Royal Caribbean removes corkage fee for bottles of wine

For those of you (like me) who want to see something official in writing:

Q: Does Royal Caribbean charge a corkage fee?

A: No. Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption.

Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or from onboard shops during the cruise vacation will be stored onboard and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing.

Source: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=5442&faqSubjectId=336

When I click the above link I get......

A: No beer or spirits may be brought aboard for consumption. Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne aboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of USD 25.00.

If a guest receives a bottle of wine that was purchased from the Gifts selection, no corkage fee will apply if the bottle is consumed in any public area. If a guest receives a bottle from an outside vendor and/or travel agent, and the bottle was not purchased through our Gifts selection, then a USD 25.00 corkage fee per bottle will apply if they wish to consume the wine in the dining room or any other public area. The fee will be applied to the guest's onboard account.

Also this.....

Q:Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard - Royal Caribbean International

A: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00.

I guess this new policy still has to permeate the entire websites.

But more importantly, the SHIPS need to be informed.

Edited by icsys

A: No beer or spirits may be brought aboard for consumption. Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne aboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of USD 25.00.

If a guest receives a bottle of wine that was purchased from the Gifts selection, no corkage fee will apply if the bottle is consumed in any public area. If a guest receives a bottle from an outside vendor and/or travel agent, and the bottle was not purchased through our Gifts selection, then a USD 25.00 corkage fee per bottle will apply if they wish to consume the wine in the dining room or any other public area. The fee will be applied to the guest's onboard account.

Also this.....

Q:Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard - Royal Caribbean International

A: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00.

I just tried the link and it pulled up the new policy. Try refreshing your browser and clearing your cached data.

I just tried the link and it pulled up the new policy. Try refreshing your browser and clearing your cached data.

Doesn't work.

The link redirects to the UK site which quotes as I posted.

But at least the new policy is shown somewhere which is a start, even if I can't yet see it

Edited by icsys

Doesn't work.

The link redirects to the UK site which quotes as I posted.

But at least the new policy is shown somewhere which is a start, even if I can't yet see it

Sorry, didn't realize that you were in the UK. Guess the UK hasn't updated their website. To see the US site I think you would need to use a proxy server.

Good to know that it's on the US site and if anyone on the ship says there is a corkage fee you can show them the answer on the website.

Also this.....

You're being redirected to the UK site. Maybe they haven't updated all the sites yet.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=5442&faqSubjectId=336

From the RC website:

A: No. Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption.

Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or from onboard shops during the cruise vacation will be stored onboard and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=5442&faqSubjectId=336

From the RC website:

Thanks for the link. Looks like it took them a little over a week to update the website since the blog announcement. Not bad.:)

On Allure last week and specifically asked in CP 150 if we could bring a bottle of wine that we had brought from home and the response was that we could bring it but that it would be a $25 corkage fee.

Printing out the website FAQ question & answer to put in my folder for our cruise in 3 weeks. Pretty frustrating when we know more about their official policies than they do onboard, especially when their lack of knowledge costs us money!

On Allure last week and specifically asked in CP 150 if we could bring a bottle of wine that we had brought from home and the response was that we could bring it but that it would be a $25 corkage fee.

Does anyone know if you can bring bottle of wine from home into specialty restaurants or is it just main dining room?:confused:

Does anyone know if you can bring bottle of wine from home into specialty restaurants or is it just main dining room?:confused:

The new FAQ says Royal does not charge a corkage fee, period - makes no distinction between MDR and other venues. Its obvious, however, that this recent change hasn't been communicated fully to the staff onboard, so I'd suggest having the printed policy page from the website to show them.

Screen saved the FAQ on my iPhone for next week when I bring my bottle of wine to the dining room. Now, I need to pick which 2 wines get to join me on my cruise :)

Also, am I right to assume that I can split the bottle between 2 nights? GF and I will have a glass each for dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The weather in London is amazing for this time of year this week! We've been exploring all of the neighborhoods and this is really an amazing city. Hopefully this stays through the weekend...fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I take the allowed two bottles on board, can I consume in my stateroom? I keep reading about people taking the bottles to a restaurant.

Yes, you could always do that without any extra charge or corkage when RCI started, several years ago, to allowed passenger to bring wine onboard when embarking and still can.