Jewel misc. photos from around the ship

Floridanamaw

http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/vrjordan/slideshow/

I have spent a good part of today trying to upload photos for this forum. This is the best I can do. I'm tired and can't get anything else to upload right.

I have a TON of pictures from our ports I will have to work on over the weekend.

I hope this link works for everyone.

Great pictures!!! I've sailed on the Jewel twice.

How did you like that ship? I don't have a lot to compare her to, but dh really, really liked the layout on her. And the size seemed perfect for us.

Our favorite areas to hang out were at the Great Outdoors on the back of the ship. Often when we wanted to grab a quick bite to eat, we would grab something there at the little buffet there, and eat outside. So very relaxing.

We also loved hanging out at the Spinnaker Lounge during the day when it was pretty peaceful and quiet. We loved the big curved bed/loungers. So comfy and great gazing out to sea while relaxing. A great place for a nap!

We had great weather, so another favorite spot was on the very front of the ship -- laying in a lounge chair. The plexi-glass barrier blocked the cool wind, so it was perfect. We got to that place early on the Sawyer Glacier day, and had the most perfect spot to stay in for a few hours viewing the magnificent scenery! It was pretty darned cold that day, though!! Ha!

The only place I had a hard time navigating to was Tsar's Palace. Darned if I would get mixed up and get lost going there. I think because it was sort of on a deck, but down a small flight of stairs, actually placing it on the deck below????

Anyway, we love the Jewel and her sister ship, the Pearl!!!

Great pictures!!! I've sailed on the Jewel twice.

How did you like that ship? I don't have a lot to compare her to, but dh really, really liked the layout on her. And the size seemed perfect for us.

Our favorite areas to hang out were at the Great Outdoors on the back of the ship. Often when we wanted to grab a quick bite to eat, we would grab something there at the little buffet there, and eat outside. So very relaxing.

We also loved hanging out at the Spinnaker Lounge during the day when it was pretty peaceful and quiet. We loved the big curved bed/loungers. So comfy and great gazing out to sea while relaxing. A great place for a nap!

We had great weather, so another favorite spot was on the very front of the ship -- laying in a lounge chair. The plexi-glass barrier blocked the cool wind, so it was perfect. We got to that place early on the Sawyer Glacier day, and had the most perfect spot to stay in for a few hours viewing the magnificent scenery! It was pretty darned cold that day, though!! Ha!

The only place I had a hard time navigating to was Tsar's Palace. Darned if I would get mixed up and get lost going there. I think because it was sort of on a deck, but down a small flight of stairs, actually placing it on the deck below????

Anyway, we love the Jewel and her sister ship, the Pearl!!!

We liked the layout of the ship also. Easy to get around although I got turned around so many times. I knew what deck I was on but never could remember which way I needed to go. We just laughed and would make a U turn and go the other way.

We found several area to just sit and people watch and listen to music. Most of the time it was just one of the seats looking out a window close to Fyzz.

We had a balcony so just stayed on it the morning we went into Tracy Arm and to Sawyer Glacier. It was nice just to be able to step inside for a few minutes and warm up. It was quite cool that morning!

We also discovered the small serving area at the Great Outdoors but mostly for breakfast. We ended up eating most of the time inside at La Cucina which they opened up for breakfast overflow from the buffet area.

We really enjoyed our cruise and all the ports we went to. Hopefully we can do it again one of these days.