To loath or hate?

I'm coordinating a family trip of 8 for the 12/20/14 sail date.

It's a surprise birthday gift for my husband. So everything must be done on the side, computers cleared etc.

After many tries online, and two telephone calls (I got to know Kitty and Heather very well)to RC I have most nights booked for us dining around 6(1 diabetic and 2 small kids) throughout their restaurants.

I go online today and nothing is showing up....

I'm really starting to hate this trip before I even go on it.

What a nice surprise gift for your DH! Did you get an email confirming those reservations from either Kitty or Heather? The system has been frustrating for many of us. We also had to call to book dinner times and also to get one of the shows booked..the rep sent us an email confirmation and all of our reservations did show up on our edocs.

Sure hope things work out for you!

I'm coordinating a family trip of 8 for the 12/20/14 sail date.

It's a surprise birthday gift for my husband. So everything must be done on the side, computers cleared etc.

After many tries online, and two telephone calls (I got to know Kitty and Heather very well)to RC I have most nights booked for us dining around 6(1 diabetic and 2 small kids) throughout their restaurants.

I go online today and nothing is showing up....

I'm really starting to hate this trip before I even go on it.

Look for the email confirmation in your spam folder.

I do have the emails (hidden away). Do these trump anything else?

I've never done a RC trip before so I'm very worried. My mother-in-law cruises frequently and is used to main dining rituals and wanted us to sit together at 6. So working this group of 8 into all the right places was a feat!

I do have the emails (hidden away). Do these trump anything else?

I've never done a RC trip before so I'm very worried. My mother-in-law cruises frequently and is used to main dining rituals and wanted us to sit together at 6. So working this group of 8 into all the right places was a feat!

If the email indicates in the subject *Cruise Planner Summary*, that would be confirmation for your dining. Try not to stress, Dynamic Dining and the Cruise Summary Planner was new to all of us. Don't know if you looking in the right place on line for your dining reservations. You can call Royal and ask if they can assist you at 800-526-9723.

I understand your problem so I will share with you how I got my answer.

Note - I just tried this and the RCI web site can not display my reservation at this time (surprised?) but here, in general, is how I get my information. I really wanted to confirm every step before writing this - sorry.

1. Login to the web site. It should take you to the "My Cruises" screen.

2. Click on your reservation. It should be on the right hand side.

3, Here is where it gets odd. Find the link where you make dinner reservations and click on it. No, we are not going to make any reservations - just going to that reservation screen.

4. At the top of the screen there should be a tab for "My Calendar" or similar wording. Click on that tab.

The system will now display your day-by-day itinerary along with your dinner reservations. You can then print the screen. That is how I confirmed my reservations.

I apologize in advance if I missed any steps because I am trying to remember this from an old memory. :)

Hal

Okay, so I checked today and the reservations are back on my calendar.

However, on the main page it says 4 reservations (next to were you click modify) when I have 5. Should that be a concern?

Also, some of my reservations can be modified on the calendar page and some don't have that option which is fine but why?

Okay, so I checked today and the reservations are back on my calendar.

However, on the main page it says 4 reservations (next to were you click modify) when I have 5. Should that be a concern?

Also, some of my reservations can be modified on the calendar page and some don't have that option which is fine but why?

If you have made 5 reservations in 4 different restaurants it will say '4 reservations'. I have made 14 dining reservations for our cruise eating in only 3 restaurants and it states that I have only 3 reservations. Don't worry about this as I have read another thread where lots of other Quantum and Anthem cruisers have said the same thing.

Edited by floridaglen