Royal Caribbean removes corkage fee for bottles of wine

Just off that 2 day cruise on the Freedom and I a bottle of wine to Chop's and the maitre de told me there would be a corkage fee, I informed him i had just gotten of the Explorer and was told there was no corkage fee anymore and i did not intend to pay it. He told me he would look the other way. I think he was just looking for a little something.

The following night in the MDR nothing was said and there was no charge.

Just off that 2 day cruise on the Freedom and I a bottle of wine to Chop's and the maitre de told me there would be a corkage fee, I informed him i had just gotten of the Explorer and was told there was no corkage fee anymore and i did not intend to pay it. He told me he would look the other way. I think he was just looking for a little something.

The following night in the MDR nothing was said and there was no charge.

Funny. We were on the Freedom over Christmas. Took our bottles of wine to Chops, Portofinos two nights and the MDR two nights (thanks again Ellen) and the only issue that they had was trying to figure out how to remove the screwtop from the bottle. :D

Funny. We were on the Freedom over Christmas. Took our bottles of wine to Chops, Portofinos two nights and the MDR two nights (thanks again Ellen) and the only issue that they had was trying to figure out how to remove the screwtop from the bottle. :D

LOL and that was before even having anything to drink! (I've done the same thing!!)

I am about to embark on a Sth Pacific cruise on Rhapsody from Sydney. I just called RCCL to ask this very question and was told by the consultant that their is still a corkage fee if consumed in any public area. I questioned her and so she consulted her supervisor. She confirmed it still exists and directed me to the website where it still states the fee is in place. This will probably be the Au version of their website.

Anyone care to advise what has happened on recent Aussie cruises?