne Brut Blanc de Blancs Comtes de Champagne) for $50 cheaper than our local source in California.

I'm not TOO picky about champagne. Maybe a Canard Duchene. :) LOL

So, let me ask this. Do I understand from a post above that the complimentary champagne might not be your favorite but that other selections are available at a "reduced premium"?

Yes, the only complimentary champagne is generally NF, unless it runs out when, rumour has it, it may be replaced by a better substitute!

I'm afraid that I have never investigated the champagnes on the 'to buy' list, but oxypete clearly has valuable experience here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, the only complimentary champagne is generally NF, unless it runs out when, rumour has it, it may be replaced by a better substitute!

This happened to me once on Odyssey in 2011; the replacement was G.H. Mumm (the real champagne, not the California version), which was better than NF. NF is, however, perfectly drinkable.

I'm afraid that I have never investigated the champagnes on the 'to buy' list, but oxypete clearly has valuable experience here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This speaks to the advantages of toasting early and often! My lovely fiancee and I will be moneyhooning on the Odyssey in May, so I invite anyone else aboard to ask for the bubbly!! :)

Would anyone happen to have a current list of the complimentary beverages , wines, spirits etc on board? Particularly interested in the champagnes, wines and after dinners...thx in advance!

The complimentary champagne is sadly (so very, very, very sadly) NF as others have mentioned. The wines can and do change by cruise. After dinner drinks are generally very limited (their 'house' sauterne, the lowest level Grand Mariner/port/etc...)

Spirits seem to be a function of what has been left behind as well as the 'regulars'. Sorry never have seen a full wine or spirit list yet.

Edited by Emperor Norton

When we took our first cruise on board Sojourn last year there was a little niggle in the back of my mind concerning the inclusive drinks. Did "premium" brands mean anything I'd actually heard of and judging by many of the comments on here I was expecting the house wine offerings to be not only disgusting but also limited to that day's recommendation from the cellar.

I'm no conneseur, I enjoy a good Pouilly Fuisse or a Montrachet and unsurprisingly neither were offered f.o.c but there was a perfectly drinkable Louis Latour Chardonnay which David or Paul the ever present "think drink and we're there" guys were happy to serve in place of whatever was being presented that night. In fact after a couple of days I didn't even have to ask, it was there waiting for me. If I wanted to try something else a glass was found instantly and it was no trouble at all.

Similarly spirits and cocktails around the ship - Portuguese guy who's name escapes me but he's into his old Fords back home in the Observation lounge pre-dinner was a one man hurricane when it came to keeping everyone happy and topped up.

Yes, a Louis XIII is going to relieve you of a few dollars but even then the group buying power of the Carnival empire helps soften the blow compared to some land based establishments.

Like music & women (or men!), we all have our favourites but I don't think you will go wanting on board.

Henry :)

We have booked our first Seabourn cruise for next year. We have enjoyed Regent and Oceania's Riviera in the past but are excited to experience what Seabourn has to offer. On another thread it was mentioned that the in suite alcohol options were a bit limited but one could request off the list. I enjoy Highland Park Malt whiskey which is a relatively standard decent malt. Can anyone advise if requesting a bottle will be problematic and the picture of one of the bars doesn't show Highland Park. Is it available on the ship or could I request it. I know it's a bit of a first world problem but I would quite like to enjoy my favourite tipple.

We were on the Spirit earlier this month and yes, the Champagne was NF. However we purchased Perrier Jouet onboard for only 33US dollars and Heidseck for only 39- very reasonable. House wine was very good on the whole, Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc, some good chardonnay, Pouilly Fuisse and a very nice Petit Chablis. There was also a delicious Pinot Noir.

The Premium wine list was very pricey however and the house wine so drinkable that other than the champagne we didn't bother.

Re. Spririts - my husband was impressed with the whiskey selection and some very good brands were available as part of the house selection. I know there was one called Macallan and I think a Glendiddich. There was also a wide selection of gin, including Tanqueray.

Yes, a Louis XIII is going to relieve you of a few dollars but even then the group buying power of the Carnival empire helps soften the blow compared to some land based establishments.

Be wary other passengers who try to get into a bidding war over the last pour of the Louis XIII;)

Be wary other passengers who try to get into a bidding war over the last pour of the Louis XIII;)

Cognac is one of those tastes that I've never liked, along with whisky. So when it comes to that last drop I won't be bidding. Neither will daughter Emily - possibly a strange alliance, purveyors of fine after dinner drinks and the welcome children on board foundation. "More booze for you" will be our motto :)