Questions about Choice Air + New Promo?

Can someone clue me in on how Choice Air works? I seen the new promo today saying you get 5% extra off and 5 bonus points if you book the cruise and choice air, but it has to be done by the end of the month.

I did a "fake" booking on choice air for around the time of our cruise we already booked (thought about adding a back to back, but it said nothing found... the cruise isn't until Dec. 2015.

So can you only book it when it gets closer to the cruise date an if so how does that affect t his deal since you can't book it in the time frame?

And another question does the promo work on 3 night cruises? I didn't see it say anywhere.

I just got off the phone with them and the girl I talked to said that she thinks it would be ok.

As long as you book your cruise before the 31st and use the promo it will keep a record on your account and when you book choice air the 5% will come off the total and you will be eligible for the points even if it's close to cruise time.

She also told me 3 nights should be alright as long as it's not Anthem or Quantum.

That was the response I got in case anyone else needed to know.

If anyone else has a different experience let me know (she did have to look up alot of the info and guess so she could be wrong, but she seemed real nice and it seems ok).

I have found no advantage to using Choice Air. You can book the same flights yourself and not have to pay the fee they charge to use Choice Air.

There is generally no price advantage to using Choice Air for domestic flights. However, we have found significant price advantage in using Choice Air for one-way overseas flights.

I was just interested because of the bonus points, we don't get to cruise as much as we would like to due to my husband only getting 1 week off a year and working 6 days a week and we really would love to higher up with C & A and with the new promo it intrigued me.

Can someone clue me in on how Choice Air works? I seen the new promo today saying you get 5% extra off and 5 bonus points if you book the cruise and choice air, but it has to be done by the end of the month.

I did a "fake" booking on choice air for around the time of our cruise we already booked (thought about adding a back to back, but it said nothing found... the cruise isn't until Dec. 2015.

So can you only book it when it gets closer to the cruise date an if so how does that affect t his deal since you can't book it in the time frame?

And another question does the promo work on 3 night cruises? I didn't see it say anywhere.

I just did several fake Choice Air bookings using December 2015 as sail date, using several different ships, and found air for all of them. Did you change the year to 2015, and then below it you'll pick the sail date. Like someone mentioned, if it's a domestic flight, you are better off booking through the airline. One way transatlantics are a steal. I have my fifth one in a couple of weeks, and in all cases, I probably paid less than 1/3 of what I could find otherwise. October 11, Phoenix to Barcelona Spain, $509 p.p., taxes and fees included.

Using your ship, dates, and departure city, I got the same results as you. Since it's all in the U.S., I think you can do much better booking right through the air line of your choice. I think you can more than make up the 5% they will give you. I wouldn't be in any hurry to book air that far in advance, especially if it's a nonrefundable fare.

I have found no advantage to using Choice Air. You can book the same flights yourself and not have to pay the fee they charge to use Choice Air.

No advantage to domestic flights, but a BIG advantage when booking international flights (both R/T and one way) through Choice Air. And the fee is waived once for Platinum and above C&A members.

Edited by cruisenfever

No advantage to domestic flights, but a BIG advantage when booking international flights (both R/T and one way) through Choice Air. And the fee is waived once for Platinum and above C&A members.

I know everyone keeps saying Choice Air is good for booking international flights but I found this to not be true in my case. Last year I flew R/T to Venice with 4 friends. All 4 of them used Choice Air at a cost of $1400/pp. As soon as they told me which flight they had booked I booked the same flight on my own for $1200.....all flying together from the same city. We all booked our flights on the same day. No explanation for this but I found it strange.