Ft. Lauderdale to Miami?

Wiseask

In January 2015, my wife and I are flying to Ft. Lauderdale the afternoon before our Eclipse cruise leaves from Miami (unfortunately, Southwest Airlines does not fly from our hometown to Miami). We will have four large suitcases plus carry-ons. The children of Israel left Egypt with less luggage.

Please let me know the easiest and least expensive way to get from the airport in Fr. Lauderdale to our hotel in Miami. Does Celebrity provide shuttle service, and if so, the day before the cruise? If not, what are the alternatives?

Thanks.

In January 2015, my wife and I are flying to Ft. Lauderdale the afternoon before our Eclipse cruise leaves from Miami (unfortunately, Southwest Airlines does not fly from our hometown to Miami). We will have four large suitcases plus carry-ons. The children of Israel left Egypt with less luggage.

Please let me know the easiest and least expensive way to get from the airport in Fr. Lauderdale to our hotel in Miami. Does Celebrity provide shuttle service, and if so, the day before the cruise? If not, what are the alternatives?

Thanks.

Hi Wiseask,

My Dad and I are cruising Reflection January 10 in January. Flying from Buffalo to FLL (direct flight) and need transport to Miami CruisePort. We are going to try these guys.

http://www.ridesas.com/sasreserve.php

Good Luck!

HTP

:cool:

Thanks.

SW does not fly into Miami period. Definitely SAS great service, great employees. I won't bore you with stories that they've gone beyond the call of duty.

Good to read that SAS provides "great service" as we are flying SW from Baltimore to Ft. Lauderdale and are using SAS to take us from our Ft. Lauderdale hotel to the Port of Miami to board the Eclipse next month and from Port of Miami to the Ft. Lauderdale airport at the end of the cruise.

We had a bad experience with Easy Express, who took our full payment, and would not return it when we cancelled after reading bad reviews. They indicated a month to return our payment, which did not happen, and we only got our $$$ back because we filed a dispute through our credit card company. Easy Express never responded, and the credit card company, not Easy Express, reimbursed us.

I'm not sure if SAS operates in the afternoon or if they will take you to a Miami hotel. They seem to do pretty specific routes. Other options are Go Shuttle, Super Shuttle, and Larry's Limos.

Edited by royalcruz

Does anyone know if these would work to go from the Port of Ft. Lauderdale to the Port of Miami? We're looking at possibly getting off of one ship and onto another. Trying to figure out if there's a cheaper/better option out there for 3 people. Thanks!

We used the Tri-Rail last January to travel between Miami airport and our hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. Our situation was the reverse of the OP--we had to fly into Miami and cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. The Tri Rail is very inexpensive and clean. We had no problem taking our very large suitcases on the train. Here is a phone #(800) 874-7245 & http://www.tri-rail.com/

Does anyone know if these would work to go from the Port of Ft. Lauderdale to the Port of Miami? We're looking at possibly getting off of one ship and onto another. Trying to figure out if there's a cheaper/better option out there for 3 people. Thanks!

In your situation, I would take a cab to the FLL airport for about $15-$20, then SAS or a similar company to Port of Miami. Total cost will be $60-65.

Thanks.

If you are staying at a downtown Miami hotel, SAS may decline to transport you since it is outside of their normal time of operation. I usually stay in a Ft Lauderdale hotel, then catch SAS to the port the next morning before the cruise.

...Please let me know the easiest and least expensive way ...

Easiest would be a taxi.

Least expensive would probably be a shuttle. Google "shuttle" along with either Ft. Lauderdale, Miami and you'll find a bunch of them. Call a few for rates and more info on pickup times and such. Be aware that if it is a shared shuttle you may have a wait for pickup and intermediate stops so ask about this when you call. You can also check out the Florida departures forum here on Cruise Critic to look for similar questions or to ask the question there: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Edited by Lsimon

Stay in a hotel near FLL and have SAS transport you in the morning. That's going to be your least expensive option.

I'm in agreement with MonaCK. I'm staying near FLL upon arrival. SAS picking us up morning of cruise and taking us to MIA CruiseTerminal. Reverse upon debarkation. $15 pp. Given the increase in hotel rates between MIA and FLL it still works out cheaper than staying near CruiseTerminal.

