Kids Club Attire? What do kids wear?

SavvyMama

First time cruiser - We are sailing the Getaway next week and I'm trying to figure out clothes and packing for our three children. What do most kids wear to the kids club?

I am thinking I will put them in their swimsuits in the mornings with tshirts/sundresses layered over so that they will be ready to go to lunch and then straight to the pool/waterslides without us having to go back to the room after we pick them up for lunch at Noon. Then after pool later in the evening head back to the room for showers and change into more dressy dress/shorts/collared shirts for dinner and after dinner activities. So . . . two outfits a day. Is that about right?

Thanks in advance!

That's exactly what I do for our boys. They each have 2 bathing suits, so they never have to put on a wet bathing suit...which makes them cranky :). For the kids club, I always send them in T-shirts and shorts, with socks and running shoes. There are sports and cooperative games which will explicitly state that running shoes are required, though I've never seen anyone turned away.

As for dinner clothes, I find we can get at least 2 nights out of shorts and a few shirts get 2 nights of wear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T-shirt and shorts. I wouldn't send the girls in sundresses, unless you want them to wear shorts underneath. These kids PLAY, not just sit around looking pretty. My son only did waterslides 2 different days, and never got in the pool other than embarkation day, so he never wore swim trunks around. He'd have on his shorts and tennis shoes, so he was already ready to hop on the ropes course.

Edited by LrgPizza

Just off the Getaway. ..our 6 and 8 year olds loved the Splash Academy! The counselors are awesome!! They have the kids remove their shoes when they enter, but have them put them back on for some games. Also, just a note, the last night was a pajama party....kids are welcome to come to the evening session dressed in pj's.

Edited by acmama901

Thank you so much for these answers. I'm so happy to hear so many loved the Splash Academy - our kids are really looking forward to playing and having fun there (and my husband and I are looking forward to some couples time while they play!)

Splash Academy was awesome this past week on Breakaway! My girls 7&9 had a blast and we were all thrilled that they were in the same age group. They usually wore shorts/tshirts. I didn't like the idea of them being there in dresses. But some girls did. My girls usually wore flip flops and never had an issue. I really liked pj night, last night! I packed up before getting ready to go to dinner. It was wonderful being able to pack everything except clothes for today. I'm sure this is a big reason why they do that!