Vibe on Getaway

gaiamother

We got the Vibe passes when we were on in May- managed to get one of the 5 cabanas, interestingly, only one other couple was up there the WHOLE week using their cabana. (and we were there every day, quite a bit, at all hours) You really have to be on board pretty quickly to get one of the passes- the bartenders were great, the hot tubs were great, and the remainder of the area was never truly full, but there is not much shade. If you are a sun worshipper this is fine, if not, ......

We enjoyed it-

There is no pool in Spice H2O only a water feature.

We just had Cabana #3 on Breakaway in Vibe. BEST thing we ever did.

We hardly ever saw anyone else up there, maybe 10 people max at any given time.

We never saw anyone in any of the other cabanas and we spent a ton of time in ours.

it's the only way I would sail again outside of the Haven.

Can anyone tell me if there is any other adult only place with pool and jacuzzi on the getaway beside the vibe... One we don't have to pay for like on the epic.??

Just an FYI... there is no pool in Vibe nor Spice H20. If you are looking to buy into VIBE for a place to swim or cool off, you will be disappointed.

Thanks so much for the feedback!! Looks like we're going to be getting to the port by 9:30 then:). T

I got there at 8:30 and was in boarding group #1 for gold/platinum.

I literally race-walked on board straight to guest services and got #3. The 2 couples in line behind me got 4 and 5 then they were sold out of cabanas. At that time the person handing out the vibe passes was about 1/2 way thru his stack.

• 3 weeks later...

We will be embarking on the Getaway on Nov 15. I've been wanting to get a cabana from the minute I read about them 5 months ago. We are silver members, do you think we will get a shot at a cabana? I think the earliest we can board is noon. Should we get there sooner? Also, can you tell me if they offer food and beverage service? I know you get a credit, bit do you have an attendant or do we have to head to the bar every time we want a drink or order food?

Thanks!

We will be embarking on the Getaway on Nov 15. I've been wanting to get a cabana from the minute I read about them 5 months ago. We are silver members, do you think we will get a shot at a cabana? I think the earliest we can board is noon. Should we get there sooner? Also, can you tell me if they offer food and beverage service? I know you get a credit, bit do you have an attendant or do we have to head to the bar every time we want a drink or order food?

Thanks!

We arrived at the dock by 9:30 and got group one. We got the 2nd of 5 cabanas. They sold out really fast. If you're heart is set on a cabana I would get there early! No food only skewers of fruit, no private attendant for cabanas. The staff is really great up there though. Say hello to Lovell:). Have a great cruise, we just got off a week ago. If you head to the Raw Bar, our favorite, please tell Rondell, the chef, that Tanya and Michael Sharkey say hello:).

T

Edited by gaiamother

We arrived at the dock by 9:30 and got group one. We got the 2nd of 5 cabanas. They sold out really fast. If you're heart is set on a cabana I would get there early! No food only skewers of fruit, no private attendant for cabanas. The staff is really great up there though. Say hello to Lovell:). Have a great cruise, we just got off a week ago. If you head to the Raw Bar, our favorite, please tell Rondell, the chef, that Tanya and Michael Sharkey say hello:).

T

Thank you so much for the information! I'll definitely pass along the greetings. You don't have relatives on the West Coast by chance do you? My mom knew a Sharkey growing up in CA.

Thank you so much for the information! I'll definitely pass along the greetings. You don't have relatives on the West Coast by chance do you? My mom knew a Sharkey growing up in CA.

No, hubby's family is from MI and PN, but we have A Lot of friends out west, moving there next spring!

No, hubby's family is from MI and PN, but we have A Lot of friends out west, moving there next spring!

That's exciting! I think you'll like the weather. Most people do. Not enough rain for me though (we are in a really serious drought). And it's crowded. But there is always something to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not on the Getaway until next September....but I had to pipe in about the Michigan connection. I went to High School with Joe S....any relation??

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app