Very reliable http://www.arieslimousines.com

If you are staying at a downtown Miami hotel, SAS may decline to transport you since it is outside of their normal time of operation. I usually stay in a Ft Lauderdale hotel, then catch SAS to the port the next morning before the cruise.

If I remember right, you are OK with downtown but not SoBe. A simple call or email will definitely do it. They have returned my emails quickly. On my last trip to SoBe, I just rented a town car. A bit more but I hate shared vans to SoBe as you risk taking forever to get somewhere.

Also flying SW Air to FLL ...after we collect luggage we go to the shared ride shuttle with luggage...usually 2 bags each..They definitely go to Miami hotels, No advance ressie needed

Sometimes we have to wait for other riders and stops at other hotels...sometimes not.

After the cruise we are doing self disembark and grabbing a taxi...we have a tight schedule for return flight, so extra cost is worth it,

Edited by hcat

Also flying SW Air to FLL ...after we collect luggage we go to the shared ride shuttle with luggage...usually 2 bags each..They definitely go to Miami hotels, No advance ressie needed

What, where and how much is she "shared ride shuttle"? Specifically, who operates it, where does it pick up passengers, how much does it cost, and how can I contact them in advance (like by phone or e-mail) if I have questions?

Thanks.

Sorry I can't recall the cost...try the cruise critic Port Bd for Fla departures...they will have an answer for you in no time, and the amount of luggage you can take without extra fee...

no need to pre-reserve..exit air terminal and asked for shared shuttle line...don't know if u can pre reserve or get a van or pvt shuttle from same area????

we have done this at least 3 times to Holiday Inn Bayside...once no one showed up so it was just us Another time one other couple going to another hotel..we were the first stop. Last time quite a full shuttle, went ..to South Beach hotels first , so we got a tour before getting to our hotel...we plan to to this in Nov ..Sw air to Fll to Holiday Inn Bayside.,....

Edited by hcat

PS if you google FLL shared shuttle there are a few listings.....among them Go shuttle...that has options and rates and where to meet..and can also reserve.,

est for So Bch was 25 pp...2 bags but suggest you look into it more...we just go outside and line up!

Good luck..enjoy your cruise!

Sometimes we have to wait for other riders and stops at other hotels...sometimes not.

After the cruise we are doing self disembark and grabbing a taxi...we have a tight schedule for return flight, so extra cost is worth it,

When doing self disembark, what time are you usually off the ship? What is best? Grabbing a taxi at the port or schedule a car service for pick up? We will be at Port Everglades and flying out of MIA. We plan to self disembark. Disembark day is on a Monday, if that matters. Thanks!

When doing self disembark, what time are you usually off the ship? What is best? Grabbing a taxi at the port or schedule a car service for pick up? We will be at Port Everglades and flying out of MIA. We plan to self disembark. Disembark day is on a Monday, if that matters. Thanks!

..we have only done self disembark and taxi once before & that was Port of Miami, off Navigator of Seas to Miami airport...

Best to seek advice on Fla departures board,,...or hope someone else can assist on this thread,,,good luck

I'm in agreement with MonaCK. I'm staying near FLL upon arrival. SAS picking us up morning of cruise and taking us to MIA CruiseTerminal. Reverse upon debarkation. $15 pp. Given the increase in hotel rates between MIA and FLL it still works out cheaper than staying near CruiseTerminal.

I 2Nd that too! SAS notes on their website which hotels they serve.... We are doing same into FLL then Eclipse next day Miami - they will pick us up at hotel & take to ship - then return trip back to airport or hotel - $25 pp each way.... Less RT than 1way using taxi. (Lots less!) Sherri

When doing self disembark, what time are you usually off the ship? What is best? Grabbing a taxi at the port or schedule a car service for pick up? We will be at Port Everglades and flying out of MIA. We plan to self disembark. Disembark day is on a Monday, if that matters.

We always self disembark. We check car service rates & taxi rates to decide... Doing shuttle this time because from port of Miami to FLL airport.... (Above)