Platinum member "Chocholate Delight"

cruiseelady

Yeah, I wouldn''t be surprised if they are phasing them out slowly as I didn't get them this last week on the breeze 8 day either. I don't even have a player's club account so there could be no mixup there. They probably didn't give them out and figured some people just wouldn't notice. How much does it cost them to cover 4 strawberries in chocolate sauce and send a couple cookies up to the cabin on a plate? Seriously. Then again on chocolate bonanza day on the last sea day, they didn't even have strawberries for the person to dip in the chocolate fountain either. OK...... but they did have donuts that they would dip in the fountain for you. :confused: Then again they tried to charge us for free wash and fold platinum laundry also, and we had to go to guest services to get that taken off so......lol.

Sounds like a complete mixup for you on this cruise. Perhaps they didn't have you on the list of Platinums? An admin error on Carnival's end?

When you fill out your form for the laundry, do you write Platinum right across the bottom where the total charge is? That's what I do and never had any problems. Some ships have the forms for Platinum/Diamond so easier but if not just write Platinum right across the bottom.

Sounds like a complete mixup for you on this cruise. Perhaps they didn't have you on the list of Platinums? An admin error on Carnival's end?

When you fill out your form for the laundry, do you write Platinum right across the bottom where the total charge is? That's what I do and never had any problems. Some ships have the forms for Platinum/Diamond so easier but if not just write Platinum right across the bottom.

Who knows for sure? They had us down as platinums because we did get the free drink offers, the vifp club party invitation, the toiletry bags and everything else plats get but for some reason they messed up on the strawberries and the laundry. My mom, who has twice as many cruises as me and has done the laundry thing numerous times, took care of everything and she said she marked platinum and was told by our steward it would be free. Then we saw the $15 charge on the room tv account viewer and she had to go to GS to get the charge refunded. The only thing I can think of there is that the sail and sign account charge program shows up differently on the room television than it does at guest services but if there's a discrepancy in that, it should be fixed because it is very confusing. It may possibly show charges on the room tv that don't actually exist which is a problem.

i do not care for them. They don't taste good. The strawberries are too big and too sour. The cookies are not good. That is my opinion. I would rather have something else.

And before I get flamed, I like the food on Carnival. I like the food in the MDR and on the Lido. We usually dine at the Steak house, Once at least, and if an Italian restaurant is on the ship.......ditto. We have not sailed on The Sunshine so no Asian. We like the Pizza. The Ice Cream. Guy Fiari's burgers...........I patronize Cherry on Top. I patronize the cookie/ coffee bar. I never complained about school lunches. I can eat in Cafeterias. I am not a food snob.

Anyone else that would like something else? Coupon for a drink at any time? Free slice of Cake at the Coffee/Cookie bar? Nice gesture. Just does not taste good. Carnival has some of the best chocolate chip cookies in the world. Why not a cookie tray? REAL cookies. Or Cake. Or fruit.

Not a fan of them either. I preferred the the other savoury plate we used to get. However since most people complained about it, they cut that and kept the sweet plate. I would prefer a cheese plate. Guess they can't please everyone.

Perhaps but that's still a pretty bad oversight. I don't blame the cabin steward either as it's not really his job to go find the treats to deliver to the cabin but somebody messed up. I don't really like the macaroons and the truffles are too sweet for me but it's still a good little perk to have. And yeah, the fridge in a cove balcony room is large enough to put a plate into but it was stocked full of soda and beer for sale by Carnival, like a mini bar. Barely had room to store my bottle of white wine. haha. The goodies will keep just fine for a while if left on the counter most of the time but the plate does take up a lot of space.

You're right. It's not your room steward's job. Room Service is responsible for delivering them so in the future, if you don't get them, call room service.

You're right. It's not your room steward's job. Room Service is responsible for delivering them so in the future, if you don't get them, call room service.

