Best place to go with Mom

Terri102066

We (husband and I) will be in Cozumel in October with my Mom. My husband and I have been there twice, but my Mother has never been (this will be her first cruise @59 years of age). We will be going on a Tulum excursion from Play De Carmen and not sure what we will be doing in Cozumel. My husband and I normally go snorkling, but you really don't get to see the real Mexico from the catermeran, so we were thinking of doing something different. We don't mind snorkling, but we just think the caterman ride is great, but you just don't get to see much and that is really what my Mom would like.

We were thinking of one of the jeep excursions or a beach excursion that is offered from Carnival. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Terri

For a first time visitor, I would recommend Chankanaab National Park. It is not far at all from the piers, so taxi is not much pp.(rates are posted as you leave the pier area) There's something for all at Chankanaab; a beach for lounging, good snorkeling, food and drink, and a walking path through the vegetation and "ruins". There is also a dolphin show, but I've never observed it. I believe the price is $10 pp for entrance.

Hola,

I have to go with August on this. Chankanaab is nice. We did it last year and had a ball. There is a nice man-made beach, lots of ironshore for great snorkeling, dolphins, sealions, a botanical garden and a museum to cover the history part. The food and service is good and they have some iguanas that are 3 or 4 feet long. Then you can go to Paradise Beach, Nachi Cocom, Dzul Ha, St Gervasio or go to the wild side (if they get it cleaned up in time). Darn, now I'm confused. I guess that is why I go back to Coz every year to try something new.

Then there is shopping, great places to eat, snorkel trips to Palancar Reef (did I spell that right?), or a custom island tour, other private beach clubs, etc, etc.....:D

I agree chankanaab park!!! We just got back and it was wonderful. There is something there for all ages. It was 10.00 for the cab (for both of us) and it cost 12.00 per person to get in. So many different kinds of fish, coral, plants, and they have 8 replicas of ruins in the water for you to find. That was fun.

And there was not any locals around bugging you to buy stuff.

Archived