paying for an upgrade after final payment question

melsmom303

ok i was just wondering if anybody would know the answer to this. i have a bx balcony cabin already assigned. i actually like the location. so it not that i dont like my guarantee. i was just looking at rates now and for a little more mony i can upgrade to a mini or spa balcony. my question is do i pay the difference between what i paid and the price of the upgrade or because the cabin i paid for is now less money do i get the credit for that amount and then pay the difference off that. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I switched from an assigned studio to a GTY BX and paid the $24 difference. My original OBC of $12.50 was changed to the current promotion $50 OBC. It was after final payment so I had to wait on the phone for about 25 minutes until supervisor approved the change. Very pleased with my cabin assignment, and can't wait to board in 3 weeks. Good luck with your upgrade!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

they want me to pay the full difference in price whitch would be 260. 00 for the 2 of us. no free upgrades or any discount and there is still tons of spa balconys left so im just gonna keep my eye on pricing throughout the week cause i am happy with my cabin anyway so ill see if the price drops any more. :o

Our final payment was in mi-August and I have been watching the prices go up and down and back again, sometimes changing during the day. I got to where I would check the website 2-3 times a day and it has paid off. Started with an inside but at near its' highest price before final. By just emailing my great PCC, we moved to a mid-ship porthole for $40 extra, later to a balcony for no extra and now in a mini-suite for no extra! On our forth set of edocs and luggage tags but not complaining. You just need to catch it when the next category drops to the same or lower price of the original booking. Leave in 9 days!

I usually check twice a day for my upcoming cruise;

Last year the upgrade was the difference between my original rate and the reduced newer rate.

Do they always calculate the upgrade fee this way; or are they ever more generous if there are openings? In other words, I know what my upgrade cost appears to be at this moment, but it is it worth calling them?

I usually check twice a day for my upcoming cruise;

Last year the upgrade was the difference between my original rate and the reduced newer rate.

Do they always calculate the upgrade fee this way; or are they ever more generous if there are openings? In other words, I know what my upgrade cost appears to be at this moment, but it is it worth calling them?

When I emailed my PCC, he was always great about responding, never sounded like I was being a pain. If the going rate was more than I originally paid, he gave no break. Once I needed to pay $40, another time he stated it would be $340 more, exactly as the math would indicate. I passed on that one and several days later it dropped to where it was less than what I had paid to date and got it for free. I have not however gotten any difference as OBC for a negative difference but am very happy with the upgrades.

Today we were able to change from a mini suite to a spa mini suite. My TA called, it was $200 total to upgrade, he was able to keep our $70 latitudes OBC and he doubled his OBC from $50 to $100. So basically we get the spa for a total of $150! So excited!

We are past final payment so I was surprised we did not lose our latitudes OBC.

Edited by dizneydawn