Thanks for the info. Overall it was a pretty nice cruise vacation for me and I can't wait to start writing an epic review in the next few days. There were just a few things that Carnival could improve on when it comes to taking care of their platinum customers.

Not a fan of them either. I preferred the the other savoury plate we used to get. However since most people complained about it, they cut that and kept the sweet plate. I would prefer a cheese plate. Guess they can't please everyone.

I would enjoy cheese and crackers, or cheese and fruit.....SO much more. And as my husband is a diabetic who controls the diease with diet and exercise ( has to take pills), it is not there to tempt him. And he is a grown up and would NEVER complain, but a lot of Plats are older. And sometimes challenged on sweets. A small plate with cheese, fruit and crackers.......Everyone should be able to guilt free enjoy at least one of the snacks.

And it is a very nice gesture from Carnival. I don't want to sound like a whiner, but I am whining, I guess. And I admit...on the Lido deck, for lunch, I do fill a small plate with their cubed cheese, chopped fresh fruit....and a roll or slice of bread. Totallty delicious. And after......some chocolate chip cookies. To..me, that is ....a Great Lunch. A treat. And everything was Pre chopped.Pre peeled. Pre baked. Lovely

Edited by AmberTeka

I would enjoy cheese and crackers, or cheese and fruit.....SO much more. And as my husband is a diabetic who controls the diease with diet and exercise ( has to take pills), it is not there to tempt him. And he is a grown up and would NEVER complain, but a lot of Plats are older. And sometimes challenged on sweets. A small plate with cheese, fruit and crackers.......Everyone should be able to guilt free enjoy at least one of the snacks.

And it is a very nice gesture from Carnival. I don't want to sound like a whiner, but I am whining, I guess. And I admit...on the Lido deck, for lunch, I do fill a small plate with their cubed cheese, chopped fresh fruit....and a roll or slice of bread. Totallty delicious. And after......some chocolate chip cookies. To..me, that is ....a Great Lunch. A treat. And everything was Pre chopped.Pre peeled. Pre baked. Lovely

You're right. A lot of us are the older guests and there are a lot who are diabetic so the sweet plate is not a good perk. Like you, most of us are appreciative of the perk and that's why we tend not to complain or whine and that's why Carnival does not know what we would really prefer...lol.

Thanks for the info. Overall it was a pretty nice cruise vacation for me and I can't wait to start writing an epic review in the next few days. There were just a few things that Carnival could improve on when it comes to taking care of their platinum customers.

Looking forward to reading your review. Love reading them and getting other's perspective of my favorite ship.

What bugs me is that if there are more than one platinum cruiser - there should be more than one plate or a few more on the plate than if only one.

So if you have two rooms book - and only two platinum - if they are in separate cabins you get two plates but if they are in the same room - only one of the same chocolate plate.

I haven't sailed since they switched out the chocolate bark. Which sometimes looked like someone had already bitten off a bite. I felt like on our last cruise that the chocolate plate had the leftovers or not as pretty pieces used in dining room. Those strawberries are tiny compared to the ones they sell you.

Yeah, I wouldn''t be surprised if they are phasing them out slowly as I didn't get them this last week on the breeze 8 day either. I don't even have a player's club account so there could be no mixup there. They probably didn't give them out and figured some people just wouldn't notice. How much does it cost them to cover 4 strawberries in chocolate sauce and send a couple cookies up to the cabin on a plate? Seriously. Then again on chocolate bonanza day on the last sea day, they didn't even have strawberries for the person to dip in the chocolate fountain either. OK...... but they did have donuts that they would dip in the fountain for you. :confused: Then again they tried to charge us for free wash and fold platinum laundry also, and we had to go to guest services to get that taken off so......lol.

I have an answer to your question. I was looking though the Fun shop on carnival website, thinking of ordering something for my November sailing and found the exact picture that was posted on this thread of the "chocolate delight" for $12.50.

589181749_Chocolate_Delight_Zoomjpg.jpg.1c200b004768d826845914656970d3d8.jpg